RC poster

nothing but problems out of the box... help?

ok so where i work recently became a dealer with traxxas. we got our first shipment in and i brought home a new QR-1.
    well, at first i was having trouble connecting. no big deal. messed with turning it on/off for a sec and it was fine.
    then, the props didnt work right. the rear two spun much faster than the front ones and would not come off ground. again, toyed with resetting some stuff. problem somewhat solved..
    so finally i actually got it off the ground about 2 ft.. not being very good with the controls, it came down to the floor. no problem, ill just try again.
    well now when i went to plug the battery in to reconnect(which i had to do every time it crashed), im getting no power to the hele at all. so i thought maybe i just had a bad battery. well i charged my other battery, plugged it in, still no power.
    i already got an RMA to send in for warranty, but im just curious if anyone else has ever had this much trouble straight out of the box with one of these things?
    pretty frustrating..

Sounds to me like you either had something set up wrong or just got unlucky and had a bum QR-1. My son and I both bought QR-1s and they have been problem free other than damaging props from crashes and an occasional motor failure, also from crashes. LOL most of these crashes have been from banging the QR's into each other
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC poster
    called customer service twice. they tried to help. but couldnt really figure anything out.
    anyway.. got an RMA. gonna send it back tomorrow.
    we'll see if that warranty lives up to reputation

Quote Originally Posted by lwshivar View Post
    called customer service twice. they tried to help. but couldnt really figure anything out.
    anyway.. got an RMA. gonna send it back tomorrow.
    we'll see if that warranty lives up to reputation
    You wont have any problems witht he warranty, Traxxas has a great reputation for taking care of their customers and they deserve it.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC poster
    SO.. I got our sales manager to call the rep that sold us all the stuff. they got it worked out and i got a new one.
    works great!
    only thing im seeing is a couple tiny little cracks.
    they are right where the rotor motor housing is on the very bottom. dosent seem to effect flight too much.
    any advice on a way to fix/stop this from happening without compromising the flight characteristics?
    another buddy i work with suggested putting a drop of super glue over the cracks. any thoughts?

RC poster
    I got one when they came out a while ago, and it broke the FIRST day I used it. There were many problems from the start, the propellers pulled to one way so i had to trim it to the max. I was able to control it, then it dropped and broke the motor. Since it was the beginning, I couldn't get them for a while. It took a month to finally get it and fix it. After many more broken motors, I finally gave up because I don't feel like putting much money in.

This post has been edited to remove the bypassing of the language fitler. If you can not type a word without the filter blocking it it is best to just not use the word at all. Some other content was also removed to keep this post within the scope of the rules.

Dadx2mj
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 03-22-2014 at 01:22 PM.

You could always put a little glue over the cracks like you said. I'd put a little on there and get a small paint brush or something to smooth it out. You can always get a new shell. They are pretty inexpensive on dollarhobbyz.com. they have a lot of great prices for factory Traxxas parts. I've been wanting to buy another one and paint it my own color.

Sent from my SCH-I535