RC Racer

Thumbs up Another tire(s) question..

Hey guys,

Just wondering if the BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A's (TRA6871R) will fit on Prolines Split Six beadlock rims. Thinkung about ordering a set.

Thanks.

RC Racer
    According to prolines website they aren't compatable because of the indents and lips built in to prolines tires specific to the wheel

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Thanks. It also says not for high speed use either.. but we know guys go fast with beadlocks lol.

Has anybody tried mounting them on the beadlocks?

RC Champion
    Mine fell off,

I ran this truck on 4s most of the time and no issues with the proline tires,
    Last edited by Zepher; 02-16-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

El Sob said he did and he showed me pictures of them. I guess I'll just wait for him to chime in.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    Yes it would be great if El Sob chimed in. That guy is a cornicopia of knowledge!

Ok, here are some photos from my snooping... These photos are El sob's, not mine.

Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Champion
    Why not just buy some trenchers or bad lands? I still have the original pre mounts witch I keep for the RARE occasion when I am on the street

Hello fellow Traxxas Slash 4x4 lovers! You can run the Traxxas tires with Proline beadlocks. For the most part they stay on. I started putting just a slight bit of glue on the bead for cheap insurance. I also enjoy the Traxxas Slash 4x4 tires but they must be S1compound. Pro mod steve, are you sharing the goodness
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    Pro mod steve: I have the PL BADLANDS. But honestly the BFG's are much much better on the ice and snow with my setup.

El Sob: Thank you Sir for confirming that the BFG's work with the split sixes.
    Last edited by DoppelGanger13; 02-16-2014 at 11:12 PM. Reason: typo..

RC Champion
    Hey guys, I was just reading PL website and it had a warning for not using Split Six Beadlocks with Brushless Power. Have you guys ever had any problems with PL Tires coming out of BL? I have some Maximizer Beadlocks that I had on a ERBE Mamba Monster 2200kv with 4S and never had any problems with the BL letting go of the tires.

@Zepher - Are those 2.2 Trencher SC Tires with Split Six BL in post #4 on the Slash with the black body?

Thanks
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelGanger13 View Post
    Pro mod steve: I have the PL BADLANDS. But honestly the BFG's are much much better on the ice and snow with my setup.

El Sob: Thank you Sir for confirming that the BFG's work with the split sixes.
    You are very welcome! That is what we're here for! I have lots of stuff documented in pictures. I am always willing to help my fellow Traxxas Slash 4x4 lovers!
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    Hey guys, I was just reading PL website and it had a warning for not using Split Six Beadlocks with Brushless Power. Have you guys ever had any problems with PL Tires coming out of BL? I have some Maximizer Beadlocks that I had on a ERBE Mamba Monster 2200kv with 4S and never had any problems with the BL letting go of the tires.

@Zepher - Are those 2.2 Trencher SC Tires with Split Six BL in post #4 on the Slash with the black body?

Thanks
    The old version had problems I think, that was years ago. Their updated design holds, at least their own brand tires, incredibly well. Maybe you'll have problems going really high wheel RPM with an un-belted super duper soft tire that balloons itself off, but I've yet to see that recently. It will never hold other brands of tires quite as well, it's just the bead shaping *shrug*

And yes that truck in #4 is rocking Trencher X SC tires, M3 compound

RC Champion
    So when your talking about tire compound, is M1 softer or harder than M3?
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX coming soon...

RC Competitor
    M1 is harder. M2 is Medium, M3 is Soft, M4 is Super Soft.