RC Racer

Alias Alien Abduction

I was at a Carnival in the parking lot as it was closing.. Took the Alias up and as some people are leaving they saw me landing it and a guy says "omg is that what that was?!?! I was freaking out! We saw that from all the way across the carnival and thought aliens were here...". And he wasn't kidding lol.

So earlier I was at Publix waiting in the car while someone picked up a few things. Big parking lot so I took the Alias out and took off.. Blasted up pretty high (dark outside) - way above the trees and parking lot lights- and I hear people talking excitedly. I look and there is a crowd of people very excited, eyes all skyward, and pointing at it.. I hear mentions of space ship lol..

They don't notice me at all. I stay high and blast from side to side in the parking lot. And I use the rudder to spin around.. Out of the corner of my eye I see they are still pointing - and the crowd has grown. People coming out of the store are all gathering and looking up at it. But the people aren't pointing anymore. Now they have cell phones out and are recording the event. .

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I'm laughing trying to fly the thing.. After 4 or 5 min I move it away from the people but stay high. Then I kill the lights and dive for earth.. The people are all still looking around trying to find it and I'm on the ground...

Next time I'm bringing someone with me to film the people who are looking up and filming the Alias. This is too funny. YouTube video to come..

Oh my gosh I would die laughing! That's a great story, thanks for sharing.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

heeeeee. Too funny man. Can't wait to see the vid !
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

Ha ha ha, look forward to these videos on the news channel.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

Similar stories play out in front of my house 3-4 nights a week. My son has built a extreme Quad and his buddies from work (LHS) have some bigger Quads so it is not unusual for us to have 3-5 Quads in the air at night. My Son's Quad has 4' of very bright LED's on it. We have had people drive up saying they saw it from the near by Freeway, and several local stores. One night the Police showed up to check it out.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

This is awesome. I used to fly an airplane with lights in the wings, people would certainly do a double take but wouldn't mistake it for a UFO. I'll have to try this at home, no real trees in my area so I should be able to attract some attention.

RC Racer
    So which Alias looks more alienish?

Personally I think the green and orange is pretty creepy...
    Last edited by Jerry1234; 02-19-2014 at 01:47 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    yes almost bug like lol

That's a great story, thanks for sharing.