RC Qualifier

Did I just waste money?

I just saw that castle has released the 1/8 Sidewinder that's roughly $60 less than my MMP 2400 SCT combo I bought. Should I return the MMP combo and buy the 1/8 sidewinder? I'm kind of annoyed I got caught in this transition.

RC Qualifier
    Just depends on how you look at it do you want a motor that is way to much for a slash 4x4 and will make you upgrade more then the 2400kv or do you want a motor that is the best fit and only a few upgrades are needed. Also if waterproof ness is a need/want.

Do you plan on running up to 6s? The 2200 can handle that without breaking a sweat. If you just plan on running 3s I would have gotten the motor system from the Traxxas Funny car.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Champion
    Stick with the MMP/2400. It's a much better overall combo for the slash 4x4. The sidewinder system would be a better choice only if you were doing speed runs.

One more thing to consider, should you ever decide to run a sensored motor in the future the mmp can do the job while the new sidewinder 8 wont, imo the only thing the new one does better is the fact its waterproof which has no significance to me.
    I have personally run the 2200kv, 2650kv, 2400kv and 3800kv.
    In the 4wd slash my opinion is the 2400kv is by far the best fit for the application.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    I love the 3800's we have in our slash's but the 2200 in mine is just much cooler. I plan to upgrade all my kids rc's with that combo eventually.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    I love the 3800's we have in our slash's but the 2200 in mine is just much cooler. I plan to upgrade all my kids rc's with that combo eventually.
    There are a handful of folks who enjoy that setup, it was a bit much for my tastes but we all enjoy something a bit different.
    I ran the 2650 for a bit as well however it too was heavy and the only time it really shined was on 4s again making the truck heavier then I personally preferred.
    This is the great thing about the slash, you can do so many things different with them theres something for everyone to enjoy.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 02-20-2014 at 06:12 PM.

RC Champion
    I agree, it's so versatile as to what you can do. We have a few slashs with different combos and setups. Then in our local bash group theres even more variety of setups. Not too many kits out there that so versatile!

Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    I agree, it's so versatile as to what you can do. We have a few slashs with different combos and setups. Then in our local bash group theres even more variety of setups. Not too many kits out there that so versatile!
    That would be nice to have a group of bashers, we race in all summer but no one around here does much in the winter and the only indoor track is a 100 mile round trip.
    Some off the snow pics and videos I've been seeing look like fun.

RC Champion
    RC upgrades in general can be considered a waste of money, if you know what I'm saying

Have fun and enjoy what you have or bought, its all entertainment no matter what you do

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    That would be nice to have a group of bashers, we race in all summer but no one around here does much in the winter and the only indoor track is a 100 mile round trip.
    Some off the snow pics and videos I've been seeing look like fun.
    I started our group Quad Cities Bashers because it was hard finding others to bash with. So I started our group on facebook and had the lhs's hang our flyers. Then it started to grow and we encompass racers and crawlers and the whole range of rc's. Now we are over 400 members strong! Just gotta put your mind to it! I'm lucky to have a few lhs's within a 30 minute drive.