Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 1/16 Mini Emaxx

RC Qualifier
    Wow nice sponsors! You deserve it. I think the wheel base looks longer.
    Those who forfeit liberty 4 security get neither

RC Racer
    Awesome build Aspengt!!! I have been following this build from the beginning and I never thought it would come out this good. You do some great work!

RC Qualifier
    I think as close as I can tell the wheelbase on the summit is like 8 1/2"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by USA1 View Post
    I think as close as I can tell the wheelbase on the summit is like 8 1/2"
    The wheelbase on the summit is 8.43", Merv is 7.9" vs. the wheelbase on the Mini Maxx is 8.5"

The width of the summit is 10.43" , Merv 9.4" vs. the width on the Mini Maxx is 10.93"

Ground clearance on the summit is up to 2.6" , Merv same with mods, vs. the ground clearance on the Mini Maxx of up to 2.8"

That is an amazing rig. It puts this at the top of my most unique project list.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Enthusiast
    i have a emaxx and a rally 1/16 scale so this is pretty cool to see a 1/16 scale emaxx !

Gotta be the best full custom build I have ever seen.
    Slash 4x4
    Stampede 4x4
    Stampede 2WD

RC Qualifier
    Here is the first unedited video of the custom built Mini Maxx V2. The video is a little shaky but its hard to video and drive at the same time. No issues came up on the bash session asside that thers is a little more tuning to the suspension and I need to get more batteries. The truck drove and handled great! Super happy with how it turned out! And can't wait to get out again soon!
    Last edited by Aspengt; 06-08-2014 at 07:31 PM.

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    Nice vids. You make me want to start project of my own.

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    3rd bash session with the mini maxx. Rear diff is clicking badly by the end even with shimming. Can really hear during the high speed runs. Top speed with stock merv gearing 46.35mph on 1- 2S SPC 2500mah lipo.

RC Racer
    This is such an awesome build! I was following it when it was being built and then the thread went dead. What happened to this amazing little monster?

Quote Originally Posted by Aspengt View Post
    3rd bash session with the mini maxx. Rear diff is clicking badly by the end even with shimming. Can really hear during the high speed runs. Top speed with stock merv gearing 46.35mph on 1- 2S SPC 2500mah lipo.
    i would get the center differential, i got mine new for a little over $20 my e revo still wheelies just not more than half an inch off the ground. it has about the same speed and handles much better on dirt/mud.
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

RC Champion
    This is an awesome truck!!! I would own a emaxx this size for sure!! I saw when this was started and I never thought it would evolve into the awesome craftmenship! I wish there was a place just to pin the absolute best build threads cause I'd put this there!
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Qualifier
    Sorry, I didn't mean to let the thread die. Just seemed like the interest had died down. The mini maxx is doing great! I bash it almost every weekend. I've broken a couple parts but all of which have been stock traxxas parts that I used on the build. All of which have been upgraded since. I was a little hesitant to really jump it at first but I quickly got over that and have been getting some big air with it. I am very VERY happy with just how well it jumps and can be controlled in the air. My buddy was so impressed we are now working on building one for him using the Version 1 chassis and parts. I'm on my second body at this point. I'm be doing a complete tear down over the winter and clean everything up. Going to switch all the screws over to stainless.

Nathan- I was able to solve the rear diff issue. I added one extra shim to the side of the differential, and then one one the pinion gear. No issues since.

ManDime- thanks! This is deff my favorite vehicle from my collection.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Man this thing sure turned out sweet. When do they go into production ?
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Racer
    I hope Traxxas starts production of this rig , I sure would like to have one myself!!

RC Qualifier
    Mini Emaxx Sunday Fun:
    Last edited by Aspengt; 11-13-2014 at 12:47 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Upgrades! Got in the new shocks. The new aluminum bellcrank is on its way as well as a slab of T-6061 aluminum so I can build new more intricate shock towers to allow for more adjustments.

RC Competitor
    When you get the final design nailed down you should find a local shop that has a CNC or 3d printer that has the hand scanner so you can scan your parts and have them easily converted to cad files. Then you can have them printed or milled whenever you want and save a lot of time.

RC poster
    Awesome build, and all of my respect is Yours, Aspengt! and please, dont get me wrong, but in my opinion, its not true 1/16 scale, more likely a 1/14. According to the official spec: the 1/16 scale summit is about 56.7% of the big one, based on the wheelbase. same situation on the revo, but the ratio is 56.4%.

so a 1/16 scale Maxx should have a wb about 7.5 inches. and I think the Trencher tires would fit better to the 1/16 scale(by diameter).

how heavy is Your V2 truck now? i think its weight is much more than the "official" 1/16 scale trucks...

and how about that online 3d printing service sy mentioned earlyer? why dont you go ahead and offer your design for sale online?

and please keep us updated, every little info counts! i'd also like some real slow-mo video close ups about your trucks susp movement with the new shocks!

Cheers From Hungary!(sorry for the long post)

RC poster
    I just wanted to express my admiration and congratulations for both versions . This comes from Greece .
    I am a novice in rc , I own a revo 1/16 and I spent my Sunday afternoon following your thread from day 1.
    You helped a lot in increasing my interest in RC cars.
    Please continue to post new videos and future projects.

RC Competitor
    Haven't been on the forums for ages but saw your scratch built rig an can't give you enough props for how awesome it is. If you do think about making one of these in 3D google tinkercad as its a free cad program thats extremely simple and easy to use! Then have a company like shapeways print them out an then you can make a little profit on the side.

I remember back with the mini T came out looking at traxxas wondering if they were gonna make a mini E-max an they never did then losi made the mini LST which reminded me so much of the max's dual motor setup now this little beast you have made is exactly what I envisioned as a youngster!

Now if you really wanted to be crazy figure out a way to make a nitro version of the chassis so we can have a mini T-maxx aswell.

Traxxas! WHY YOU NO MAKE MINI MAXX!

RC Competitor
    Any updates on this little beast? How is the truck holding up?

RC Qualifier
    I don't even have words. This is the awesomely thing ever! I'm speechless

RC Qualifier
    Mini Maxx V3 coming soon. The mini maxx v2 made it throughout the last season with no real damage. Just a few parts that were stock failed. With the entire truck torn down for the winter it's time for improvements and upgrades. The shock tower has been redesigned and is being cut from aluminum. The Rowling are being upgraded, new aluminum bellcrank, big bore shocks which required a slight redesign of the lower a-arms. New lower a-arms possibly being made out of aluminum. A new body, And a few other upgrades and surprises. I will be uploading pictures as I move along with the process.

RC Qualifier
    The layout of all the pieces minus the body and the design of the new shock towers, skid plates, and lower A-arms.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I love this little thing. I love the emaxx, but it's just too heavy for the design. I'll bet this little bugger doesn't have that problem!
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Qualifier
    Working on doing the rough cut out of the lower A-arms, newly designed shock towers. Cutting through 1/2" aluminum with a hacksaw def wears you out. Now to trace out the upper arms onto the 3/8" aluminum bar do a slight redesign of them and then cut them out as well. Getting really excited to see how this is going to turn out with all this aluminum. Going to need to do a lot of filling and relief cuts in the aluminum pieces to lower the overall weight but keep the strength of each piece.

RC Qualifier
    A little more progress on the lower rear A-arms.

RC Racer
    I am totally impressed with your work!

where do you get the aluminum from? Do you work with metal for a living?....cuz your are seriously talented.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you, I picked the aluminum up of of eBay. And no I actually work in the pharmaceutical industry.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks zach23

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    more more more!!!
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelle318 View Post
    more more more!!!
    Will have more soon. Had to take a step back for a bit due to work schedules and training.

RC Racer
    I've never wanted an EMAXX so bad, all I can say is WOWZERS!!!!!
    Too many RC's to list.......I NEED MORE THO!!!!

RC Racer
    What sector of pharmaceutical?

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    Quote Originally Posted by kemmonlee View Post
    What sector of pharmaceutical?
    drugs, duh! (drugs is another word for medicine right?)

ok, get some rest and start postin more! you should've sent this stuff to traxxas!
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast