* 1 aluminum prop shaft
    * 1 outboard prop shaft bearing
    * 1 Flight control board, bad ESC
    * 4 refrigerator magnets

What's in your bone yard?

RC poster
    My bone yard consists of:

* 1 traxxas latrax alias

It has a bad motor and 2 broke spur gears. But since no one has any parts for sale, the entire copter is just broke and rotting on the shelf

RC Competitor
    6 motors
    4 props
    4 batteries
    2 chargers and the trouble it is to get parts, don`t plan on selling any.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by HPIFreak View Post
    My bone yard consists of:

* 1 traxxas latrax alias

It has a bad motor and 2 broke spur gears. But since no one has any parts for sale, the entire copter is just broke and rotting on the shelf
    Motors and spur gears are easily available. I suggested a source earlier today and my post was removed so I guess I can't tell you. But just google the part numbers and you'll find everything.

RC Competitor
    In another thread, a poster sez that the motor reliability has been improved. If so, this is great news.

As for the 78-pin spur gears, well, they're plastic (don't know what kind) whereas the 11-pin gear on the associated motor is metallic. When I sent my Alias in for warranty work for a failed motor, LaTrax replaced two of the 78-pin spur gears. One didn't surprise me, it was missing 2-3 teeth. I don't know what was wrong with the other.

Anyway, I do hope that LaTrax takes to heart many of the complaints I've seen on the forum and improves the Alias' 'weak' spots. No doubt their profit margin is taking a hit with all the warranty work they've had to do.

In my boneyard is (now) two motors and two 78-pin spur gears.
    Last edited by Winder-388thVFW; 02-23-2014 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winder-388thVFW View Post
    As for the 78-pin spur gears, well, they're plastic (don't know what kind) whereas the 11-pin gear on the associated motor is metallic.
    As the same with the E-Revo and nitro Revo; T & E-Maxxes, and other vehicles out there. There's a reason why the spur is plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winder-388thVFW View Post
    Anyway, I do hope that LaTrax takes to heart many of the complaints I've seen on the forum and improves the Alias' 'weak' spots. No doubt their profit margin is taking a hit with all the warranty work they've had to do.

In my boneyard is (now) two motors and two 78-pin spur gears.
    I don't know what happens at headquarters but I'm pretty sure that Traxxas reads the boards and sees the complaints and works to improve or change. There's plenty of Traxxas employees that post here and probably many more that peruse the forums.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    I got 2 spur gears, one motor awaiting replacement from traxxas but I ordered 4 online.

RC poster
    11 motors 6 spurs 8 shafts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My bone yard consists of nothing lol i hate seeing the broken parts. I just toss them as soon as i replace them. i've been thru 3 motors and 1 bearing so far.