RC poster

New to RC's need some help

Hey guys I'm new to the whole rc world got into it because brother-in-law is into them but anyways I need some help keeping my slash on the ground. It runs great but when I get up to speed it decides it wants to catch air from underneath and flip backwards should I try lowering the front or just maybe try and find a way to add weight to it so it'll hopefully stay planted. Thanks guys for any help you can give

RC Qualifier
    I would try lowering as far as it can go first like you said, adding weight will always do the trick too.
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

RC poster
    Will do thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    proline flotek body for sure

RC Racer
    You could also put a wheelie bar on it. It won't keep the front wheels on the ground, but it will keep it from flipping over.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger9 View Post
    proline flotek body for sure
    +1 on this. Also you can cut holes in your stock body in certain places to reduce the parachuting effect. The holes let the air escape from under the body which keeps it from flipping over at speed.
    Nitro Slash 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    Can you post some pics of how you have your body cut. I've had this problem also.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badslash0521 View Post
    Can you post some pics of how you have your body cut. I've had this problem also.
    I have the slash 3.3 as well. I have the same problem. I changed my rims and tires to taller and wider and that seems to have helped a bit. I also put a thic spacer on the back and thin spacer on the front bc I was running a thick on front and thin on rear. Next I will velcro and attempt to aerodynamically improve the body (from parachuting). I have also thought about a heavier spring/ oil for the rear to keep it from squatting too much. Although sometimes its pretty cool to be cruising half throttle and still get the front in the air.