RC Racer

Lost my Alias into a tree for the first time ever..

Was flying out front of the house- as I have done 100 times before- and suddenly all the lights turned on on the Alias and it just fell out of the sky.

I guess that means it lost connection with the controller but I don't know why. There are a couple of power lines nearby but they've never caused any issue before so I don't know why it was an issue today.

Got my ladder and my tree pruner and had it down in about 20 seconds and it fell into the grass. Dusted it off and it kept right on flying. This goes to my point these things are tough as nails unless you land hard on the foot pads.

Oh and btw I'm finally done! My Alias(es) now have their big brother:

RC Qualifier
    Very nice collection. Whats the big one? I like the lights on it.
    Stampede Vxl Aton Summit

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan93civic View Post
    Very nice collection. Whats the big one? I like the lights on it.
    Thanks man.. 1st is my original Alias, 2nd was bought as a backup while waiting on parts for first. Third is my sons. 4th I bought because it was a great deal (bought used). Big one is a DJI 450. The LEDs I did myself. They are RGB for multi-colors and light shows.. I took at up at the park tonight and it defiantly draws a crowd lol..

tell you what though... That Alias is still more fun! The Alias just needs to be a bit bigger and it would really kick butt.. Alias 2.0 maybee

RC poster
    Quick similar story: I bought my brother a Hubsan X4 (cheap w/camera) and his first flight he got above the trees and the wind took it and we never saw it again. I'll get him the Alias this xmas... lol

Ive had my Alias for two months now (8/16) and it is perfect to learn how to fly with. I've already had to replace motors and gears, I see what everybody means about sensitive motors.

ya cool collection!