RC Racer

how much range should I have?

Hello guys, I recently acquired a merv, (what a blast) at about 150'-200' it will just stop. I checked the antenna and it has not been tampered with. The tube is short it doesn't stick out of the body. Would weak batteries in the transmitter cause this?

thanks in advance

They could. I would recommend a better radio system. I use a modded fly sky fs gt-3b.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Racer
    seriously? That is my problem? I have TQi for all my other radios and no problems what soever.

Could it be a high interference area?

RC Racer
    I doubt it, I'm in a rural area.

Is is a different transmitter than your other cars use? Same TX and rx?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 04zrx View Post
    Hello guys, I recently acquired a merv, (what a blast) at about 150'-200' it will just stop. I checked the antenna and it has not been tampered with. The tube is short it doesn't stick out of the body. Would weak batteries in the transmitter cause this?

thanks in advance
    That is normal. The TQ is not a very strong transmitter. The higher you mount the antenna, the further distance you can go. The interference in your area is also a factor-that is why some can go 50 yards and other 200 yards with the same setup.

seriously? That is my problem? I have TQi for all my other radios and no problems what soever.
    See if your TQi transmitter is compatible with your Mervs receiver. If it is, bind it and test the distance. I am sure you will find you will have more distance with the TQi transmitter.

http://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-T...tibility-Guide
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-15-2014 at 08:28 AM. Reason: merge
    All those who believe psychokinesis raise my hand

RC Racer
    This might be a dumb question but I thought I could use mt TQI transmitter with more than one rig? I have 3 rigs and 3 transmitters is this necessary? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Traxxas Marshal
    This might be a dumb question but I thought I could use mt TQI transmitter with more than one rig? I have 3 rigs and 3 transmitters is this necessary? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
    You can use the same transmitter for multiple vehicles. See page 13 of the TQi manual.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Competitor
    Ours will do 200-300' with a trimmed antenna tube, no problem
    Slash Ultimate 4x4
    STAY AWAY FROM BIZARRE HOBBIES

RC Qualifier

I got these Kyosho Kt201 and range is real world 500meters... never saw a better RC car range in years of rc... even the high end sanwa mx11 is a 400meter range...

Weird, hein?
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 04-25-2014 at 05:59 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post

I got these Kyosho Kt201 and range is real world 500meters... never saw a better RC car range in years of rc... even the high end sanwa mx11 is a 400meter range...

Weird, hein?
    While 500m sounds great, there is no way that is practical in the RC truck world. How can you control a vehicle you can't see?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzforbrains View Post
    While 500m sounds great, there is no way that is practical in the RC truck world. How can you control a vehicle you can't see?
    -Well if you can't see it... you can't! But when you have large open areas like that on the video i posted or even the double of that is fun to see an ant coming along... i really love this range! I had a spketrum 2,4ghz and it was no more then 60meters range...really AM 27mhz range? ahahaha

Either way it's cheap and it's Kyosho! 30 to 40 euros on the radio and 25euros for a receiver :P
    I am happy for 3 years in a row! But i know it's not a high end radio not even close... but this range is a must "at least for me" and that no one can't take it, and so the memory model that is essencial for having more then 2 rc's!

Edited for language abuse.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-25-2014 at 02:11 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
    -Well if you can't see it... you can't! But when you have large open areas like that on the video i posted or even the double of that is fun to see an ant coming along... i really love this range! I had a spketrum 2,4ghz and it was no more then 60meters range...really AM 27mhz range? ahahaha

Either way it's cheap and it's Kyosho! 30 to 40 euros on the radio and 25euros for a receiver :P
    I am happy for 3 years in a row! But i know it's not a high end radio not even close... but this range is a must "at least for me" and that no one can't take it, and so the memory model that is essencial for having more then 2 rc's!
    I am sure it's a good radio. I have many complaints about the Spectrum radios. 60M for a 2.4ghz system is very poor. I get 150M+ with my Futaba FM radio.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-25-2014 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Modified quote.