Qr-1 discontinued ?

Is there any truth that the QR-1 will be discontinued. Several r/c superstores say "discontinued". Local dealer can't get them in either. He keeps saying they're back ordered.

Beatings will continue until compliance is gained
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Towerhobbies is showing that the RTF version is discontinued but the TX-less version is "backordered". Sounds like it's discontinued.

That's what I thought. Went with different copter that has video. Should arrive in a few days. Wanted a traxxas since everything I own is traxxas but if they don't make it then. No other choice

RC Competitor
    Interesting . . . perhaps the Alias is more popular because of its size and power. On the other hand, I like the QR-1 because it's more fun to fly indoors, and is a good training aid for 'upgrade' to the Alias.

I have the alias and love it. Great little copter but yes... A little to big for a house. That's why I wanted to purchase QR-1. At any rate I picked up something else I'm sure I'll be happy with. Can't wait for it to arrive

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You still could have found a QR-1 on ebay for a decent price. Matter of fact, there is one posted in the Marketplace for $55 shipped.

Yes the Alias is too big for the house and is waaaaay better than the QR-1 but I have to give props to the QR-1 because it "trained" me to be the flyer I am today

I wouldn't want to buy something if it's discontinued. Then you run into lack of available parts, etc... I'm very happy with my alternative choice

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by guardog View Post
    I wouldn't want to buy something if it's discontinued. Then you run into lack of available parts, etc... I'm very happy with my alternative choice

Point taken. I actually have 2 QR-1's and 5 batteries total and plenty of blades. That should hold me over for quite some time to have at least 1 flying.

RC Racer
    It could be a updated version with LED lights and stuff.

I honestly am not surprised. They pushed the alias almost right after the qr1. Never really gave it a chance I think. I actually really like it and fly it quite often. Guess its time to stock up on blades and batteries. Even though I have five batteries and about 30 a and 30 b blades lol

Sent from my SCH-I535

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by guardog View Post

good thing its just a rebranded husban x4 so parts will be steadily available....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socalirevo View Post
    good thing its just a rebranded husban x4 so parts will be steadily available....
    I was thinking it but you said it

RC Qualifier
    I'm sure it will still be easy to get parts for it as its sold under numerous names. Just the other day while walking through the mall there was a guy flying one in front of a kiosk, it wasn't called a QR-1, or a Husban, I forget the name now but I bought a pack of over-priced blades from them!

As long as they are still selling the ready to bind models I would think they would still have parts somewhat readily available.

Sent from my SCH-I535