RC poster

Slash 2wd with Jato A Arms in the rear

Hey everybody, Looking for some advice on going wide on the rear of my Slash 2wd. I want to go wider than the proline kit, and am thinking about maybe Jato arms? Anyone do that? Have a parts list? Or any ideas other than jato arms???

RC Qualifier
    I'm thinking you need the camber links also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Yes I would

RC Champion
    I recently used rustler rear arms to widen my slash rear end. All you need are the arms, they bolt right on and you can use all your stock slash parts. They widen the car a 1/4 of an inch per side.

RC poster
    Nice and I know that is an option but I was really wanting to go wider...

RC Competitor
    Why do you want to make it wider? Just curious. Wider is going to cause rubbing issues between the tires and body.
    EMaxx 3903 / Revo 3.3 5309 / Slash 2wd 58034

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Rat View Post
    Nice and I know that is an option but I was really wanting to go wider...
    Keep in mind your truck has a 13.2" wheel base, I went with pro track arms and front hexs with front rims and my wheel track was wider then my base(13.6") and the truck handled poorly because of it, I was driving a square truck.
    I'm not clear as to your goals but just thought I would let you in on my experience.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 96motorhead View Post
    I recently used rustler rear arms to widen my slash rear end. All you need are the arms, they bolt right on and you can use all your stock slash parts. They widen the car a 1/4 of an inch per side.

question, are they RPM rustler arms? wondering because i have them on my rear as well and noticed that when in the air, the drive shafts rub on the middle rib when the shocks are uncompressed (truck in the air). i want to put one more set of spacers on the rear shocks for ground clearance but it would make that problem worse.
    Last edited by d3phext; 03-01-2014 at 09:15 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I put the 4x4/Rustler rear a-arms on my 2WD. I think they're a bit wider than 1/4", maybe 3/16".

Anyway, you can't go much wider without replacing the camber links as you'll run out of threads. Don't know about the driveshafts either.

Anyway, you can't go much wider without replacing the camber links as you'll run out of threads. Don't know about the driveshafts either.
    You can purchase a set of pro line links to cure this issue but I'm not certain they can be bought without the arms.
    I guess you can part "6062.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 03-01-2014 at 10:04 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by d3phext View Post
    question, are they RPM rustler arms? wondering because i have them on my rear as well and noticed that when in the air, the drive shafts rub on the middle rib when the shocks are uncompressed (truck in the air). i want to put one more set of spacers on the rear shocks for ground clearance but it would make that problem worse.
    Ya i'm running rpm arms and they do rub slightly but it's barely anything. Also I am using longer truggy shocks in the rear for a little bit more travel, so that might be why for me. I was gonna switch over to the traxxas steel drive shafts anyways, so it won't be a problem when I do that.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    You can purchase a set of pro line links to cure this issue but I'm not certain they can be bought without the arms.
    I guess you can part "6062.
    Or just get a set of jato links, they will be at every hobby store.

Quote Originally Posted by 96motorhead View Post
    Or just get a set of jato links, they will be at every hobby store.
    This is true and they may be a few bucks less.

RC Champion
    I've been wanting to try this mode on a couple of trucks, does anyone have pics of this set up?

RC Champion
    These are rustler rear arms with rpm wide offset wheels. The driver side wheel camber is off so don't pay attention to that. Not the best pictures but you get the idea.

RC poster
    Well the body is gone already anyway we have a roll cage with some panels to make it look like a sand rail... We go to the dunes all the time, and we put some rustler wheels and paddles on it to get a little more bite and they are just hitting the chassis but 3/16 wider may not be enough. It looks great and we will do something wider on the front for sure to give it that rail look but we were wanting a little more width in the back to keep it planted on the big dunes. We dont race, **** its my little girls car anyway but its so tippy compared to my revo and she just wants to trick it out and I like going overboard!!!

RC poster
    Plus we will probably run some Stampede wheels in the dirt...

RC Champion
    Cool, what dunes do you plan to run it at?

RC poster
    Hello,
    Were did you find the sand rail chassis? I've been trying to find one.

RC Champion
    I built it myself. You can try to find a rc4wd sand rail chassis for the slash. They are discontinued but they are decent chassis's.