Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Put my aluminum bearing adapter In today ! Real easy. Shoulder is out of the sling, gonna try those slash 2wd MIPS I have see if they work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by roscoeP View Post
    Thanks, they are rpm wide offset chrome revolvers 2.2 with proline tsl sx super swampers.
    Wow!! That rust job on that old Chevy body is just AMAZING!! Great job man you should be proud of that work. Very unique looking Pede. Kudos to you.

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Hopefully that will stop your diff troubles be because you still are on stock motor mount and plastic bearing adapter could be flexing the slipper and causing trouble with the diff because these upgraded parts stop flex by quite a margin but I could be wrong but its an idea..........peace
    That doesn't make sense to me spennie. Please explain your idea more precise.

How can the motor mount or bearing adapter affect the diff? Also if the motor mount flexes, how can that be transfered to the diff?

Ran some 4s packs today gearing 14/54 but Castle 1415 Motor went too hot. Didn't had my temp gun but I couldn't touch it any more.

Also the pinion came loose because the heat dissolved the loctite on the grub screw.

I think the way I drive is very demanding for the Motor. Small spot, hills, jumps and mostly stop and go all the time.

So I will try 3s next time. Also less weight on the truck.

XO-1 Diff in the rear is holding up well so far.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 08:50 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Lol 3s might be better man. Take a video plz I can never find a good video that has that motor !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Ran some 4s packs today gearing 14/54 but Castle 1415 Motor went too hot. Didn't had my temp gun but I couldn't touch it any more.

Also the pinion came loose because the heat dissolved the loctite on the grub screw.

I think the way I drive is very demanding for the Motor. Small spot, hills, jumps and mostly stop and go all the time.

So I will try 3s next time. Also less weight on the truck.

XO-1 Diff in the rear is holding up well so far.
    Make sure your pinion/spur mesh is not to tight. It happened to me when I first installed my 1415 motor. I've run 4s 19/54 with no heat issues. Hope this helps.

So after checking all the screws I saw this:

The Aluminium of those MIP 17mm seems not very durable

Not too happy about

It just cracked. So I have to order new ones or is there something stronger out there?

RC Qualifier
    MIPS for the rear! Bigger body pin mod and red spring for the rear

RC Competitor
    Got this in the mail today Going to replace the rainbow colored wires with solid black, and modify my p4de chassis to make it fit. Can't wait for better, drier weather!

BTW: That's the 3500kv flavor ...
    Last edited by affinityofmist; 03-21-2014 at 04:34 PM.

RC Racer
    Started on tuesday.

finished today.

it was my first body I've ever painted, wanted something easy to paint.
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

Quote Originally Posted by affinityofmist View Post
    Got this in the mail today Going to replace the rainbow colored wires with solid black, and modify my p4de chassis to make it fit. Can't wait for better, drier weather!

dude thats the same setup as I roll with I am glad you went with itit's going to make you smile with all the extra torque and speed when you run higher gearing.......peace

Quote Originally Posted by HKSJoo View Post
    Started on tuesday.

finished today.

it was my first body I've ever painted, wanted something easy to paint.
    Dude you have done a sick paint job on your first go.......peace
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 08:49 AM. Reason: merge
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Ok guys after much deliberation I've decided to make some changes to my stampedes 4x4 and 2x4. Currently my p2de is running a castle sv2/3800 and the p4de has stock traxxas velinion system. I'm tired of worrying about heat issues with the 4x4 so I'm going to put the velinion system in the 2x4 and take the 3800 for the 4x4. Now I do have a mamba max pro that is currently used on my M8. So the 4x4 will get the mamba max pro/3800. I really believe this will satisfy my needs and if not then one of the two 1415 2400s will make its way back on the 4x4 lol. Sorry for all this confusion lol, I've just been thinking about this all day at work. Pics and thoughts to follow. Later dudes..

That doesn't make sense to me spennie. Please explain your idea more precise.

How can the motor mount or bearing adapter affect the diff? Also if the motor mount flexes, how can that be transfered to the diff?
    Because if the plastic flex it could let the slipper shaft flex which go into the ring and pinion gears and break the teeth on the diff.but as I said I could be wrong dude.....peace

RC Qualifier
    installed the xo-1 diff at the rear today.
    Nice...good upgrade.

Really nice combo you got there man. I love the idea of only black color motor/esc wiring. Should look sweet and add some serious power. Please post some pics of those black wires when you finish

Quote Originally Posted by Pede4x4owner View Post
    MIPS for the rear! Bigger body pin mod and red spring for the rear

Looking good man. Looks like you saved some coin and weight with those mip shafts. Which mip shafts are they?

Drained and refiled front shocks. Also remounted the fronts with shock guards . The guards should help from bending lower shock mounting hardware. I also lightly packed the spare king head bearing with marine grease. Got the 3800 installed and locked down the pinion. Tomorrow I will swap over the MMP.

Sorry pressed the wrong button before uploading the picture lol.. I also replaced the stock black ten t springs with some gold firmer springs. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 08:49 AM. Reason: merge

So after checking all the screws I saw this:

The Aluminium of those MIP 17mm seems not very durable

Not too happy about

It just cracked. So I have to order new ones or is there something stronger out there?
    so i sent this to matt from mip support. he wrote that he had never seen this brakage before and will sent me new ones.

RC poster
    Took her down and dyed the chassis black. Aldo installed aluminum shock caps. Upon reassembly, stripped out one of the screws that holds down the gear cover. Ugh ...

Going to be ordering some of Tony's Screws and my heatsink for the motor got here today so that needs to go on.

I just want to get back to bashing already!
    Stampede 4x4 VXL- stock ... for now.

RC Qualifier
    How much that combo cost ?

RC Qualifier
    I decided to make my rust bucket look a little more like a farm truck by adding some custom bed rails and bales of hay. All is easily removed when it comes time to race. I think its the fastest farm truck around on 3 cells.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    I decided to make my rust bucket look a little more like a farm truck by adding some custom bed rails and bales of hay. All is easily removed when it comes time to race. I think its the fastest farm truck around on 3 cells.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Looks really, really good. Like the added touch of the hay and wooden bed rails. I can just see the hay flying out in small pieces on 3s, just like what you see going down the highway, lol. Now you need a trailer to tow some livestock with.

I ended up getting that bt speaker you showed us awhile ago for my trail truck. It works great when out trailing. Thanks again for the idea. I am the only one out on the trail with tunes for his truck.
    Last edited by Hirschowl; 03-22-2014 at 09:12 AM.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Qualifier
    Thanks hirschowl. Interesting idea with the trailer and livestock. I would give those animals one heck of a ride. Glad you made out good with the tunes on your trail trucķ.

RC Qualifier
    @ Roscoep.... looking good man. Its just a old farm truck....that's from one of my favorite shows....street outlaws. Keep up the good work!!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Dude that is a rolling piece of art right there Love it.........peace

so i sent this to matt from mip support. he wrote that he had never seen this brakage before and will sent me new ones.
    That's awesome dude their customer service is just sick and hope you are up and running again soon.....peace
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 05:28 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    @ Roscoep.... looking good man. Its just a old farm truck....that's from one of my favorite shows....street outlaws. Keep up the good work!!
    You are right street outlaws is a great show. Here's a pic of my other sleeper truck body. Looks bad but its all motor. Thanks for all the compliments guys, it was alot of fun building it.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Both body shells are just mind blowing man as soon as my laptop is working I will show my new 1966 Ford f100 off to you guys so I can get some feedback because I think its my best spray job to date......peace

RC Qualifier
    Both body shells are just mind blowing man as soon as my laptop is working I will show my new 1966 Ford f100 off to you guys so I can get some feedback because I think its my best spray job to date......peace
    Looking forward to see that. I just pick up a raptor body at LHS. Will be painting outside this time when its warmer. Cant wait for both especially the latter...

RC Qualifier
    I too am looking forward to seeing what you and hirschowl have made. Hey spennie, are you posting now from an android tablet? If you are i can pm you how to get pics from it on here. I used to do it from my laptop too till i figured out how on my tablet.

RC Competitor
    Really nice combo you got there man. I love the idea of only black color motor/esc wiring. Should look sweet and add some serious power. Please post some pics of those black wires when you finish.
    I have all the black wire, and I was going to install it, but I got impatient and had to get this outside today! so the rainbow wires are still there, just with poly wire braid on them, It doesn't look too bad, but I think I still will put all black wires on it sometime, maybe during a rainy day...

No pics of the process, but here is a finished one

It really screams with only a 13t and 2s, I would be blown away by a higher pinion and 3s...oh and smooth as silk, no motor cog at low speed! Have to be easy on the throttle since it will flip if I mash the throttle

The motor/esc combo is about $160, which if you add up all the other stuff like the x-duty MIPS and other upgrades seems like a drop in the bucket! And more upgrades to come for sure! You can leave off the program box to save $25 or so, but hey the program box is really nice to have...

Took about 2 weeks to get to NY form China, the wait was definitely worth it! So much power!
    Last edited by affinityofmist; 03-22-2014 at 04:14 PM.

RC Qualifier
    @ affinityofmist...that looks great man. Its nice to see other brands besides castle being used. I bet that 13 tooth pinion is quick and yes on 3s lipo it would probably blow your mind lol. I finished up mine earlier and used the stock 11 tooth pinion. Tested it earlier and all is well. Here is a picture of mine. Oh ya rainy days are perfect for RC projects lol . Never mind my pic can't do on quick reply. Oh I like your fan on motor as well!!

RC Competitor
    I was going to go with castle, but spennie told me about this one, and since I really wanted sensored anyway its was really a choice between Tekin and this, but Tekin is way more expensive. The fan is just an old integy I wired into the receiver, with a short and long integy heatsink bolted together. It just fits and should give me some extra cooling if I ever need it.

Really happy I have it, definitely a good choice for those who are looking for a great sensored combo!
    Last edited by affinityofmist; 03-22-2014 at 04:36 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I have all the black wire, and I was going to install it, but I got impatient and had to get this outside today! so the rainbow wires are still there, just with poly wire braid on them, It doesn't look too bad, but I think I still will put all black wires on it sometime, maybe during a rainy day...

No pics of the process, but here is a finished one

It really screams with only a 13t and 2s, I would be blown away by a higher pinion and 3s...oh and smooth as silk, no motor cog at low speed! Have to be easy on the throttle since it will flip if I mash the throttle

The motor/esc combo is about $160, which if you add up all the other stuff like the x-duty MIPS and other upgrades seems like a drop in the bucket! And more upgrades to come for sure! You can leave off the program box to save $25 or so, but hey the program box is really nice to have...

Took about 2 weeks to get to NY form China, the wait was definitely worth it! So much power!

Nice man what website u get it at? Thanks !

Hi dude I am stoked that you are loving the combo and you wait until you try 3s and slightly higher gearing .....peace

RC Racer
    Today I fitted this body on my stampede, got it from an old cheap rc

RC Competitor
    Nice man what website u get it at? Thanks !
    funshobby, here is a link to the combo.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks! That's my choice when stock blows up !

Ran a 3s today for a few mins for the first time a lot more power than I'm use to. My cheap MIPS did fine !
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-23-2014 at 08:22 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Ran a 3s today for a few mins for the first time a lot more power than I'm use to. My cheap MIPS did fine !
    awesome man! 3s is mind blowing. You should see what 4s is like lol

RC Qualifier
    Very, very satisfied with MMP/3800 system I put in p4de this morning. Running 11/54 and 2s lipo. After 15 minutes of grass running with a bunch wide open runs the motor temp was 115deg! That's about 35 deg less than stock traxxas system. looks like the velinion system will go in the 2x4 stampede. Going to punish it some more tomorrow lol

RC Competitor
    I'm getting lots of good ideas reading this thread. Thanks for sharing, Gents (I know, it's difficult NOT to when you're so excited about new stuffins).

Got the rear RPM arms, and MIP X-Duty CVD's on the rear today. Put the front RPM arms and Slash bumper on the other day... Friday. It got delivered Friday :-)

Maybe I'll spend tomorrow fixing my two boys Telluride and Grave Digger.... in between runs of my p4de VXL, that is! ;-)

So stoked to be back in this hobby after almost 30 yrs!!
    Last edited by quinsdad; 03-22-2014 at 10:42 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Very, very satisfied with MMP/3800 system I put in p4de this morning. Running 11/54 and 2s lipo. After 15 minutes of grass running with a bunch wide open runs the motor temp was 115deg! That's about 35 deg less than stock traxxas system. looks like the velinion system will go in the 2x4 stampede. Going to punish it some more tomorrow lol
    Nice man I had that in my 2wd slash before I sold it, wheelies on 2s lol miss that combo

RC Qualifier
    Rc buddy let me have his castle fan !
    Because my brand new integy fan didn't work.

RC Qualifier
    Just pulled the trigger and bought the Hobbywing SC8 120a esc, CC 1415 2400kv motor and futaba rx for the p4de. Looking forward to giving it new life...

RC Qualifier
    Dang u just threw down a lot of money lol. Very nice tho

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast