RC Racer

TRX 3.3 problem on Revo. Won't start after teardown.

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum and returning to the RC hobby after about a 6 year break (I had a revo then also). Anyway, I had a perfectly tuned revo but did a complete teardown to install RPM true-tracks and a-arms. It was the first time I did a major teardown so I replaced all fluids and oils and cleaned everything. I took the ez-start off the engine and took the aluminum head off, the bell gear, and the crank case housing (not sure what it's called but it's the part under the ez start). I was very careful and inspected/cleaned everything and dropped some after run oil in it after. I went to start it after putting back together and it just kept turning over. I replaced the glow plug and it ran for a fraction of a second (like 1 crank). It did not look like fuel was going through the carburetor even when I held the exhaust covered. Fuel was actually spewing from the connection at the high speed needle. Now the engine is VERY tight with compression. I can't turn the flywheel by hand at all. I'm sure I flooded it but haven't had time yet to take the glow plug out and flip it upside down. I'll try that, but any other ideas? Did I put something back together wrong? I also re-set the high and low speed to factory settings so I could give that a try. I'll report back when I try the above.
    Last edited by Ridebonfire; 03-07-2014 at 01:13 PM.

If you had the piston out, are you sure you installed it in the proper direction? The cut out in the sleeve goes towards the carb. Remove the plug and crank it over a second or two to remove the excess after run oil or fuel. Reinstall the glow plug and try again.

RC Racer
    Did not get to the part of removing the piston or tough the carb. I'll try that and report back later today.

RC Racer
    Ok I figured it out....I saw smoke/gas spewing from what I thought was the HSN but it was really the header. When I took it off the Loctite must have gummed up one of the screws so there wasn't a proper seal and was not pressurizing to combust. That fixed it right up. I also put a 14t clutch on and it shredded my spur gear lol. Guess my slipper was too tight for that much torque!