AbSoLooT's Chick-Pede V2 Complete! & Music Video!

She's Done.....

Has been for a couple weeks, finally got a chance to document. Check this out however..... Complete with her own music video!

Stampede Music Video!

http://youtu.be/JllBZW4qZfQ

Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Couple Pics on how the body was painted....

Now.... Alittle about it.. Why is this is so, well... Girly? lol. This platform is for girlies to drive, and specifically this one is for my nieces. They are the operators of this body. I have another body I have to paint, for when I take this thing on a date.. Got a girly who can't wait. I will paint her a body that is much "adult" girly....

If you see, The tie-bar was painted to match the body. It was then covered with RC Tamiya Lacquer, and will not scratch off. Acts as a tough clear coat...

The XL5 Speed Control was modified in appearance. I DYED it, than added my own decals..

Electronics and wiring was cleaned up like I do. Wire Wrapping, and re-wiring to clean it all up.

The Motor is a Titan, debadged, than added some Integy Purple 5fin Heat sinks

Why Stock Tires? I have 2 sets of desperados, and mashers, and Glocs, and what not... I got these for a really good deal, and again are for my nieces. At this current time, they drive in BRUSHED, TRAINING mode.... So traction is not exactly important.... I like to have one of each thing also... But again, cost was the biggest thing. Got them super cheap.

The stars were suppose to be purple. I sprayed like 14 coats of translucent purple.. When I could finally see the purple, I backed it with silver, and it made the purple all go away... So silly....

As for why a brushed truck with so many upgrades? Well ... why not. And mostly, I don't want it to break. When my family is driving my trucks, it sucks when It breaks on them. Especially when they try and get as crazy as me. For that reason, the truck must be very strong. In some pics I have the stock bulkhead, but as you can see in others, I got the aluminum one. Carriers are RPM, and the truck itself is mostly all RPM. RPM Towers, RPM Body Posts, RPM Rod Ends, RPM shock guards, RPM Bumper Mount, only thing I Havent put on (yet) is RPM skid plates.. I will though... This is one super RPM'd out truck, that's for sure....

One more thing I got, to install, is a Proline Chassis Saver. They are no longer in production, but they help a TON. I found one at a local hobby store, and picked it right up. What I need to do is go back for the other one they had, while I have the chance. It's a shame they don't make them anymore. if I were you guys, Id guy them if I could.... They are no longer made, and getting really hard to find...

STRC is usually the way I go with a lot, but this truck its just the bulkhead, and castors in aluminum. Along with STRC hinge pins as well.

Battery Holder is custom made by me. . Also, I use my own "battery extension kit" The Traxxas one comes with 15mm posts. I use either 6 or 7.5 axial posts. That way I can still bring the body way down, while fitting 2S hardpacks, and 3S soft packs.

and of course.. Last but not least.... Lots of Racers Edge Purple Aluminum .. Bling Bling..... As in all my builds... This is my 4 fully decked out Stampede, and the 2nd Girl Truck I have done...

Any more questions.... let me know.... And oh.... I got another Girly Pede coming!

Nice to see it finished! Nice job, I really like the look of the dyed XL-5!
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Thanks bro. Make sure to check out the youtube vid!

RC Qualifier
    I'm sorry but, a girls pede? Really??? That takes the fun out of this... Lol JK, that is awesome. BTW, your. Nieces truck has more upgrades than mine!

Another great build.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4
    Stampede 4x4
    Stampede 2WD

RC Qualifier
    It's a cool p2de loot! I like the pink and black.

Always great to see your builds, I dint think pink would be nice but man that is very complimentary contrast.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Competitor
    Where do you get your wire wrap?

The front suspension brace looks like powder coated metal you did such a nice job on it.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    You even braided the rx antenna... Cool.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That NOS bottle gets me everytime Loot...more info on how you dyed the ESC???

RC Champion
    Loot you do have eye for detail and a knack for building some nice looking pedes.

Quote Originally Posted by rcnewbie1234 View Post
    I'm sorry but, a girls pede? Really??? That takes the fun out of this... Lol JK, that is awesome. BTW, your. Nieces truck has more upgrades than mine!
    Wel... When your on truck number like, 11.... Gotta do something different Plus, I take it on dates, and drive trucks with girls, and they love it. And my nieces of course.

Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Another great build.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    It's a cool p2de loot! I like the pink and black.
    Thanks D!

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Always great to see your builds, I dint think pink would be nice but man that is very complimentary contrast.
    Thanks man, I agree. I loved the way it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by patisnotageek View Post
    Where do you get your wire wrap?

The front suspension brace looks like powder coated metal you did such a nice job on it.
    I painted it with the same paint as the body, than sprayed Hobby lacquer coating. Paint is NOT pealing off... As for the wire wrapping. I got like 5 different types. I FINALLY found a good one, off a certain website, that is saved under my favorites under my main profile my computer wont let me back into, and its driving me NUTS! Il need some more soon, and I can't get into it, and I get asked that question near daily. But you can get it lots of different places....

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    You even braided the rx antenna... Cool.
    You know me....

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    That NOS bottle gets me everytime Loot...more info on how you dyed the ESC???
    Thanks G. I took off the decals with a heatgun, dyed it like any other part. Than placed my own decals, along with one of the original one. I was afraid it wouldn't work anymore, but it sure did

Quote Originally Posted by snowfighter View Post
    Loot you do have eye for detail and a knack for building some nice looking pedes.
    Thanks Snow. I just can't help it. Things out of wack, drive me nuts...

RC Enthusiast
    What exactly is the NOS bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Twostrokeking View Post
    What exactly is the NOS bottle?
    I would like to know what it is too?
    Monster Energy & F-150 Raptor, Teton, Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_summit757 View Post
    I would like to know what it is too?
    That and the hidden servo wires are textbook 'LooT!

I love your builds, LooT. Do you really let the kids drive it? It is so clean, almost makes me cringe to think about watching it get muddy!

Loots got some of the best builds.
    NOS bottle.

Slash 4x4
    Stampede 4x4
    Stampede 2WD

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Where is he?
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Where is he?
    I'd like to say he won't be coming back from what I understand.

PM me if you want to know about the NOS bottle.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol