RC Qualifier

MIP 17mm hex adaptor kit on my slash

So I just received my MIP 17mm hex adaptor kit (10115) I purchased for my slash 4x4 and noticed it came with 2 small little bushings. The MIP website calls them rear bearing crush spacers. Did any of you guys who used this kit actually put on the little spacers? When I did it pushed the 17mm adaptor farther out on my stub axle and gave it little room for the grub screw to tighten down on the stub axle. I'm wondering if they are really even necessary since they only come with two for the rear and I didn't use them on the front. Thanks!
    Platinum Slash 4x4 LCG
    Mini Summit
    Nitro Sport

RC Champion
    It is recommended to use this crush washer as it helps support the load placed on the outer bearing once you tighten the wheel nut.

I'm not sure if you noticed the design of the adapter, but once you tighten down the wheel nut on the axle spindle, it makes the 17mm adapter itself act like a press against the outer bearing. The only other thing you can do is just not tighten down on the wheel nut, and use lot of loctite, but that ain't right

Check you bearings are seated properly. I was running the MIP adapters with the crush washers and I was still going through outer bearings. Turns out my Golden Horizons rear bearing holders were slightly out of spec not allowing the bearings to contact each other with the crush washer between them. I swapped out to STRC rear bearing carriers and the MIPS seem fine now.

I swapped out to STRC rear bearing carriers and the MIPS seem fine now.
    This is good to hear ViperZ, I recall you having an issue when I bought mine and I've yet to install them but sounds like I no longer have to be concerned.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    Nope Just pay special attention to the seating of the bearings and that the crush washer is in fact in contact with both bearings to prevent the side load.

RC Qualifier
    So where exactly does the crush washer go? Between the two rear bearings or on the outside of them? Thanks
    Platinum Slash 4x4 LCG
    Mini Summit
    Nitro Sport

RC Champion
    Inside, between the 2 rear bearings... Slide it on the axle before you insert the outer bearing on top.

RC Qualifier
    ok great, thanks!
    Platinum Slash 4x4 LCG
    Mini Summit
    Nitro Sport

RC Enthusiast
    Oh yeah, you better be careful and make sure everything fits right with those mip parts, specifically making sure that black spacer is in them middle between the bearings. I know from experience and was not a happy camper

RC Racer
    can i bump this sorry to bring back and old topic but dont want to start a new one, i have the mip cvds axles and also have the mip 17mm hex adapters, and my rear cvds set came with that little black crush spacer for the rear only now it came with one in the hex kit am i supposed to use both in the rear between the bearings? so 2 crush spacers in the rear?

RC Champion
    I have crush spacers in both front and rear, but if you only have 2 use them in the rear, one each side.

RC Racer
    Well I have 4 total crush spacers 2 that came in the rear cvd kit and 2 that came with the mip 17mm hex adapter kit and both instructions say not for use on the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    I have crush spacers in both front and rear, but if you only have 2 use them in the rear, one each side.

RC Champion
    They are not required for the front, But I have them in place anyway. It's the back that really needs them.

RC Racer
    Well I have 4 total crush spacers 2 that came in the rear cvd kit and 2 that came with the mip 17mm hex adapter kit and both instructions say not for use on the front.

RC Racer
    Ok well looks like I'll be putting the spare two in the front thanks..