RC poster

A taste of , and Hello

Hello thought I would post here after purchasing my Alias and getting a little taste.I purchased the Snap-on edition from my rep. Got like 3 indoor runs , which I was enjoying , got outside and starting doing some Exp1 easy tricks worked fine. Took the daughter
    outside to enjoy Round two and RR prop wouldnt spin. Did some reading and have read all about the v1 (ill call it) motor problems waiting till monday morning to call it in with traxxis.

Untill then Im currently 3d printing some mods , extended landing gear. Quick disconnect mounting fixtures for a hook , camera and others.

Looking forward to getting the Alias back up in the air. And also any other mods and ideas anyone have I would like to see or read about.

Heres a Picture of the current state sitting a little quick stand untill the print gets finished.

Thanks
    Last edited by Metalbrick; 04-06-2014 at 06:01 PM.

RC poster
    Well I called Traxxas today , and they will be shipping me 1 motor replacement. Says the design change is only in the can. I was hoping to get all 4 replacements , I figure they will began the domino effect.

RC poster
    Oh and here's a picture of the 3d printed stand I made.

RC poster
    Well I decided to dissemble the bad motor and found out that some of the brush contacts were missing on one side ,found one just sitting there. appears to be 4 contact points on each side maybe wrong might just be 3 ,I pulled one broken piece out. Ill see if I can get some pictures close up , seems like a problem when they assembled them , that some contacts were not aligned properlly and bent/broke the brush contacts , causing an unbalanced of power evenly along the fields and a burn out. I did notice from the start that one prop didnt start turning equal to the others pretty sure its the same motor that failed early.

RC poster
    Well couldnt wait , ordered me a replacement cc motor from Hays Hobby shop(no holes in can). Shipped fast and free. Got it installed charge the battery packs. Hovered around inside then took it outside, after about 4 mins motor fail the other counterclockwise which as I thought domino effect. Little upset that was the point I was trying to make with the Traxxis rep , was I dont think one motor was going to do. And I would have more downtime with the alias that Ive owned for 2 weeks now , 4 of those days it ran. Got 4 replacements coming from Micro-Motor warehouse shipped out today. But I do feel like the $225.00 quad should have ran alot longer that the 30-40 mins it did and should get 4 replacements motors from Traxxis.

On the other note what time it did run was a blast and cant wait to get it solid.

RC Racer
    Part of the problem is you're coming in late to the game. Traxxas was very liberal with their motor replacement policy up until recently. Many people seemed to have no problems getting a set of four. But I guess Traxxas gave away so many motors they must have decided to tighten up on the policy.

Since it is possible that closing up the holes is the main "upgrade", you can always tape up the holes on your existing motors. Some people reported finding taped up motors on their quads from Traxxas.