RC Enthusiast

Proline 2.8 Trenchers for Stampede on Telluride

I will be using the Telluride for trails and some bashing. I have upgraded to brushless motor and slipper clutch. I have seen a few people put these wheels and tires on and I am wondering if they are a direct bolt on or if suspension mods are needed? How do you like them? Do they affect steering at all? Did you change your gearing and if so how much. Do I need different offset for the front and back.

I was also considering the Proline 2.2 Trencher but I was not sure if I would see much benefit from that tire compared to stock. Any opinions?

RC Qualifier

Had these on my telly, they did rub the body a tiny bit, when suspension was compressed. Steering is definately a little slower, i'd pick up a trx 2075 servo from the pede.

RC Enthusiast
    The 2.2 Trenchers are a big improvement over the stock tires. I just upgraded mine last week and they are great all round tire.

RC poster
    Great choice

RC Enthusiast
    Waiting for my 2.2 Badlands to arrive.

RC Qualifier
    Remember if you get them you will need to get two sets of backs or two sets of fronts because if u get back and fronts the fronts will stick out. I suggest getting fronts to widen the truck.

Edit: they will also rub against the body a lot when the suspension is compressed so you will have to cut the fenders or raise the body.
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Enthusiast
    I just put the 2.2 Badlands on an now I am getting a clicking sound at times. I am running a Velineon with 12 tooth pinion and a slipper clutch. Is that the gear skipping now that I have more traction? It does it randomly on launch and landings, backing up. I run the slipper pretty tight. Should I back it off some? How much?

RC Qualifier
    That's probably the center drive shaft. Since its plastic it will skip if you put to much power through it. If you get an aluminum one this won't happen. Try not to skip it too much or you will strip it.

On my bone stock telly it does it on pavement only so your new tires probably are giving you more traction to skip the drive shaft.
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Enthusiast
    Ok , thanks. Never thought of that one. I guess I'll just run it for now.

RC poster
    I put stampede wheels on my telly and the original high stall clutch kept backing out. When i put the stock tires backk on its fine not sure why yet but plan to upgrade the clutch

Proline makes 2.2" trenchers for the slash and other vehicles and since the telluride uses slash tires, they shouldn't rub or anything.

RC Enthusiast
    I have the 2.2/3 pro line trenchers on my telly and they don't rub at all. They work pretty good :-)

RC Racer
    im running the 2.8 trenchers and the new f11 wheels with slash arms and it handles great
    it wheelies all over the place now with the castle creations brushless and the stampede slipper

RC Enthusiast
    Here's mine with 2.8 trenchers and pede long arm conversion :-)
    [IMG][/IMG]