RC Qualifier

A car ran over my Alias, oh well time for repairs :-)

After 3 months flying my luck ran out.

3 days ago it caught in a tree but I threw a softball and it fell back to earth Yesterday it flow over a fence and I used a tree branch to reel it back Today flying outside my apartment I was spinning it around and the wind caught it and took it 10 o'clock heading, over 100 ft up and away, over a 4 lane road and houses across the street I stayed CALM, nosed out, and slowly reel it back in. My right stick was 100% yanked lol. Feeling confident I continued flying but stayed low. The wind took it again, it banked unexpectedly, I didn't have enough space to level out. It fell just as a car was approaching... CRUNCHED!!!!

Broken: main frame, 4 blades, 3 bent shafts, 6 bearings jammed, and cracked canopy. Repair bill: $30

The motors and lipo still work but wont know if its air worthy until it's fixed. Alias is my first air RC, I feel fortunately it's only $30 lesson, I hope

Traxxas Marshal
    That's not too bad of a repair bill for it being ran over by a car! Hope you get it back up in the air soon!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    Thanks.

Yep the lesson I learned is simple...

Never push your luck with Mother Nature, SHE ALWAYS WINS!!!

RC Qualifier
    Too bad it wasn't a bike, they dont seem to mind getting run over by them LOL
    Stampede Vxl Aton Summit

RC Qualifier
    that is one of the things that makes this quad so attractive... except for the motors, everything else is very inexpensive to replace when needed. glad to hear that you got off so cheap and no one got hurt .

I finally cracked one arm on my orange Alias with the V959 motors. got straight over my head doing CC funnels and lost orientation. I piled drived it straight in to the grass directly on the front left arm also breaking the lens in half. it was just a small crack, and I glued it, but just decided to put on my back up frame and not take the chance. the 959 motor in that arm spins down much faster then the other three, which I expected, but oddly... it runs with just as much power as it did before. six flights later and going strong .

hopefully... your motors will be fine .
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi single View Post
    After 3 months flying my luck ran out.

3 days ago it caught in a tree but I threw a softball and it fell back to earth Yesterday it flow over a fence and I used a tree branch to reel it back Today flying outside my apartment I was spinning it around and the wind caught it and took it 10 o'clock heading, over 100 ft up and away, over a 4 lane road and houses across the street I stayed CALM, nosed out, and slowly reel it back in. My right stick was 100% yanked lol. Feeling confident I continued flying but stayed low. The wind took it again, it banked unexpectedly, I didn't have enough space to level out. It fell just as a car was approaching... CRUNCHED!!!!

Broken: main frame, 4 blades, 3 bent shafts, 6 bearings jammed, and cracked canopy. Repair bill: $30

The motors and lipo still work but wont know if its air worthy until it's fixed. Alias is my first air RC, I feel fortunately it's only $30 lesson, I hope
    Did you take any pics of the damage...? If so can we see them...?
    115 mph Heavily Moddified Slash 4x4 on 6s

RC Qualifier

One motor has a tiny dent. Board and motors still work as far as I know. I'll need to put the motors into a new frame to be sure. Three of four shafts are bent like 90 degrees I can't get the bearings out.

I love flying this thing, this is what I get for wanting to fly every chance I get

Traxxas Employee
    Impressive damage. Sorry it happened.

RC poster
    Only $30.00 for repairs?? Consider your self lucky. I've had my Alias since 2/4/14, and have yet to fly it. My first attempt ended when a piece of plastic was caught in one prop; burned up motor. My second attempt; straight up and whoosh, all gone. I found it 100-125 yards into my neighbors lot in the direction of the wind. She took off pretty dang fast, and I was impressed with the power.

I actually have two Alias', the first one is on its way to Traxxas. $17.00 just for shipping.

I sent all the motors I had, eight, and just got the new motors I'd ordered from RC Planet, and nothing I can do will get it to fly. All the motors go round, but it pulls very badly, and it just flips it. I've reset everything multiple times to no avail. When I get the first one back, I'll send the second one back for service too.

I guess I can use it for a personal fan on hot days....

Not real sure the Alias quad is going to be a lot of fun. Very aggravating so far.

Gary
    Last edited by Hiigel; 04-10-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiigel View Post
    Not real sure the Alias quad is going to be a lot of fun. Very aggravating so far.

Gary
    Give it a chance. Both of my Aliases (Aliai?) are extremely enjoyable. The fun per dollar is more than most "toys" I own.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Hmmm sounds earily familiar. 2 days ago I swapped out all 4 of my motors thanks to my LHS and Traxxas. I spent over 45 minutes on tech support. Make sure the freakin rotors are one right! A to A and B to B. Mine did exactly what he described because I swapped the location of the props.

Garry

RC Qualifier
    Rebuild commencing... but I don't have the shafts (TRA6633). No one has it in stock locally so I have to wait until mid April .

RC Racer
    If you don't want to wait that long just throw TRA6633 into Google, Ebay search, and Amazon search and make your choice.