RC Competitor

Ma Nature ain't done yet

'Bout a week ago I had a blast flying my Alias outside. However, ol' Ma Nature threw us a curveball with rain and snow the past couple of days. I charged up the batteries for and flew my QR-1 indoors for fun, and it was FUN.

RC Qualifier
    Which one do you find is easier to fly? Or more specifically which one took the least amount of time to be comfortable with?

I have a QR-1, don't have an Alias....yet!

RC Competitor
    I suppose it's easier to fly my Alias simply because of its size and lights . . . it's much easier to see.

As for reaction to control inputs . . . hmmm. That's a harder one to answer. I think that the QR-1 is slightly more difficult to fly, even at the easiest 'power up' control settings. Looking back, it seems that it is more responsive to the four control inputs (pitch, roll, yaw, and thrust) than the Alias. THAT, I believe, is a function of how the two systems are programmed.

I've found that once I got used to flying my QR-1, it's great for indoor flying in the confined spaces of my home, and it pretty much prepared me for flying my Alias outdoors where I have lots more space.

By all means, if you have the option, get an Alias. That way, you'll have the best of both worlds . . . flying indoors and outdoors.