Thread: Nice!!

RC Qualifier

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Good find! Ordered and on their way!
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer
    Cool! Butnow that my rear diff isn't acting like a spool anymore, I opened the diff and not snapping shafts

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm still waiting to snap a plastic driveshaft lol I'm running stock gearing with the Gens Ace 3s and it's perfect imo...it's actually controllable. I'm pretty sure if I were to install this 15tooth pinion gear I have then i'll need the aluminum driveshafts asap. still going to keep these on my watch list.
    Last edited by G-Rustler; 04-18-2014 at 07:11 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I just ordered 4 sets!
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

RC Racer
    I geared up a little with 60/14 I think it is. Teton spur rally pinion. I ordered two x2 shaft sets. I'm going to try and snap the plastic ones in grass. Wheelie time!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    19 sold... 7 left... There were only 4 sold when I ordered. Get them NOW!

RC Racer
    Mine should be coming today teehee. And I'd like to throw in that Traxxas has awesome customer service. They are sending me a new diff because I called them about my clicking diff! I love Traxxas and should not have bought a dromida. Their customer service said they weren't aware of a problem like mine (the gear ratio on the dromida was 45/15, a 3 ratio between the spur and pinion, motor that is weak and brushed pushing a chassis with a lot of bind in the drive train). I am really itching to buy the rally now.

RC Racer
    Bash them as hard as I could, so far so good.

RC Qualifier
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Just got mine!!

RC Racer
    You guys beat me to it!!! My screws were too long and woundn't screw in all the way, causing them to wobble without washers. Well, I had no washers so I dremel the end of it, did you guys notice that too?

I put the stock chassis back in because I didn't want to ruin my cf chassis more than I had.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-23-2014 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Language

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jackislost View Post
    You guys beat me to it!!! My screws were too long and woundn't screw in all the way, causing them to wobble without washers. Well, I had no washers so I dremel the end of it, did you guys notice that too?

I put the stock chassis back in because I didn't want to ruin my cf chassis more than I had.
    Yeah I noticed that but I tightened the them cause I couldn't contain my excitement. Hahaha

Seems like the diff will be the next weakest link but time will tell.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-23-2014 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Language

RC Qualifier
    I haven't put mine on yet...couldn't you use the stock screws? And the out drives on the diffs will be the next parts that will fail. I broke them with stock shafts

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinzer View Post
    Yeah I noticed that but I tightened the pi$$ out of them cause I couldn't contain my excitement. Hahaha

Seems like the diff will be the next weakest link but time will tell.
    You are one brave soul. I was worried the steel threads will strip the aluminum axle. When I tighten my bolt up I could see there were no more threads in the aluminum axels because the steel screws were all narrowing and getting damaged a little at the end. But there wasn't a significant amount of space, just enough that I got worried

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxin View Post
    I haven't put mine on yet...couldn't you use the stock screws? And the out drives on the diffs will be the next parts that will fail. I broke them with stock shafts
    The stock screws are the same as the new ones upon my eye inspection. Which is why I wasn't so worried trimming the new ones

RC Racer
    I know the rally screws were shorter for the aluminum cvds. I'd also be worried that the screws would contact the bone if it's tapped all the way through.

got mine 8)

RC Qualifier
    Ran mine today on 2s (with dual setup)..broke the one rear diff out drive cup and one front one. Hammered it one time going about 20 and it launched back onto its hood, flipped her over and they were broken. Now we need stronger diff cups

RC Racer
    Ran mine today on 2s (with dual setup)..broke the one rear diff out drive cup and one front one. Hammered it one time going about 20 and it launched back onto its hood, flipped her over and they were broken. Now we need stronger diff cups
    Holy cow! I hope buying just one diff can replace both of your out drives, or did you break two short or two longer sides?

Now we need stronger diff cups
    Or a slipper... Wonder if the aftermarket has the guts to produce one?

Not having a slipper holds this truck back so much.

RC Racer
    Hahaha, I have been wondering how the dual brushless machine would fair. Awesome! Slipper clutch retrofit possible?????

RC Qualifier
    [IMG][/IMG] the left rear and left front broke. So one diff should fix it. Haven't taken it apart yet. Prolly just gonna run with one motor till I can get somin that will hold up.
    A slipper would be nice. But I don't have the skill or patience to make one haha
    Last edited by duramaxin; 04-23-2014 at 10:24 AM.

RC Racer
    I have broke a couple like that before I had the aluminum drive shafts. I noticed that the plastic ring that slips over the cup had a crack running down it and opened up.

RC poster
    And what if you just replace the plastic rings by steel ones...

RC Racer
    I'm wondering if just metal would be enough. K&S tubing comes in a wide variety of sizes and is usually at most hobby shops and hardware stores.

Do the aluminum shafts fit well in the out drive ring? The ones on the rally seemed like the pins were too long.

I've snapped a few, also just on the left side

RC Racer
    Do I get a prize for breaking the first one? Hahaha

RC Racer
    Was it you that tightened the screw in their driveshaft really hard? Does the hole to mount the wheel go all the way through? GPM messaged me and said they are making driveshafts too.