Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

2.8 Trenchers on 3.2 Revolvers

RC Qualifier
    I'm not usually a fan of chrome but both of those trucks look good with it .

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    2.8 g-locs on revolvers.
    Do you have longer a-arms or is that the wheel offset making it look so wide?
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Stock arms, the offset of the wheels is what's making it a little wider along with the 17mm adapters.

RC Competitor
    I use cheap buggy wheels on 17mm tekno hex

RC Qualifier
    Someone one posted something about the size of the 2.8 rim vs the 3.2 rim using the same tires. Got my wondering if it was any taller because sometimes it looks like it is. According to my measurements they are the same. The sidewall is just thinner and in my eyes more modern looking (as that's the trend). Of course true off roaders like a fat sidewall but here at worst we crack a $5 wheel .

Revolver

Desperato

and some 3.2 eye candy (this is on a Slash MT so on a pede they'd look bigger)

Here's my comparison pic.
    Gloc/revolver, f-11/swamper, and revolver/ swamper.

Glocs and swamper revolver combo.

Same combo as above.

RC poster
    looking to buy a p4de soon what tires are better the trenchers or mashers ( will be used for snow,grass,road )

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    They are just as good as the trenchers if not better. I run both
    Is that the Proline Bulldog body? I like it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    Is that the Proline Bulldog body? I like it.
    Yes it is. It was a great body took a beating. It did start to tear in the back I also had to do the shoogoo dry wall tape on it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sof4ncy View Post
    looking to buy a p4de soon what tires are better the trenchers or mashers ( will be used for snow,grass,road )
    I'd say trenchers fro grass and road but mashers for snow. Actually, you might want to pony up and get a set Sand Paws for the snow - at least the rears. Night and day difference in the snow.

RC Qualifier
    Here's my comparison pic.
    Gloc/revolver, f-11/swamper, and revolver/ swamper.

See, yours look bigger on the 3.2. Is that illusion or are they actually taller? Same tire right?

Mostly illusion, they are very slightly taller, but the f-11 with swampers is slightly shorter and wider. Here's a better pic of just those two. Left is f-11/swamper, right is swamper/revolver.

RC Qualifier
    Mostly illusion, they are very slightly taller, but the f-11 with swampers is slightly shorter and wider. Here's a better pic of just those two. Left is f-11/swamper, right is swamper/revolver.
    Cool, thanks. Photos can be so deceptive sometimes.

Indeed they can be tricky sometimes lol.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sof4ncy View Post
    I have trenchers on mine and like them, just built a,set of tire chains for snow running and it's a whole new beast.

RC Racer
    Very cool, how'd you make them?

Also in general, I see almost no one running Duratrax tires. Am I missing something? I have Lockup MT's and besides the crazy ballooning I think they're great, they're super grippy. No?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CounterTrey View Post

Also in general, I see almost no one running Duratrax tires. Am I missing something? I have Lockup MT's and besides the crazy ballooning I think they're great, they're super grippy. No?
    Check my other thread "tire chains" there are some pics and a quick description on making them... they work so good... I run trenchers I used my stock pede tires cus I want to be able to just bolt on and go. Didn't want to be taking chains on and off.... not hard to do but I like to bolt it up and go. Of you need more help let me know I will do what I can to get you started... https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9053430
    Last edited by Drty420; 01-26-2016 at 10:15 AM.

These?: They are very grippy!

RC Qualifier
    I've gone the chain route too, but no longer. I'm not sure what you're running but mine on a 3400KV and 3s didn't hold up. For the snow I find the Sand Paws by far the best tire, hands down. On the ice, I think the chains may be of use, but I'm rarely just on ice or really packed snow.

For me, and my trigger happy, snow throwing, fishtailing/drifting, bashing style the chains never made it through one pack! I got tired of carrying pliers with me to fix them every run out. Of course I do like to see snow and ice fly! I'm sure if I was a little less aggressive they would have held up fine. YMMV.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Drty420 View Post
    Check my other thread "tire chains" there are some pics and a quick description on making them... they work so good... I run trenchers I used my stock pede tires cus I want to be able to just bolt on and go. Didn't want to be taking chains on and off.... not hard to do but I like to bolt it up and go. Of you need more help let me know I will do what I can to get you started... https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9053430
    Thanks I checked it out, and think I'm gonna give a shot myself. None on the ground now but we tend to get a decent amount of snow throughout the winter here in Columbus and get a bunch of snow bashing chances.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    These?: They are very grippy!
    I got a set of lockups but they are very similar and yes super grippy. Just wondered why no one seemed to be running them, or not many. Trenchers seem to be all the rage, are they a significant upgrade over these?

I got a set of lockups but they are very similar and yes super grippy. Just wondered why no one seemed to be running them, or not many. Trenchers seem to be all the rage, are they a significant upgrade over these?
    Idk, I mostly run my stock wheels and tires.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by IPT View Post
    I've gone the chain route too, but no longer. I'm not sure what you're running but mine on a 3400KV and 3s didn't hold up. For the snow I find the Sand Paws by far the best tire, hands down. On the ice, I think the chains may be of use, but I'm rarely just on ice or really packed snow.

For me, and my trigger happy, snow throwing, fishtailing/drifting, bashing style the chains never made it through one pack! I got tired of carrying pliers with me to fix them every run out. Of course I do like to see snow and ice fly! I'm sure if I was a little less aggressive they would have held up fine. YMMV.
    I wanted something cheap... I've been eyeing paddles but 80 bux for 4 mounted vs 4 bux for chains and I have enough leftover for about 4 more tires so it works for now... wondering how it's gonna be on bearings... also only running 2s with 15 /54 gearing. I am also trigger happy but haven't had problems with breaking chains just axles lol time to invest in some mip xdutys I suppose... will be running 3s when I get my xmaxx.... see what happens then I guess....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Drty420 View Post
    I am also trigger happy but haven't had problems with breaking chains just axles lol time to invest in some mip xdutys I suppose... will be running 3s when I get my xmaxx.... see what happens then I guess....
    a lot fun probably...but bring pliers and some spare links . Most of times I busted mine were on pavement going from one grassy area to another. If you stay in the soft areas you might be okay.

RC poster
    I'll get in on this with a rig I'm putting together from spare parts for my niece, nephews & I to bash on. 2.8 JConcepts Subcultures on Rulux rims with the closed cell inserts to help the ballooning effect.

RC poster
    Now what I really want to put on later hehehehehehe yeah baby!

RC Qualifier
    WhAt?? that would be insane! Reminds me of Bigfoot #?? back in the day .

WhAt?? that would be insane! Reminds me of Bigfoot #?? back in the day .

Want me to run over and get some really good close ups of it? Its only like 15 minutes from my house lol. Now that would be really cool if we could actually get that look on our trucks!!! It would go anywhere!

Imagine G-Pedes 100mph pass with wheels on it like that!!!
    Last edited by Briber; 02-09-2016 at 01:56 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Want me to run over and get some really good close ups of it? Its only like 15 minutes from my house lol.
    Do they even still have that one? Seems like the new ones are all tube chassis with fiberglass shells and setup for racing a jumping.

Do they even still have that one? Seems like the new ones are all tube chassis with fiberglass shells and setup for racing a jumping.
    I do believe so yes, its the display one in front of building not used for anything other than show. Its been a while but I'm pretty sure. It def wasn't a tube chassis truck last time I was there but not sure if it was that exact truck.

Newest wheel combo for my p4de, 2.8 masher on 3.3 ofnas dyed black and running the protrac kit.
    Also polished my mip axles for a little bit of eye candy.

Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

2.8 badlands on 3.2 ofna dominator wheels.

Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

RC Qualifier
    Whoa, that thing is W I D E ! I do like those wheels though. Did you dye them?

Whoa, that thing is W I D E ! I do like those wheels though. Did you dye them?
    Lol yes it's extremely wide, I'm running a pro trac kit, HR 10mm offset adapters, and since these ofnas have zero offset well it makes for a wide combination. Yes I did dye them, they were grey but I didn't like grey so I dyed em black.

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    I'm with stillsmoking, except I'm using SCT slash sized 2.2 / 3.0 t865 Panther Inc Sand Paddles.

running a stampede aka 4x4 rustler hehe
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Qualifier
    Yes I did dye them, they were grey but I didn't like grey so I dyed em black.
    Black is good for these Ofna wheels - I just took mine a tad further .

Dude I'm sending my wheels too you right now lol

Nice job, that is to sick!!!! I thought my chrome ones were gonna look good, that is over the top man, excellent job!

Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Last edited by Briber; 05-01-2016 at 10:52 PM.

RC Racer
    Here is my little basher set up as of now. F11 wheels with Proline Shockwave tires

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast