Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC poster
    Awesome information guys! Thank you! He just put on some ProLine Super Swamper interco tsl tires. Huge improvement!! He got stuck much less and we were in deeper snow.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tekyguy View Post
    Awesome information guys! Thank you! He just put on some ProLine Super Swamper interco tsl tires. Huge improvement!! He got stuck much less and we were in deeper snow.
    Pictures?

RC poster
    Here you go!

And here it is in action:

http://youtu.be/wZQbpOUhV3M

Mostly my Summit but the Pede makes a few appearances.

RC Qualifier
    I'm looking for a scale-ish look on my son's Pede. Will the Monster Jam wheels fit a 4x4 (I'm guessing I need four rear wheels)? Are there any other ideas? I like the RPM:s (2.2) but I'm kinda lazy and I'm hoping for pre-monted, great looking, scale-ish wheels.

I also like some of the 2.2 bead locks out there, but how do I know if they are wide enough for true V-thread monster tyres?

I hope you have patience with me being a noob

RC Qualifier
    Just a heads up. Pro line is developing the blue closed cell foam for the 3.8 tires. Just not sure of actual release date. Made a phone call yesterday.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsjo View Post
    I'm looking for a scale-ish look on my son's Pede. Will the Monster Jam wheels fit a 4x4 (I'm guessing I need four rear wheels)? Are there any other ideas? I like the RPM:s (2.2) but I'm kinda lazy and I'm hoping for pre-monted, great looking, scale-ish wheels.

I also like some of the 2.2 bead locks out there, but how do I know if they are wide enough for true V-thread monster tyres?

I hope you have patience with me being a noob
    You actually need 4 front wheels. The fronts of a 2wd electric has an offset where as the rear doesn't. So getting the fronts it'll push the wheels out about 1/2".

RC Qualifier
    Thanks a lot

RC Enthusiast
    how do the rings attach to the wheels ? do they really help hold the tires from sliping ? just ordered the pro line super scampers with the close foam inserts on the 2.8 rim with the17mm hub. dropped my pinion gear to 15 tooth so I all the help I can get

RC Qualifier
    Quick shot of Sand Paws on the Ofna MT3 splits. Tires on the left have the bead cutoff and on the right are with the stock Traxxas bead.

The cut ones look sick imo...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by IPT View Post
    Quick shot of Sand Paws on the Ofna MT3 splits. Tires on the left have the bead cutoff and on the right are with the stock Traxxas bead.

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    The cut ones look sick imo...peace
    Yup, running the same setup (cut sand paws on black dyed MT3 splits) and they absolutely rock!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by degake View Post
    Yup, running the same setup (cut sand paws on black dyed MT3 splits) and they absolutely rock!!

Pictures? Let's see them .

Yeah pictures would be awesome bro....peace

RC Qualifier
    This is a great thread! Just got my VXL 4x4 today. While I like the way I look, I've never been a big fan of the talons. Had them on my rusty VXL and getting a wheelie out of them in the street was like pulling teeth. The slip and tend to burn out too much. I was actually considering getting a set of the chevrons that come on the brushed pedes for my VXL. Granted it's a bigger truck, but they've lasted forever and handle pavement and grass pretty well on my 3905 e-maxx.

RC Racer
    Here is my stampede with custom painted Traxxas wheels and mounted on proline trenches

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TRX T MAXX View Post
    Here is my stampede with custom painted Traxxas wheels and mounted on proline trenches
    Nice work - how did you paint them?

RC Racer
    I sanded them down and spray painted them black then I used a paint pen to do the red

RC Qualifier
    Here's a question for you guys. About going from stock talens to something like a trencher. I noticed the trenchers have a slightly bigger diameter by roughly a quarter inch. Since the difference in dimension is so minor, are there really any concerns about extra strain on the motor, esc, and drivetrain? I ask because when I originally got my rusty VXL, I saw people putting 2.8 talons on them, but was warned to watch for heat and stress issues more closely because of the increased size and mass.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by shreder75 View Post
    here's a question for you guys. About going from stock talens to something like a trencher. I noticed the trenchers have a slightly bigger diameter by roughly a quarter inch. Since the difference in dimension is so minor, are there really any concerns about extra strain on the motor, esc, and drivetrain? I ask because when i originally got my rusty vxl, i saw people putting 2.8 talons on them, but was warned to watch for heat and stress issues more closely because of the increased size and mass.

1/4" is negligible

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    1/4" is negligible
    That's what I figured. Never hurts to be sure, right? Thanks for the 411!

RC Enthusiast
    A few more pics of my Stampede with Trenchers...

Last edited by cyclo; 02-14-2015 at 04:35 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    ^^^ that's sick I just got the led lights too

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclo View Post
    A few more pics of my Stampede with Trenchers...

nice, very nice!
    Slash 2WD, Slash 4WD, T-Rex 250
    It's only money!

Bro sick action shots you must have a sweet camera...peace

RC Enthusiast
    Glad you like the pics guys! Photography is another hobby/interest of mine and my wife so taking pics of RC truck is kind of a hobby within a hobby. The Stampede is a great subject to learn and practice action photography on. Before I derail this thread, a few more pics of the Trenchers on the Stampede in action...

Last edited by cyclo; 02-15-2015 at 01:56 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Cyco we seem to have a lot in common .

Classic setup with Desperatos. Mashers up front and with Sandpaws in the rear for winter duty.

Sandpaws are just such a sick looking tire .

Last edited by IPT; 02-15-2015 at 02:47 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Ofna MT3 splits dyed black with 2.8 Mashers. Be prepared to be wide because these have zero offset.

RC Enthusiast
    Nice pics IPT! What camera and lens are you using for those pics? BTW I need to try those Sandpaws one of these days the Trenchers are good and much better than stock but I still get stuck once in a while.

RC Qualifier
    Great action shots! My trenchers and body lowering kit will be coming this week. Can't wait to see the difference in performance of the trenchers over the stock talons.

Quote Originally Posted by shreder75 View Post
    Great action shots! My trenchers and body lowering kit will be coming this week. Can't wait to see the difference in performance of the trenchers over the stock talons.
    Get ready for the extra traction dude and you may have to loosen the slipper or you will break drive shafts like twigs lol....peace

RC Enthusiast

How did you get the lights red like that?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Siikap2 View Post
    How did you get the lights red like that?
    They are high visibility tape that I cut. The tapes come in various colors and I just got them from the local hobby shop.

RC Enthusiast
    They are high visibility tape that I cut. The tapes come in various colors and I just got them from the local hobby shop.
    Thank you looks good.

RC Competitor
    Does the extra with help with stability? Seems like it should but wanted to ask.

RC Enthusiast
    I think stability (with the Trenchers) is mostly the same compared to the stock wheels. However I thought the Trenchers went over frozen ground and snow better... Also had better traction in snow.

RC Qualifier
    My Trenchers came today! And don't you know they sent me two different sets? The 117012 for the front, and the 117013 for the rear, which would be fine for a regular pede, but not the 4x4 because it uses the same offset on all four corners. Sigh =) So, the ones sent in error are packed up and ready for the UPS person to pick up and send back to Amazon. New and CORRECT set have been ordered for the rear. In the meantime, they look pretty cool on the fronts.

RC Qualifier
    Bummer shredder.

Ryan I think a wheel like the Ofna MT3 split might help with stability since it has zero offset. That means it pushes the wheels out further and makes the over track wider. I can't attest to this but that's what I would think.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Get ready for the extra traction dude and you may have to loosen the slipper or you will break drive shafts like twigs lol....peace
    Good point! Hadn't thought about that ... heheh. I'll keep an real close eye on it once the rears come ... and when it's not one degree outside! It's been so cold even my dog doesn't want any part of the great outdoors right now

RC Competitor
    Bummer shredder.

Ryan I think a wheel like the Ofna MT3 split might help with stability since it has zero offset. That means it pushes the wheels out further and makes the over track wider. I can't attest to this but that's what I would think.
    Seems to make sense, I just wondered if in reality this worked, I was also thinking this might be harder on bearings. I would like to hear any feedback on this. Thanks!

RC Racer
    Ofna MT3 splits dyed black with 2.8 Mashers. Be prepared to be wide because these have zero offset.

The splits are 3.2" correct?
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast