Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    I am building a monster slash and I would really like some bigger tires. I'm thinking about the f11 wheels. I really like the duratrax tires, but they only seem to be available pre-mounted on 12mm hex wheels. So my plan is to buy a set of the duratrax pre-mounts, throw them in the oven, peel then apart, tape them, and mount them on the f11's. Does anyone know if this will work? Do the duratrax tires have traxxas style bead? Maybe I could put the duratrax tires on the 3.2 revolvers? If not I'll probably get the swampers but I'm going for function over form.

Also, where can I get the ofna mt3? I would like to put them on my wife's p4de to widen it up some. Are the mt3's and revolver stablemaxx's the only 3.2 wheels that will work? I have the protrac kit and multiple offset adapters so I can adjust for different wheel offset.

Here is what I'm working with so far. I need to raise the body in the front some more, this thing only sees the desert so I want a really aggressive tread.

Any advise is appreciated!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar

The "wheels for Stampede 4x4" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneSparks View Post
    I am building a monster slash and I would really like some bigger tires. I'm thinking about the f11 wheels. I really like the duratrax tires, but they only seem to be available pre-mounted on 12mm hex wheels. So my plan is to buy a set of the duratrax pre-mounts, throw them in the oven, peel then apart, tape them, and mount them on the f11's. Does anyone know if this will work? Do the duratrax tires have traxxas style bead? Maybe I could put the duratrax tires on the 3.2 revolvers? If not I'll probably get the swampers but I'm going for function over form.

Also, where can I get the ofna mt3? I would like to put them on my wife's p4de to widen it up some. Are the mt3's and revolver stablemaxx's the only 3.2 wheels that will work? I have the protrac kit and multiple offset adapters so I can adjust for different wheel offset.

Here is what I'm working with so far. I need to raise the body in the front some more, this thing only sees the desert so I want a really aggressive tread.

Any advise is appreciated!

Which duratrax tires are you wanting to run? You can mount any 2.8 tire on the 3.2 rim, doesn't matter if it has the traxxas bead or not since you will be cutting it off anyway. Since you have the protrac kit if you put ofna wheels on it it will be really wide. I run 2.8 badlands on the ofna wheels with a protrac kit and HR 10mm offset adapters and it's 14 3/4 inches wide from outside to outside. With the 2.8 mashers on ofna wheels it's 15 inches wide outside to outside. You can get the ofnas on eBay or order directly from them. The ofnas, revolvers, and the maximizers are the only 3.2 wheels that I know of. Here's a few combos that I have.
    Mashers on ofnas

Swampers on revolvers

Badlands on ofnas

Glocs on revolvers.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the quick reply gpede! I looked for the mt3s on ebay and the ofna site, no luck. I want to use them on my wife's pede which has stock a-arms. You're right, protrac with hr 10mm offset is plenty width for me now, but I'd go wider, why not...

I'm leaning towards the duratrax lockup with the rpm revolver 3.2. Also, should I tape them? I'm assuming the dutatrax tires don't have closed cell foams. Running 3s mostly, 4s sometimes.

I'll try the glocs when my banditos wear out. That combo looks great!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Ofna-hobao-dom...YAAOSwuWVWEzf6

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Ofna-hobao-dom...gAAOSwDFNWEzdy

http://www.eofna.com/Wheel-Dominator...Pc_p_9436.html

Not sure if the duratrax have closed cell foams or not. I always tape my tires when I mount my own sets, it makes a big difference.

Member of the triple digit club 100mph p4de

RC Qualifier
    Sweet, thanks again! My Chevy will appreciate the 2.8's. I can't wait until your '80 body is painted! This was my first paint job, it came out way too light. We're painting the '72 body for the pede this weekend. If you feel like you're being copied, you have good taste! I bought a '90 clodbuster body on ebay with no stickers, it was too wide so it went on the crawler.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneSparks View Post
    Sweet, thanks again! My Chevy will appreciate the 2.8's. I can't wait until your '80 body is painted! This was my first paint job, it came out way too light. We're painting the '72 body for the pede this weekend. If you feel like you're being copied, you have good taste! I bought a '90 clodbuster body on ebay with no stickers, it was too wide so it went on the crawler.

No problem man, yea you and me both lol. Na I don't mind if I get copied, heck it would make my day too see more like mine. . That 90 body would have looked good on the p4de.

Is there any high quality tires complete with rims that dont balloon like crazy on 3s to buy?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaavisto View Post
    Here is my little basher set up as of now. F11 wheels with Proline Shockwave tires

Nice! Looks good! I know you know back tires need to be flipped so treads look like this though, right?
    > >
    [ ]
    > >
    Quote Originally Posted by cazrack View Post
    Is there any high quality tires complete with rims that dont balloon like crazy on 3s to buy thanks.
    I bought street fighters and taped them. They hardly ballooned at all first couple of runs but then started ballooning. I say this because most if not all tires should be good if taped properly. My guess is the tape didnt hold. I never cleaned inside of tire so thats prob why. Im on 3s with 12/50 gearing. A buddy let me use grps on my speed runner and they havent ballooned at all yet. Not official yet but Im in the 65mph range.
    They are not bashing wheels and tires!!! Lol

Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Last edited by Briber; 05-07-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Racer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    dont know if these have been posted but they look pretty cool

new proline mx28 badlands 2.8

https://youtu.be/CGCDOMWViBM

RC Racer
    I put on some Duratrax Lock-ups recently and have to say that I really like the way they perform. I have been running them mostly off-road but I'm impressed.

RC Qualifier
    I actually like the white lettering . What wheels are those?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by IPT View Post
    I actually like the white lettering . What wheels are those?
    They are the Duratrax Lockup MT. (http://www.duratrax.com/tires/2-8monstertruck.html)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaavisto View Post
    They are the Duratrax Lockup MT. (http://www.duratrax.com/tires/2-8monstertruck.html)
    What size Hex are those? I need 17mm. Do they balloon? I run 3S, but I like the look of those wheels ad tires

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by IPT View Post
    What size Hex are those? I need 17mm. Do they balloon? I run 3S, but I like the look of those wheels ad tires
    I don't believe they offer them in 17mm, the ballooning is not bad, not great but typical.

This isn't on a p4de, but is still a nice combo and can be installed on a p4de. New badlands mx28 on revolvers.

RC Qualifier
    Looking good.. I think I need a set of those tires pretty soon tell us how they hold up.. Sweet truck tho.. Keep us posted!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RC-nightmare View Post
    Looking good.. I think I need a set of those tires pretty soon tell us how they hold up.. Sweet truck tho.. Keep us posted!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, haven't got to test them yet due to since I glued them it has been raining.

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    GeneralPede01, said it before but it bears repeating, I love the look of those new Badlands MX28s! Especially on those wide wheelbase RPM revolvers. Yahoo!
    Obstacle Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by jvogel View Post
    GeneralPede01, said it before but it bears repeating, I love the look of those new Badlands MX28s! Especially on those wide wheelbase RPM revolvers. Yahoo!
    Thanks, I love the look myself. I prefer these over the originals due the the bigger lugs and wider stance. I was able to test them finally earlier and the performance is amazing. Very grippy in loose dirt and hard packed dirt, which is to be expect since its basically a scaled down dirtbike tire lol. They perform well in grass too, but they will traction roll if your not careful.

RC poster
    What are some AWESOME wheels that will fit 2.8 pro line trenchers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rc2theMAXX View Post
    It totally depends on the terrain!
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Competitor
    RPM 3.2 revolvers.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DG40 View Post
    RPM 3.2 revolvers.
    That is exactly the kind of stuff i'm looking for!

I misread the post the first time.

Agreed. RPM Revolvers are the answer. They are available here:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTAE8&P=7

They look nice with Badlands too!
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    Newest wheel combo for my p4de, 2.8 masher on 3.3 ofnas dyed black and running the protrac kit.
    Also polished my mip axles for a little bit of eye candy.

How does this truck handle being that wide? It looks like it would be super stable. I'm in the midst of switching my Slash 4x4 ProTrac over to a p4de. I'm looking forward to drive in this truck.

RC Competitor
    Just a reminder. These are the 3.2 wheels that I ground off the outer lip and cut the bead off the tire and stretched onto the wheel.
    I was skeptical at first but now after having them, it's the only way I'll go from now on.
    Super awesome wheel set. Totally worth the effort.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DG40 View Post
    RPM 3.2 revolvers.

RC poster
    except im looking for more of a rugged and stylish look while having good performance. Possibly beadlocks or traxxas style beads whatever it is but im going for the xmaxx wheel style or like those xd wheels on real trucks.

RC Qualifier
    MaXDee. i am also running those Ofna rims, but i have not been able to find another set. i've been searching for Ofna MT3 Splits with little luck. on another thread i heard they may have changed the part to a HoBao part or something. do you have a source for those rims? i need a backup set... i love how wide they make my SL4SH MT. in combination with Proline extended arms, and HR 6mm extended 17mm hubs, i did not even need to trim the body with those huge wheels...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post
    MaXDee. i am also running those Ofna rims, but i have not been able to find another set. i've been searching for Ofna MT3 Splits with little luck. on another thread i heard they may have changed the part to a HoBao part or something. do you have a source for those rims? i need a backup set... i love how wide they make my SL4SH MT. in combination with Proline extended arms, and HR 6mm extended 17mm hubs, i did not even need to trim the body with those huge wheels...
    I've been looking for those Ofna rims as well. I think they look super cool. They're nowhere to be found unfortunately

RC poster
    I just got back into rc's and love traxxas so I went with a stampede 4x4 vxl. I'm curious about finding some beadlock wheels like the 2.2 rocksters. Any suggestions?

I've never been a fan of beadlock wheels for an insanely fast P4de. 2.2" Pro-Line Gladiators glued on RPM Wide Offset Wheels are a favorite for mine.

Obstacle Magnet

RC poster
    i have 2.8 trenchers for the back of my pede 4x4 do i need them for the front too

RC Racer
    I would put all 4 on so it's looks good. Is there a size difference between the pair now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackd25 View Post
    i have 2.8 trenchers for the back of my pede 4x4 do i need them for the front too
    I agree with Jackd25. It would look odd and handle poorly without 4 identicle shoes. It is a 4x4 afterall.
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Qualifier
    Not only that since it is 4x4 I suspect the diameter needs to be the same on all 4 or it will force them to turn at different speeds and increase wear. That's the way it is in the real world for 4x4's at least.

So no more Ofna MT3 splits huh? Anyone try and other 0 offset wheels?

RC Qualifier
    anyone with recommendations for a 0 offset wheel? Did that die with the Ofna Mt3's?

RC Qualifier
    Will these work on a P4de?

https://www.rcplanet.com/axial-22-mo...axiax31464.htm

The wheels are 2.5" wide. Not sure about the offset though.

If so, will these tires fit?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/proline-...24111?v=512491

They are 2.83" wide
    Last edited by MaXDee; 06-12-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    Will these work on a P4de?

https://www.rcplanet.com/axial-22-mo...axiax31464.htm

The wheels are 2.5" wide. Not sure about the offset though.

If so, will these tires fit?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/proline-...24111?v=512491

They are 2.83" wide
    You probably will have a problem fitting them over the caster blocks.
    Nobody is born with experience

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast