Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    You probably will have a problem fitting them over the caster blocks.
    Thats what I thought. I'll stick with the 2.2 wide Revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneSparks View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply gpede! I looked for the mt3s on ebay and the ofna site, no luck. I want to use them on my wife's pede which has stock a-arms. You're right, protrac with hr 10mm offset is plenty width for me now, but I'd go wider, why not...

I'm leaning towards the duratrax lockup with the rpm revolver 3.2. Also, should I tape them? I'm assuming the dutatrax tires don't have closed cell foams. Running 3s mostly, 4s sometimes.

I'll try the glocs when my banditos wear out. That combo looks great!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Wider isn't always better
    Member of the 100+ post club! Here to mess up!

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by zypher View Post
    Wider isn't always better
    Yep. I narrowed my Rustler with Sla2h rear A-arms and prefer it (the narrow mod).

For my P4de, I like it with the RPM wide wheels and with regular 2.8" wheels. Heck, I just love my P4de, period!
    Obstacle Magnet

Wink

Hhhhhhhhhhh(duh)hhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by lektro; 06-15-2017 at 05:08 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    Hhhhhhhhhhh(duh)hhhhhhhhhh
    You said it Beavis.
    Obstacle Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by jvogel View Post
    You said it Beavis.
    I Actually did jvogel! Put an answer out there to a question from a 3 year old post....Duh! Oh well, won't be my first time
    Choose Life !!!

RC poster
    Just curious, has anyone confirmed whether or not the Exceed RC Mad Torque 2.8 Wheels fit the 4x4 pede? They're good-looking, inexpensive, beadlock wheels that seem like an obvious choice if they clear the c-hubs.

http://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-mt2009-2010-cgreen.html

Quote Originally Posted by coliver14 View Post
    Just curious, has anyone confirmed whether or not the Exceed RC Mad Torque 2.8 Wheels fit the 4x4 pede? They're good-looking, inexpensive, beadlock wheels that seem like an obvious choice if they clear the c-hubs.

http://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-mt2009-2010-cgreen.html
    Those are huge. Over 6" in diameter.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Those are huge. Over 6" in diameter.
    Yea the tires are but I was referring more to the wheels. They're supposedly 2.8" like the stampedes. Looks like Pede power got a set but was waiting on 17mm adapters to try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pede power View Post
    I just bought these going to try them out still waiting on the 17mm adapters
    Hey Pede power, any luck on getting these to fit?

Lol, ok. I missed that. Not sure if you noticed it, but that post is 3 year old. I doubt that you get an answer from him, because his last forum activitiy is from about that time too.

I took a look at the website and noticed they have a 3.2" outer diameter. I wonder if those take the 2.8" tires without problems.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Competitor
    For anyone looking for wheel mounting options for their modified P4DE you can consider this route...

Please note:

1) that i do not recommend doing this if you are running a stock traxxas servo coz while these don't weigh too much more than the 2.8" rims since still using 2.8" tires, the rims themselves are still heavier and a fair bit larger so will put more strain on your servo if its stock!!!

2) You need to be comfortable cutting / gluing your own tires and be prepared to spend a fair amount of time trying to mount the tires with the foams on as it is can be a tricky process

Originally had 2.8" Super Swamper Tires mounted on 2.8" Rims...

Now its got 2.8" Super Swamper Tires mounted on 3.8" Desperado Rims with 12mm hex to 17mm hex extenders...

Size comparison between the 3.8" Rims (front) and the 2.8" Rims (back)

Top view showing just how much more extended the overall wheelbase now is in comparison to before

Side profile shot of the truck with the 3.8" rims with 2.8" tires mounted front and back

Final verdict so far: Truck handles 100% better than before due to the wider stance and doesn't topple over when doing sharper turns unless going at very fast speeds

I've also pretty much eliminated the possibility of the tires ballooning due to them being stretched so much, but have yet to test them with my 3S batteries so will report back at another time
    Last edited by -Ghost-; 11-27-2017 at 02:24 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Man that looks awesome. Since the Ofna MT3's are hard to come by now this may be another way to get a larger offset.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It does look good. What offset are your hubs. I went with 6mm to widen yet maintain as much strength as I could.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    It does look good. What offset are your hubs. I went with 6mm to widen yet maintain as much strength as I could.
    Rims are 1/2" offset, then got 30mm wheel adapters

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Can you post a picture of the wheel adapters. That's seems like way to much to jump or bash hard with. Seems like they'd be susceptible to breaking.

RC Qualifier
    You can always 3D print too!
    $+RC+more$+friends+more$=FUN!
    YouTube: EvHexRC1

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Can you post a picture of the wheel adapters. That's seems like way to much to jump or bash hard with. Seems like they'd be susceptible to breaking.
    Will try and get some pics next time...

To answer your question though, i've tried some basic low level jumps (around 3-4' height) and they seem to hold up okay atm... being that they are 12mm - 17mm hex adapters im also hoping they will hold up to the beating better than regular extensions but will know for sure on sunday if i go bashing with the RC crew...

If however they dont hold up, luckily they are cheap and i can always order more

I should also add i do hve a heavily modified P4DE that is close to bullet proof which im also hoping helps...

RC poster

Wondering were I can find these beadlock wheels what on or brand any info helpful. T

Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    Sorry for the long delay of posting a up pics of these tires, but here ya go...
    Was wondering the part number Nd brand of the beadlock abels in this picture thanks in advance

RC Qualifier
    Proline Split Six beadlock

RC Qualifier
    3D printing.....I just started messing with it, but it has some cool possibility!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567