RC Competitor

Round 2 with street sign. Not sure what to replace. Help please.

My main concern is that gray piece under the axle.

Do not see that in my parts manual. Entire bottom needs replaced?

Some back info on title. Had a buddy flip my Rustler into a desolate metal pole. Needed new motor and other things that he paid for. Well fast forward to about 2-3 weeks ago. Was driving in my neighbor hood and I like to hit this corner going really fast, well..my tires were turning but my car wasn't! Boom! Clipped the back wheel set. Random neighbors from far away started laughing.

I want to get this thing back on the road again, I just need to figure out what to order. I had just put a new rear shock tower on it too hahaha. Now I need to replace it again.

RC Enthusiast
    New tranny case is what you need

You could get a upgrading transmission case too if you want instead of the stock one. You can purchase an aluminum one
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    New transmission case and any pins that are bent.
    All those who believe psychokinesis raise my hand

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the quick replies you guys! So a new transmission case huh? Well time to upgrade I guess! Not sure if aluminum would be an upgrade. Point me in a good direction on a decently priced upgraded tranny case.
    Hope its not a pain to install.
    Yeah quite a bit of pins are bent. My RPM rear arms held up great.

One more thing. Since I busted an axel, would it be a good idea to replace both? Just go factory?

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/traxxas/...nsmission.html
    ????

Please watch your acronyms.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-21-2014 at 03:08 PM.

RC Qualifier
    The RPM cases are pretty good

RC Qualifier
    The only thing about rpm cases is heat they def don't help with motor temps but if that's not an issue for you its a fantastic solution to your problem. as for axles may want to go to 4x4 HD axles or a set of cvds

RC Competitor
    Well just bit the bullet and ordered it. $19 shipped via eBay. Not bad!

4x4 HD axles? CVDS? No idea what you are talking about no offense. I want something that will fit perfect. But if the stock ones are fine I will just go that route since they have held up fine. Performance wise I am running a Lipo 2s with optional gearing. ~40mph. Fast enough for me. Could only imagine wrecking it going 50+!

RC Qualifier
    buy an integy gearbox, i have two, they are great, no issues for years with either one

Go with the 6852x Heavy Duty driveshafts linked above, they drop right in and are much stronger than the stockers.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor

New case is in, RC is back running again! Took quite a while. Suprised I had all the replacement parts for it sitting around.

I thought the driveshaft was broke, but it is just cracked, it popped right back in. Might have to replace it in the future. thank you for the links. Oh the factory cover does not fit on the RPM case, so it is open. :/ uite a bit for aftermarket shafts. I will just replace with Traxxas. I am not at any crazy power level. Just lipo 2s and optional gearing.

RC Competitor
    Looks good

RC Competitor
    Thanks man.
    Drove it for the 2nd time since fixing it around my neighborhood. A indian/ sir lanka something man who barely could speak English ran over it with his car. I had my car on the right side of the road and this guy decides to go in my lane going the opposite direction, meaning he drove on the wrong side of the road like he was trying to run it over. He was a nice guy and said he would pay for it but I told him to not worry about it. 2 neighbors saw it and they were upset just as I was at the guy. Luckily he just drove over the front wheel.

Cracked the wheel and bent the rod. The RPM stuff held up perfect though.

RC Qualifier
    Would have been steaming mad... I've had an experience similar to this to, i saw a car coming so i drove my rustler up against the curb so it could pass on by, and instead when they drive past me the window is rolled down, the kid in the passenger seat screams something at me and the driver swerves right attempting to hit my car, barely missing it because i drove forward a bit.
    2400kv rusty ~ 4100kv merv
    Revo .26 X2
    Jato .21

RC Competitor
    Yeah that is messed up.

Anyone know the part # for that rod? In my manual it shows it being something different. I went through this dilemma before getting the wrong part. Shows a screw in my manual but my RC has the little rod with the clips. Going to search through my posts.

RC Competitor
    Yeah that is messed up.

Anyone know the part # for that rod? In my manual it shows it being something different. I went through this dilemma before getting the wrong part. Shows a screw in my manual but my RC has the little rod with the clips. Going to search through my posts.

Edit: Found it.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...part-w-picture