RC Racer

what springs r you all using

imm looking to tighten up suspension for bashing and jumping..it slaps the ground on landings

RC Enthusiast
    Try the +10 Progressive Rate Springs (pink) . I tried them as well as went to 50wt shock oil. This helps a lot with bottoming out.

RC Racer
    i was thinking maybe a assortment pack

RC Enthusiast
    Has anyone tried the +20 ones? Do the +10 make a significant difference? How do they make the truck handle at speed? Does it get more bouncy and not soak up the bumps as much?

RC Qualifier
    Depending on how high you're jumping you may want the chassis slap.. otherwise you'll be bending your shock shafts.

RC poster
    I have stock weight and added more preload to the springs handles just fine plus doesn't bottom out and returns a lot nicer to ride height

RC poster
    I'm also interested to know what others use to gain ride height.im seting mine up for trailing/crawling so I'm normally using big heavy or double battery's .currently using stock shocks oil and springs.anyone?

RC Qualifier
    There isn't too much you can do. You can move the shocks to the most inside position though. Bigger tires will help a lot.
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC poster
    I bought bigger tires for my telluride and bough wheel extensions. however the body is still rubbing against the tires. I've moved the shocks to the most inside position. Are there any other tricks I can do to lift the body a little higher so that the wheels wont rub?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by blyent View Post
    I bought bigger tires for my telluride and bough wheel extensions. however the body is still rubbing against the tires. I've moved the shocks to the most inside position. Are there any other tricks I can do to lift the body a little higher so that the wheels wont rub?
    Lol, I just cut the fenders off.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fls4 View Post
    Lol, I just cut the fenders off.
    Haha, well thats the simple solution and probably the best one because I can't seem to think of any other way to keep the tires from rubbing other than jacking up the body.
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Enthusiast
    I did the same thing with mine. I lowered the body mounts a notch to try and lower the CG. I cut the fenders off to keep it from rubbing. I ordered the progressive +10 % pink springs that were listed on the Traxxas site. There are a front and rear set. The front set was a lot shorter and rears were just a touch shorter. I had to put a large spring spacer in the front just to get it to sit like the old stock springs. The new rears sat at the same height. I ended up taking the longer rear springs and putting them on the front without the thin spacer but took the thin spacer and put it on the rear since the new springs were a bit shorter. This made the truck sit level. I have yet to run it to see how it works.

RC poster
    Slash arms bring the wheels out and eliminate 80 -90 % rubbing

RC Racer
    i just installed the new proline f11 2.8 wheels and trencher tires and it brought them out a bit and i just received in the mail slash arms,axles, etc