RC poster

Alias Mods/Upgrades/Customization

I have been thinking lately while the alias in down , about modifications that I could do that would be useful helpful and just plain cool. Atm I've already attempted landing pad extensions but need a whole redesign and thinking about incorporating prop protection.

Here's a led diffuser someone else had made. I just printed it out. PLA translucent purple (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:220852) heres the creator and file.

Heres its lit up , pictures dont do justice.

Heres extended landing pads , which when I was modeling seemed long enough but isnt , but really got a whole new design in the works something that would keep it out of the grass.
    Free advertisement thanks for the fast shipped motors!

Im interested in any ideas people have , or get. Ill be posting a image of the soon to be landing extension and prop saver.

I like that diffuser idea, would be nice if they became available for those of us without a 3d printer.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC poster
    In time Im sure there will be official addons to come ,other than whats out there and cant wait to get the camera but I an more than willing to print things for fellow alias members as I adventure through both 3d printing and the Alias/quadcopter.
    Also,
    I got to fly the quad again , took her outside and had a blast. Using the MMwarehouse Alias motors it seemed to have longer battery life not to sure , the alias is still semi new to me and I didnt have but maybe 40mins of flight time with the oem motors before one went out.
    Last edited by Metalbrick; 04-23-2014 at 10:07 PM.

RC Racer

Prop guards

Came up with some prop guards that snap onto the motor pods.

Link to the Thing

After crash testing, need to do a little work on durability.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoVW72 View Post

Link to the Thing

OOOh I like this design. I was thinking something similar. I may have to print these. Have you considered adding little pinholes to run a string between the open spaces? I have seen this for the dji Phantom and it seems to work really well.

Please think about using one of the more open source model storage sites. thingiverse has recently become less desirable to use...
    Last edited by sunkenmugsy; 06-01-2014 at 02:32 PM.

RC Qualifier
    those prop guards are awesome Geo! ever think about making/selling any of these on ebay? I would definitely try out a set of those guards . nice work!
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC Racer
    I can see where those quards might remain susceptible to damage since they're all independently cantilevered out there. I think rather than making them stronger (& heavier) a better approach would be to consider them expendable and just throw a new one on whenever you crash. Often on items like that a dozen don't cost a lot more than four.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoVW72 View Post

Link to the Thing

Nice job , seen that on thingiverse the other day. Ive been a little to busy to fly or design anything , but that was one thing I did want to do but didnt want to interfere with the weight and flight , I would keep it light weight and just have or make replacements.