RC poster

Traxxas Nitro 4tec Idle speed screw

Whats the factory settings for the idle speed screw? My 4tec keeps on running to fast on idling, the wheels wont stand still allthough i turn it clockwise or counter clockwise. What seems to be the problem?
    (Very thankful for help!!) // Mattias from sweden

RC Champion
    There really isn't a setting for the idle speed screw other than to visually look into the carb for the gap. what you want to see is about a 1mm or so gap when the carb is closed. This gap shouldn't change when the brakes are applied but will go to fully opened when you give it throttle. basically take off the air filter and look down the carb at the opening... move the throttle open and close and you will see it moving inside. The closed diameter is what you want to look at. If its too open it won't allow the motor to idle down and the results are what you are experiencing. If less that 1mm you will most likely stall every time you release the throttle or apply the brakes.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC poster
    And it spits unburned metanol from the exhaust pipe, and it dosent work however i turn the low speed or hs needle down or up. And the car is new, maybe 10 tanks of fuel driven.. Very strange..

RC Qualifier
    Adjustments to the needle jets don't typically have an immediate effect, especially the hsn. With an engine as new as yours, the factory settings should allow it to run fairly decent. It's a good starting point to start tuning for performance. Remember to make a few high speed passes between any needle adjustments.