Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast
    All this time and not a single picture about these supposed "improved motors"?

I think I'm going to just call it. This guy is pulling our legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
    All this time and not a single picture about these supposed "improved motors"?

I think I'm going to just call it. This guy is pulling our legs.
    The motor can has changed on hte left is the older motor on the right is the newer motors

Has for there being a "new updated Alias" or a Purple Alias ,,,well I have seen no evidence of that what so ever.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC poster
    I plan on purchasing a Alias as soon as they are available for my LHS to order me one. By that time there may very well be pictures already available on the internet of a "new box" showing the white canopy, camera, Light bar, etc if that is the case. However if not Ill take some pictures of my box and post them here if it is indeed any different or shows what could be perceived as a purple alias since no pictures have ever been posted.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Has for there being a "new updated Alias" or a Purple Alias ,,,well I have seen no evidence of that what so ever.

yeah, that's what i was talking about.

RC poster
    I just bought my first copter/quad which was the Alias and it has what looks like black plastic caps on the output/pinion end. No holes. The rear end has a sticker covering two holes. It does not have the "new" box with pictures of cameras etc. It was shipped to the local hobby town sometime in mid April. So far Ive only ran 5 batteries through it, but its showing no signs of motor fatigue or noises. I'll update about every 20 batteries or so to pitch in my 2cents.

RC Competitor
    Cummington, MA. 25 miles everywhere from nowhere
    Good luck have fun. Keep it out of the trees and/or waterways. They are quick and powerful little units, and can get away from you rather quickly especially in wind. Even with prior experience (+1 year) flying quads I lost my first one (waterway )

RC poster
    Yeh I'm having to learn the basics with 5-10 mph winds because my apt would eat this thing for lunch on the first spin up I'd imagine. Not doing too bad . One tree snag only about 10 ft off the ground cause of the wind and zero high speed dirt drops. I dont hesitate to cut the throttle if I feel like I'm losing control close to the ground. And you're right about that power. It's way more sensitive than I would have guessed.

RC Competitor
    Cummington, MA. 25 miles everywhere from nowhere
    They can be detuned/tamed down by changing the Tx rates. My biggest problem was due to my prior experience and once I got a feel for a slightly more aggressive tuned rate in both N and E1 was over-confidence and overestimation of my abilities in wind speeds in which I should not have been flying presently. The day previous I was flying in winds 12 -15 mph with gusts 17 - 18 mph (Beaufort Scale and corresponding weather data) without that much difficulty. Yesterday I got overpowered and blown away by gusts exceeding 20 mph (Beaufort Scale and corresponding weather data) I am staying away from E2 presently until I tame down the E2 rates, and get a little more flight experience in E1. Today was calm at sunrise and I had a blast.

It's all part of my learning curve.
    Last edited by jbrumberg; 05-02-2014 at 04:49 PM.

RC poster
    Update; now on 20th run/battery with no signs of motor troubles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12