RC Racer

Ring Gear Gasket ?

Are the gaskets for the Summit's diff cups the same as the Revo and E-Maxx gaskets? Mine have stretched and will no longer fit back into the cups. If they're the same it will give me more options when I go and see what my LHS has in stock.

Thanks,
    Jimmy
    Tekin powered Summit

RC Champion
    They look the same, but because the Summit Diff Cup is different the ring gasket comes with the Summit Diff Cup. So the only way your are going to find out is buy one and see. The Emaxx Diff Cup is PN TRX3978X, the Summit Diff Cup is PN TRX5681.

I know that is not really much help, but that's all I could come up with.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX coming soon...

RC Champion
    the gaskets are the same.....

RC Racer
    Thanks jaman!
    Tekin powered Summit

RC Racer
    If all you need is the black gasket see if your LHS has Traxxas part number TRA5581. Its for the Jato but gasket is the same. Its alot cheaper than buying the cup just for new gasket.

RC Racer
    Yes it is just the gasket that I need. Thanks for the info.
    Tekin powered Summit

RC Racer
    I read on another post that tra5581 will not fit the summit. Said the gasket was to small. Im in the same boat. I got the lem diff cups but i dont have any good gaskets to put in them.
    If it still moves, it aint broke enough!

RC Qualifier
    The #5681 kit gasket simply must be the same as any gasket for the Slash 4x4/Revo platforms (Like Jaman says) since the ring gears are interchangeable, right? So the #5381 kit is likely a cheaper option. But I can't seem to find any sets containing just the gasket (I too would like to buy a large set of gaskets and go for fresh ones every time I take the diffs apart).
    Summit, Stampede 4x4, Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    So it appears in the traxxas community there are a number of people that would like to purchase the summit ring gear gasket without buying the entire diff cup combo. Is there any way an option like this could come available. I dont see the need in spending $6 on a kit just for the one gasket. And maybe sell the o-rings separately as well. And maybe even come out with a traxxas line of shims for shimming up the differentials on the traxxas models. Come out with shim kits for each vehicle. That would take out alot of trial and error in finding the right diameter shim for each part. Just a though to help make what i think is a great company a little better!

I just sent traxxas this email, prolly a waste of time. But heck, its worth a shot! Lol
    If it still moves, it aint broke enough!