RC poster

traxxas LaTrax Teton 1/18

Did this come out today? Does anyone have it yet? It looks like a pretty sick little machine! I originally bought the merv for my son thinking it would be a good little r/c car for him bought its a handfull, even for me! It looks like it might be more in his ballpark.

RC Racer
    It was released last month i believe. A few people have them already on here.
    Stampede 4X4 2700kv
    Xmaxx (stock)

RC Champion
    Look on the previous posts. Lots of great ideas. For a child the stock battery and motor should be fine. For a little more fun you can upgrade the battery to a 2s lipo and replace the motor. The front shocks will probably need to be upgraded as well. It really is a matter of how hard you drive it. Lots of posts to show you what upgrades people have done. Enjoy
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC Competitor
    My son took the Teton out for the third time today - the first time on normal mode instead of training. Handling it seems to be no great challenge for an almost-six-year-old. So in stock config the Teton is definitely fine for kids, especially in training mode.

Here's him driving it for the first time (in training mode):

Incidentally, I had the mini e-revo already in a shopping cart at rcmart until I realized it was out of stock and ordered the much cheaper Teton instead.
    Last edited by Wolfpaw; 05-09-2014 at 12:20 PM.