Question Best brushless system

I thinking soon I going to make my Stampede brushless I could either upgrade/exchange my Xl-5 and Titan 12T. Get the VXL-3s and Velineon 3500 or I wondering if the Castle Creations Sidewinder 3 would fit where you normally mount the VXL-3s if their is any modification I have to do to install ESC. Would the Castle 1406 or the 1415 Brushless Motor fit with no modification/upgrading the transmission of the Stampede.
    Monster Energy & F-150 Raptor, Teton, Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    My vote is for the sidewinder sct/3800 combo, or the 4600 combo. I run the sct/3800 combo on 2s in mine. Runs great, and takes 3s occasionally just fine.

The sidewinder is cheaper do you have image of it in your truck. Did you have to modify the Esc mount.

RC Competitor

Castle Creations definitely, the 1410 motor (3800) is just a beast on the 2wd pede, being a 4 pole motor, it has a ton of torque and takes heat better,
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    It'll fit in the stock spot just fine. I use sticky-back Velcro to hold it down. Also, the zip ties like above work well.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Castle Creations definitely, the 1410 motor (3800) is just a beast on the 2wd pede, being a 4 pole motor, it has a ton of torque and takes heat better,
    Jezza. you hit the nail right on the head.
    The 3800 combo is awesome in a 2x4 pede. I like the MMP for and ESC.

Quote Originally Posted by snowfighter View Post
    Jezza. you hit the nail right on the head.
    The 3800 combo is awesome in a 2x4 pede. I like the MMP for and ESC.
    Yup I ran the MMP with the 1410 on my 2wd pede and it is awesome both on 2s and 3s
    Live life to the fullest

So the sidewinder 3 will fit?if the mmp fits in it?
    Last edited by Shadow_summit757; 05-08-2014 at 06:39 PM.

With the sidewinder SCT model combo you can't use a three 3s unless I buy different motor. I would want to use Sidewinder 3 because it's cheap and the standard combo can run 3s. So sorry if I seem to ask the same question over again.

RC Racer
    Good Question here. So is the sv3 system (for $100) better than the Velineon or are you guys saying the castle creations 1410 matched with the MMP is the better option?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboOptima View Post
    Good Question here. So is the sv3 system (for $100) better than the Velineon or are you guys saying the castle creations 1410 matched with the MMP is the better option?
    The Castle Creations motors are 4 pole motors, better torque and takes heat more. The Velineon are just as great but only 2 pole, form what I have read lots of people who has experienced both prefer the CC.

The MMP is a better performance ESC to the sidewinder but pricy, it can take up to 6s too.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    Just to be clear, Shadow Summit, you can use 3s with the SCT combo (with the Sidewinder 3 ESC) on a 2WD Stampede. That system is limited to 2s on 4wd trucks (but I break that rule every once in a while for a speed run). I have the SCT combo on my 4wd Slash and I have run 3s on it many times, you just have to watch temps and keep the gearing low. Castle's website has a table that shows the circumstances under which you can use 3s on that system. It has more to do with vehicle weight; 3-4 lbs is good for 3s, 4-5 lbs is good for 2s. My P2de weighs 3.8 lbs and my Sl4sh weighs 4.3 lbs, if that gives you an idea.
    I know others might disagree with me, but in my opinion the SCT combo is very comparable to the VXL system in nearly all respects. In my opinion the SCT is all the motor/ESC you'd ever need for the P2de.
    The one rule for any motor/ESC combo is that you have to watch temps every time you gear up or change your driving style/conditions. Any motor will run too hot if you gear it too high or run it too hard.

With the MMP the 3800 is allowed at 3s on a 4x4 but with a Side Winder 3 for the 4x4 it is limited at 2s.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    Yeah, like Jezza said, the problem isn't with the motor, it's that the ESC gets too hot on 3s with a heavier 4wd truck. 2WD lighter truck, 3s is okay with the SW3 as long as you don't try to gear it too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_summit757 View Post
    Would the Castle 1406 or the 1415 Brushless Motor fit with no modification/upgrading the transmission of the Stampede.
    No upgrade is necessary, you already should have the magnum metal geared transmission in your truck. BTW, I have two of the older sidewinders and they're still going strong after at least 5 years.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    You can also get the sidewinder/4600 for even cheaper. No 3s at all though. On 3s the 4pole 4600 will pull too much juice for the sidewinder. But... on 2s, the 4600 is a beast in a pede. Skip to 1:15 in the vid. All the 2s power you could ever use:
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    @rag what about the MMP esc with the 4600 on 3s? I'm planning on grabbing that combo for my speed rustler and just wanted some feedback from a more experienced member?

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    The motor will run on the hot side. The esc will be fine. If you gear properly, dont have a heavy truck, and keep a close eye on temps, you can run 3s with that motor, but will be hard to keep cool in a heavier truck
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    The motor will run on the hot side. The esc will be fine. If you gear properly, dont have a heavy truck, and keep a close eye on temps, you can run 3s with that motor, but will be hard to keep cool in a heavier truck
    dang! so im at a stoppage on a motor seems like, AGAIN. hey rag I started the thread over in the rustler/bandit section if you want to chime in.

Which one should I buy SCT or Sidewinder 3?

RC Qualifier
    Sidewinder with the 3800kv motor. 2s-3s capable which is all you need for thus truck. Gobs of torque!

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I run a Castle MMP 3800kv with 19/83 gearing on 2S or 3S. Works perfectly for me.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    got a duratrax element system in mine(castle rebranded) with 3900kv motor. 24/90 on 2s. Works great. gps clocked at 43mph on a 2s 5000 25c.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_summit757 View Post
    Which one should I buy SCT or Sidewinder 3?
    I would go sw3 for the waterproof nice if you ever want it.

On one pede I have MMP 3800 with 2s and 3s geared 14/58 32 pitch and love its performance and on the other pede it is Duratrax DTX3174 Onyx 4550 geared 14/54 and wow just as great.

The sw3 is more then enough for the 2wd trucks as you have seen form a lot of people.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Enthusiast
    I also run the castle sct 3800 combo in a pede. Gearing is at 90/21 and runs pretty cool even on 90f days.

RC Qualifier
    I cant say completely on motors, but esc, hands down castle. Safer and more reliable.
    People Eating Tasty Animals

RC Enthusiast
    I believe the general consensus is that if you have the extra dough, might as well go for the MMP since it will be able to run 3s and higher if you ever decide to without worry of temp issues. Plus, if you ever want to use it in a heavier truck down the road it would be fine. However, in a 2wd stampede, the SCT 3800 combo will be more than sufficient.
    Drive it till the tires fall off!