RC Enthusiast

Alias are on back order

Can you guys check around. My LHS is saying my second Alias is now back ordered till the end of May.
    Now this is for Canada maybe not the States. I'm hoping this mean some type of reconfiguration on the motors, box...both or maybe more.

RC Qualifier
    Stampede Vxl Aton Summit

RC Racer
    Hi,

I'm from Canada too and I made a research and I found the cheapest Alias on Amazon.ca with Free Shipping and taxes - CAD$ 176.27.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00G...A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

The Alias can be found also at Best Buy and Futureshop, but with the taxes the final price will be almost 200$. On ebay is the same because of the Import charges, so Amazon.ca has the cheapest price.

The only problem with Amazon is you can't pick the color, they will ship random.
    But, I selected the Gift Message option and I said there that I want Orange or Blue, hopefully they will understand and send me one of the selected color!
    Last edited by ScutuMix; 05-09-2014 at 08:34 AM.

RC Racer
    That link says CDN$155 with free shipping. Is the $21 difference an import duty or something? Or do you guys have really high sales taxes?

RC Racer
    Item Subtotal: CDN$ 155.99
    Shipping and handling: CDN$ 0.00
    Tax Calculated (GST/HST): CDN$ 20.28
    Tax Calculated (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00
    Total: CDN$ 176.27

Taxes bro freaking taxes!!

I just got my package few minutes ago and it's GREEN !!! GOD, the guys at Amazon really don't care about us!!

Anyway I'm ok with green, but is not my preferred color!!

RC Racer
    Actually green was my choice. The two top contenders for prop visibility are green and orange. I thought green looked better than orange. Blue has gotten bad reviews for both day and night orientation. Still...you should get what you want.

I'm sure you know you can convert color easily and fairly inexpensively if it matters to you. BTW, I now question my choice of green. I lost mine for a bit and one problem was looking for a green item amongst green vegetation. I guess orange would have had it's advantages.
    Last edited by Jeremy1; 05-09-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1 View Post
    A.) Blue has gotten bad reviews for both day and night orientation.

B.) BTW, I now question my choice of green. I lost mine for a bit and one problem was looking for a green item amongst green vegetation. I guess orange would have had it's advantages.
    A.) I'll agree with that, at least versus green.
    B.) Not in the autumn.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    So it looks like the Red is the best choice in terms of visibility!

I was thinking on orange because I like the color and blue just because I have a blue Traxxas Summit.
    But I'm fine with green too.
    I'm glad that I've got it before the weekend, especially because I've placed the order yesterday.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
    Can you guys check around. My LHS is saying my second Alias is now back ordered till the end of May. Now this is for Canada maybe not the States. I'm hoping this mean some type of reconfiguration on the motors, box...both or maybe more.
    I guess I was a little vague in my first post (although it was perfectly clear in my own mind...LOL)
    What I really meant was my LHS called their supplier for Canada West (So did the hobby shop in Toronto, Canada East. I think)
    Both said the distribution branch for the LaTrax Alias are on back order from Traxxas. I'm not talking of some company, person,ebay seller having old stock. That's why I put (I'm hoping this mean some type of reconfiguration on the motors, box...both or maybe more.)
    I want to know if your LHS can get orders from their supplier.

RC Racer
    You can check factory stock right here at the Traxxas.com store. And yes, all colors are out of stock. I think your hope that new stock will somehow be upgraded is wishful thinking. The new motors were already introduced on prior batches. Not sure what else you're expecting.

RC Enthusiast
    Thx Jer,
    That helps a lot. Now that you pointed that out...it seems I was there before...and forgot.
    As far as what I expect or hope for... I guess I was looking at the thread "The New Updated Latrax Alias" and was hoping for the best.
    Time will tell.

RC Racer
    Yeah, there were issues with that thread.

RC Enthusiast
    Bump

I see that the Alias are all still back ordered...Does anyone "official" have an ETA for us. Like they're in a container waiting to be brought through customs...or something like that.