Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Maxx Twins 3905's

These are pics of my Maxx 3905's that I have been preparing for brushless systems. Lots of hop-ups: too many to mention. I have decided on Castle Mamba Monster for one truck and Tekin RX8 2310 or LRP Dynamic 8 2200 for the other truck. They are both running shelf-queens. I hope you enjoy the pictures. Next time you see them they should be in the brushless forum. My first visit to the forum. I have had the trucks for almost five years and have enjoyed the hobby since I was a elementary school.

[IMG]http:/93800x526_zpsd099224f.jpg[/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Sweet they look really nice. I like how in the second one you got a blue them. Nice rigs

Thank you for the props. Looking forward to this forum and the knowledge of others.
    Correcting typo on #1 thread-should read: "in elementary school".
    Last edited by maximum; 05-15-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: correct Typo on post #1

Does anyone know about...

Does anyone know anything about the LRP iX8 ESC & Dynamic 8 Brushless Motor Combo (2200kV) or the Tekin GEN2/T8 GEN2 systems? I am considering one of them for one of my E-MAXXs.
    Last edited by maximum; 05-19-2014 at 10:17 AM. Reason: question for the forum

New FLM Chassis and Old Proline Bronco Body

For the black and blue truck i am thinking about having the FLM chassis anodized black. Still thinking about brushless systems for both trucks! The bottom three pics are of the old chassis and old bodies. It has been fun with the two builds. The black and blue EMAXX is the oldest one.
    Last edited by maximum; 07-23-2014 at 07:46 PM. Reason: correction

RC Racer
    Wow, I'm speechless. Those are the nicest E-Maxx's I've seen. I love the two tone Bronco bodies. Those trucks look sharp! And make me miss my E-Maxx's Great work dude!
    Slash 4x4
    Stampede VXL
    Villain IV
    T-Maxx 3.3 x2

Thanks dude! Both trucks began their lives as 3905's. I have been setting them up for brushless - but I am not in a hurry. It's a hobby. So, I decided to just have fun. The goal is to have 3908's. The paint schemes on the Bronco's were inspired by looking at full sized custom cars and trucks. The Jeep body was my first. Maybe you are now ready to come back. You know the saying, "Once you do E-Maxx - there is no turning back."
    Last edited by maximum; 07-24-2014 at 05:49 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by maximum View Post
    Thanks dude! Both trucks began their lives as 3905's. I have been setting them up for brushless - but I am not in a hurry. It's a hobby. So, I decided to just have fun. The goal is to have 3908's. The paint schemes on the Bronco's were inspired by looking at full sized custom cars and trucks. The Jeep body was my first. Maybe you are now ready to come back. You know the saying, "Once you do E-Maxx - there is no turning back."
    Haha I know! I had two 3906's and I think it's time to buy a 3908. I would recommend brushless. I love my mamba in my E-Revo. On 4s she's a beast and that's all she needs.
    Slash 4x4
    Stampede VXL
    Villain IV
    T-Maxx 3.3 x2

Well - if they had brushless systems for the E-MAXX other than twin motors, I would purchased one . I must admit, I have always wanted an EREVO and Summit to complete the 1/10 scale electric monster truck collection by Traxxas. I looked at your ERBE - nice truck!

RC Racer
    Well - if they had brushless systems for the E-MAXX other than twin motors, I would purchased one . I must admit, I have always wanted an EREVO and Summit to complete the 1/10 scale electric monster truck collection by Traxxas. I looked at your ERBE - nice truck!
    Thanks man appreciate it!
    Slash 4x4
    Stampede VXL
    Villain IV
    T-Maxx 3.3 x2

These are pics of my return to the RC world. This is my first E-maxx and my first attempt at painting.
    I began to add a few Integy upgrades and then the truck began to take on a different look of coarse. I dyed the chassis black - grey was not in the scheme of things to come. I added some Proline Trencher X's and Proline Desperado Black 1/2 offset 17 mm wheels. These are pics of how the trucks looks now. I looking at all FLM upgrades black anodized.

c12d6bb3a68a_zpsab68e441.jpg.html]
    . This truck is set to go with an LRP Brushless Combo. The suspension is set up for speed - with chassis and steering.
    Last edited by maximum; 08-04-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Oops! I meant to say: "These are pics of the truck now. I am looking at FLM upgrades anodized in black."

Cool

After much research, the photos above are my four choices for brushless combos:
    (1) Tekin GEN 2 2250 kv motor/RX8 GEN2 ESC -
    (2) Castle 2200 motor/ Mamba Monster MXL-6s Brushless Power System -
    (3) Team Associated 2200 kv Dynamic 8 motor/iX8 ESC and
    (4) Team Orion Vortex VST2 Pro 690 4P 1900-2500 kv motor/Vortex R8 Pro X Extreme ESC.

At lease from my research, the Orion R8 Pro X Extreme ESC is the best for what i want. Well - two of the four combos will be in the Maxx-Twinns. The fun in the hobby is research and building the trucks. So, I am having tons of fun.
    Last edited by maximum; 09-11-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Upgrade Servos

I am still on my way to my brushless upgrades. However, the process has required many upgrades to transform my 3905's to match the basics standards of the 3908's. As you can see below, I have no servos on the truck because one of them began to not function correctly. My son who blessed me with the truck was the ultimate-basher. It was easy to justify the upgrades.

So, I decided to replace the stock servos Traxxas 2056's with the newer Traxxas digital 2075's servos which are stock on the brushless MAXX.
    The newer servos are a lot more responsive. They are also a better match for the larger tires on my number two truck. I thought since the 3908's came with larger tires than the 3905's, it would be an good upgrade - I was correct this time.

I also painted the outer shells of the servos to match the color scheme. More upgrades to come - I am sure - but still having fun!
    Last edited by maximum; 10-20-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Add last picture

Wow, absolutely beautiful! Great build my friend.

Thanks mrtwohands! Both builds have been a lot of fun. :
    Last edited by maximum; 10-20-2014 at 10:39 PM.

How are you liking the FLM bulks? It seems everyone on this forum runs the hybird bulks but I don't bash hard enough for something like that. Not to justify $180 in just bulks.

mrtwohands, you may not be able determine from the angle of the picture, but I have not decided on the bulks. The bulks are from another company. I am still researching which is the strongest bulk/diff combo or hybrid for the two trucks.

Does anyone have any suggestions for which FLM hybrid-bulk combo is the best between using the stock diff gearing part# 5379X or using 1/8 gearing? Is the difference between the bulks speed or strength? I do not desire to go brushless without changing the diffs in the trucks. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by maximum; 11-01-2014 at 07:21 PM.

RC Qualifier
    These are pics of my return to the RC world. This is my first E-maxx and my first attempt at painting.
    I began to add a few Integy upgrades and then the truck began to take on a different look of coarse. I dyed the chassis black - grey was not in the scheme of things to come. I added some Proline Trencher X's and Proline Desperado Black 1/2 offset 17 mm wheels. These are pics of how the trucks looks now. I looking at all FLM upgrades black anodized.

c12d6bb3a68a_zpsab68e441.jpg.html]
    . This truck is set to go with an LRP Brushless Combo. The suspension is set up for speed - with chassis and steering.
    back away from integy they have a seriously bad reputation and have aweful customer service
    Don't force it out. GET A BIGGER HAMMER!!

Thanks Empty Wallet for your input. Earlier in this thread (for this truck) I mentioned I was going to upgrade to FLM parts. I have not had any problems with customer service from Integy. This truck has sat for a while and has never been a basher . It has always been a shelf-queen. All parts work fine on the shelf. Upgrades are necessary for both trucks since the goal is brushless for them. Thanks again for your comments.
    Last edited by maximum; 11-14-2014 at 06:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    alright yes flm is a very nice company but i had an integy bumber on my rustler and literally tapped not kidding like bonk to a brick and bent the crap out of that integy bumper called them no replacment just makes me angry
    Don't force it out. GET A BIGGER HAMMER!!

RC Qualifier
    Maximum how did you line the steering up and make the to serovsavers fit and line up

Sypsp,
    First, I removed all the steering linkage and servo horns.
    Second, I hooked up my batteries and turned on the ESC so I could center both servos. Also, I centered my steering setting on my transmitter.
    Third, I listened for noise coming from the servos. There was none because both servos were centered.
    [Fourth[/B], I put the steering linkage and servo horns back on the truck and aligned the servo horns parallel with the chassis - but I did not tighten the screws so I could check for noise coming from the servos.
    Finally, I tightened each screw down one at a time and listened to servos through the process. Slow and deliberate process that works for both trucks.
    I trust the info helps.
    Last edited by maximum; 11-16-2014 at 04:03 PM.

And adjust steering linkage as necessary....

RC Qualifier
    thank you maximum, have had the probleme with mine, so will try this steep by steep guide, very nice truck

Sypsp, You are welcome and thanks for the compliment. Have been working on both trucks for some time now. It is time to take them of the shelf, but not without a few upgrades.

Anyone know anything about Magneto chassis?

I know, I have asked this question before, but what are your suggestions for the best brushless systems for my EMAXX's? I've done my research, however I would like to hear the opinions of the experts on this thread. Thanks in advance!

Okay! Need some assistance with getting rid of the play in the wheels/tires. Is there a way to shim them? I have tried the stock adjustment with no success to the steering block area - etc.. I still a have play/wobble with some of the mounted wheels/tires. At high speed that of course is a problem. Please help!
    Last edited by maximum; 03-01-2015 at 08:50 PM.

More pictures! Still working on the brushless systems:[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/maxxtwins/media/100_5411_zps836e7414.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/maxxtwins/media/100_5448_zps0c9f7554.jpg.html]

[/URL[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/maxxtwins/media/100_5456_zpsffcad18b.jpg.html]

[/URL[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/maxxtwins/media/100_5408_zpseade95a9.jpg.html]

[/URL[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/maxxtwins/media/100_5455_zps22f2668a.jpg.html]

[/URL[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/maxxtwins/media/100_5234_zps4c2baa99.jpg.html]

[/URL[URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/maxxtwins/media/100_5392_zpscbfdaa79.jpg.html]

[/URL

[/URL

Last edited by maximum; 04-03-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Help needed with the above questions!
    Last edited by maximum; 04-06-2015 at 05:37 PM.

I am continuing to do updates on both trucks. On my #1 truck I updated my servo gears from plastic to metal. The Savox gears are a direct fit. Maybe you can see the part number in the photos. (Part number SG-SC0251MG) I used silicon grease for the lubricant. It was a easy upgrade compared to diff upgrades. The metal gears are working efficiently. I will just see how they work over time. I will soon do the same for the other truck. Still having fun! I was inspired to do the upgrades from a post in the EMBE forum.
    Last edited by maximum; 04-20-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Metal gears working well. I will definitely be upgrading the other truck.

For those who are interested, dual steering bell cranks will help strengthen and stabilize your steering. I found that dual bell cranks made my steering more positive and responsive. Very little mod work needed. Check out pics below: URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/maxxtwins/media/100_5644_zps7wkuab8c.jpg.html][/URL
    Last edited by maximum; 04-24-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Just in case you were wondering, on both trucks the dual servos are synced. No problems whatsoever with servos working together with dual steering bell cranks.

RC poster
    For those who are interested, dual steering bell cranks will help strengthen and stabilize your steering. I found that dual bell cranks made my steering more positive and responsive. Very little mod work needed. Check out pics below: URL=http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/maxxtwins/media/100_5644_zps7wkuab8c.jpg.html][/URL

This is a great idea!!! I hope you dont mind me using it on my rig????!!! LOL!!

Please help yourself! That is what the forum is all about! There is a little mod work on the right side steering bell crank mount that should be ground down to complete the project. There is small lip on the stock chassis that must be filed flush to opening that mounts the steering bell crank.
    Last edited by maximum; 05-06-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Well - after more research I have decided on the ESC! Team Orion for one of the trucks. Check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzO4JktmMWc I will go with their 2100 KV motor instead of the one on youtube.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av4oeTgcE34 I am still researching o to finalize my decision for my other truck. Thinkin' Tekin - we will see.The fun is in the research, the build and of course the run!

Wobble issue was fixed regarding play in tires/wheels.
    Last edited by maximum; 05-10-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast