Thread: E-Maxx Revival

RC poster

E-Maxx Revival

Hello All,

First post Here!!

I have recently dug out an E-Maxx project and want to get back on it, Long story short I have an E-maxx !6.8v originally with the twin titans, started to convert to Brushless and project stopped until now, been out of the game so to speak for some time ao looking foe some help and guidance, I had bought a Hobbywing Max8 combo and intended to install and did not. Looking for some input and help on best avenue to move forward with, Is this a decent combo to go with? Or did I make a choice back then with out doing my homework haha. Not looking for the cheap way out, but if it is a decent start is what I would like to know. Also curious for some help and opinions on gearing and battery choice? Any other thoughts or knowledge is much appreciated as well. Been looking on many sites and figured maybe asking some gurus or people who have more experience with it would probably be a better choice..

Look forward to this project, miss playing around with RC stuff and hope to have fun like I used to

Let me know thoughts and thanks in advance for any help and guidance

RC Qualifier
    Hey there, Just by coincidence I just broke out my old E-Maxx as well.
    My login on this site still worked after 10 years. lol
    I'm with you on this E-Maxx revival.
    Let's see if we can get them rolling.

Sorry, tried to post a pic of my rig but it didn't work.
    Can you not upload directly to the site?
    I have some pics in google drive but can't seem to figure out how to link to them.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-13-2021 at 02:15 AM. Reason: merge
    www.macdrums.com

RC poster
    I've got a v1 emaxx, that originally had the twin titans as well.
    I converted it to a Castle momba 1/8th scale system with 6s power.

Can not keep axles together, just twists them after a few minutes.. Once twisted, they just snap.
    Hopefully your chassis is a v2 or newer version... Traxxas offers metal goodies for the v2+ chassis still.

I've tried modifying v2 axles to fit v1 but it's just not worth it... THey need to be remachined.
    Would love to see some brushless early gen maxxes though.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, mines all metal.
    Even the 2 speed transmission gears.
    www.macdrums.com

RC poster
    Same here, iv just dug out my old 3996, totally stripped, cleaned, and now just replacing some bent and broken bits and thinking of going brushless too, iv a max10 to go in but not sure if the drive train will take it.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk