RC poster

old t-maxx to e-Maxx conversion?

I searched the forum and can't find squat.

I have an old pro 15 I want to electric on .
    (Also have a 3.3 that's been upgraded to who knows where)

Really just need a way to mount the bl motor and battery I believe?

Been told by many people traxxas use to have a parts list for this type of transformation. Traxxas support said no

RC Qualifier
    I know of two places I have seen links and videos from myelectrictmaxx and how2rc.im kinda interested in doing a conversion myself, but Iím still doin FB research myself. Hopefully someone else here has some info.

RC poster
    I really can't see why I would buy an x-Maxx when these guys I own can do the job.

If I sell these I would buy a 2wd stampede and convert it to bl system myself but I don't like throwing things away

I do hope someone has some helpful answers too

RC Qualifier
    Both of those sites and others all seem to agree, you need to convert to the single speed transmission when you go electric, which makes sense.
    I have a 2wd stampede I got precisely because someone else was throwing things away. I got some batteries for nothing and traded them for brushed stampede. I plan on converting it to BL.
    Furthermore, the only thing keeping me from conver to of my TMaxx is that it still runs fine and I don’t want to “throw away” the nitro drive train.

RC Enthusiast
    The way I converted my Traxxas S-Maxx to a E-Maxx and I did is disassembled it and bought the E-Maxx tub chassis, motor mount plate, brushless motor combo and during that time I reuse the parts that was on a S-Maxx and basically it took a little awhile to figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk