Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Well, finally started the upgrade for the number-one-truck. This was my first E-MAXX - it is a 3905. The Traxxas E-MAXX became my preference above other R.C.'s. The top pic was how it looked after it's first aftermarket purchase - a new body. The last pic is how it looks now. The aluminum chassis will be anodized black to begin the brushless upgrade process.
    Last edited by maximum; 05-01-2017 at 10:04 PM.

Working on the # one truck upgrades still. Researching diffs again for the FLM hybrid chassis cases. Requires a bit more looking than preciously.
    Last edited by maximum; 07-14-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Well, as soon I discover another process to upload more pics, I will show pictures of the progress for number 1&2 FLM upgraded trucks - plus the V-MAXX chassis build. It has been loads of fun you'll!
    Last edited by maximum; 10-02-2017 at 07:02 PM.

We have moved to California and the hobby has been elevated in me; cause' the terrain has many options. Also looking for hobby shops in the area.
    Last edited by maximum; 11-06-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Interesting thing since being in NorCal: there has been many R. C. stores closing in the region. Will have to go on line still for parts like I did in the Mid-West. Oh well, it's a fun hobby not a living though. Still making progress on the upgrades and will be posting more pics.
    Last edited by maximum; 09-28-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Looking forward to posting these upgrades, cause there are two: but, a third E-MAXX is built from scratch. I'm looking for those brushless-combos like I was from the very beginning of this post! Still having fun though with the Traxxas' E-MAXX!
    Last edited by maximum; 06-02-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Still looking to post pics, so far without success
    Last edited by maximum; 07-03-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Well, here are some pics of the number one E-Maxx upgrade and rebuild:

Last edited by maximum; 07-09-2019 at 11:55 PM.

Okay, here is the number two E-Maxx rebuild which was posted:

HERE IS THE NUMBER TWO E-MAXX UPGRADE AND REBUILD NOW:

It has been a while before these pics could be posted. However, more pics to come which influenced the third build from scratch! Thanks Traxxas for making the original E-MAXXs!! I AM A E-MAXX FAN in these fun hobby.
    Last edited by maximum; 07-10-2019 at 12:03 AM.

Finally have some updates pics and here they are for the V-MAXX chassis build:

Fun build so far ya'll:

Just have to add the right brushless motor combo now! By the way, for all that are interested - I am an E-Maxx fan.
    Last edited by maximum; 07-10-2019 at 09:28 PM.

I have been researching and having fun still. These are E-MAXXs, to me it's enjoyable still!:

Boy, these upgrades have been a lot of fun! Not finished yet though. Thank you again and again - Traxxas!
    Last edited by maximum; 07-19-2019 at 10:43 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Man these are impressive, I would be scared to run one and damage it. I would be interested in a weight total of one of these when your done just for curiosity, awesome job.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Man these are impressive, I would be scared to run one and damage it. I would be interested in a weight total of one of these when your done just for curiosity, awesome job.
    Hey Rain Dawg!

Your weight question is also one of the research directives I've had to do. I've talked to a major manufacture of brushless-combos regarding the weight issue. Yes, they provided the information. With all the non-Traxxas upgrades I've purchased, I yet had fun building so far cause' info has been provided.

These E-MAXX builds became an alternative, not to Traxxas only, but to me. I use be founder and president of a car-club in California: that's why this E-MAXX hobby has been so much fun for me as well.

I said this multiple times; "I am an E-MAXX fan" which is due to Traxxas' overall design of their E-MAXX R. C. Monster Truck!

Last edited by maximum; 07-20-2019 at 03:07 PM.

RC poster
    Sorry guys Iím new here and had a question about my E maxx , itís obviously the 3905 , but itís brushed with the 14v twin 550 titans , I was thinking about upgrading my transmitter to the TQI link unit , but unsure of exactly whatís needed, I know the transmitter, receiver, the link adapter for the back of the transmitter, and Iím not sure if anything else is needed, and also will the receiver be waterproof or does it fit under the case like the 1 thatís currently in it to make it waterproof, also whatís needed for channel options on the transmitter and receiver, Iím mean a 2,3,5 channel ! Any and all info is greatly appreciated ! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stack View Post
    Sorry guys I’m new here and had a question about my E maxx , it’s obviously the 3905 , but it’s brushed with the 14v twin 550 titans , I was thinking about upgrading my transmitter to the TQI link unit , but unsure of exactly what’s needed, I know the transmitter, receiver, the link adapter for the back of the transmitter, and I’m not sure if anything else is needed, and also will the receiver be waterproof or does it fit under the case like the 1 that’s currently in it to make it waterproof, also what’s needed for channel options on the transmitter and receiver, I’m mean a 2,3,5 channel ! Any and all info is greatly appreciated ! Thanks
    Hi Stack!

I am looking for similar answers to your questions. I trust someone will assist you (us) with these questions.

RC Qualifier
    Ok guy's I hope this is what you were asking for. You need the 6533 receiver with blue tooth module and 6528 tx and no it's not water proof, it needs to go in the receiver box.Then you will need the (6521 long) or (6523 short) temp and volt sensors with the 6535 to secure the temp sensor to the motor. The 6541 is required unless unless you solder directly to the red esc battery wire. If you want speed and rpm you will need (6520 long) or (6522 short) and depending on which rig your installing on you might need this also 6537 which attaches to the spur gear cover and 6538 that mounts to the spur gear.

Read the receiver it says where to connect volts and rpm and I put the red power tap connector inside my receiver box so it stays water proof not outside like the video shows. I hope this helps.

2ch - ch1's steering
    ch2 - esc
    ch3 - fans or whatever
    ch4 - fans or whatever
    ch5 - fans or whatever

I know this is for the slash but the procedure is pretty universal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26ZSgDqwQQ

Ok guy's I hope this is what you were asking for. You need the 6533 receiver with blue tooth module and 6528 tx and no it's not water proof, it needs to go in the receiver box.Then you will need the (6521 long) or (6523 short) temp and volt sensors with the 6535 to secure the temp sensor to the motor. The 6541 is required unless unless you solder directly to the red esc battery wire. If you want speed and rpm you will need (6520 long) or (6522 short) and depending on which rig your installing on you might need this also 6537 which attaches to the spur gear cover and 6538 that mounts to the spur gear.

Read the receiver it says where to connect volts and rpm and I put the red power tap connector inside my receiver box so it stays water proof not outside like the video shows. I hope this helps.

2ch - ch1's steering
    ch2 - esc
    ch3 - fans or whatever
    ch4 - fans or whatever
    ch5 - fans or whatever

I know this is for the slash but the procedure is pretty universal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26ZSgDqwQQ
    Thanks Rain Dawg!

You've helped me to recall what I had forgotten regarding one of those builds. I had purchased a receiver, I think, late last year or earlier this year. I trust this information will also assist Stack as well!
    Last edited by maximum; 07-22-2019 at 10:13 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by maximum View Post
    Thanks Rain Dawg!

You've helped me to recall what I had forgotten regarding one of those builds. I had purchased a receiver, I think, late last year or earlier this year. I trust this information will also assist Stack as well!
    No problem, looking forward to seeing the finished projects. Thanks goes to guy's like you and all the rest of the Emaxx owners who post and keep this truck alive.

Thumbs up

No problem, looking forward to seeing the finished projects. Thanks goes to guy's like you and all the rest of the Emaxx owners who post and keep this truck alive.
    Rain Dawg,

Yep! The E-MAXX has been more fun, than a negative challenge, regarding progression in this Traxxas hobby. The popularity of the E-MAXX being manufactured (over the years with it's various upgrades) produced many after market parts to continue this monster truck's production by hobbyist. I think that may say something about the numerous people who purchased the Traxxas E-MAXX - due it's popularity.
    Last edited by maximum; 07-23-2019 at 11:44 PM.

Okay - I know - many pictures, but it's an E-MAXX. That's why there are so many pics. This is E-MAXX #1 (my first upgrade for the 3905) being posted. Yes - Traxxas has inspired me!

Last edited by maximum; 07-24-2019 at 06:02 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Very impressive, what tires are you looking to run with this?

Rain Dawg, here's a picture of them prior to this last upgrade. Still looking at others as well to make this r. c.'s weight even less. However, this is a monster truck, so that’s why a certain brushless motor combo is an assignment as well. I like the E-MAXX monster trucks

Last edited by maximum; 07-24-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Additional pics of the #1 3905 upgrade:

This build has been fun - too!
    Last edited by maximum; 07-25-2019 at 12:28 AM.

More pics of the V-MAXX chassis build. The E-MAXX, as I said before in this forum, is much fun!

Last edited by maximum; 08-09-2019 at 06:38 PM.

V-MAXX and E-MAXX is synonymous to me; cause' this is a chassis for E-MAXX:

Comma', it's obvious who inspired these builds: TRAXXAS E-MAXX.

Working on these builds! A few years ago, I enhanced a certain vehicle I drove and assisted others in our car-club for auto shows. I was a privileged president of that car-club. One of the reasons I'm having fun with the Traxxas R. C. builds. Thank again Traxxas' for your E-MAXX!!
    Last edited by maximum; 08-09-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Oops and please forgive the typo errors. I 'm so focused on posting the builds!

RC Qualifier
    I never get tired of looking at your builds, they are awesome at all levels keep them coming.

I never get tired of looking at your builds, they are awesome at all levels keep them coming.
    Oh, thank you RAIN DAWG for your receptivity of these versions of the E-MAXX builds - appreciated!
    Last edited by maximum; 08-09-2019 at 11:49 PM.

Well - yet still upgrading Truck #1 and #2

I figured it out; hmm - all three E-MAXXs must have the same wheelie bars regarding this fun Traxxas hobby. Now, I can use all the original parts to rebuild the stock E-MAXXs. To me that's fun too! Okay, now remain E-MAXX FANS all of you in this forum. This is still one of the best R. C. Monster trucks ... period!
    Last edited by maximum; 09-09-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Whew! It's been a few years accepting and supporting the E-MAXX and I'm still having fun ya'll!

Okay, the MAXX is another nice R. C. Monster Truck via Traxxas. It's smaller, and a very small, similar version of the X-MAXX. However, I still like the Traxxas E-MAXX. I know there has to be more individuals that are yet interested in the E-MAXX. (Just my opinion-however)
    Last edited by maximum; 10-28-2019 at 01:25 AM.

Still building and upgrading. And - yep - still having E-MAXX fun. These parts were fun to install too.
    Last edited by maximum; 12-01-2019 at 03:19 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234