Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Max, Man you got my head spinning....LoL x2.... dreaming up and researching the next build..... Been studying your pics of the dual steering bellcranks and been running it through my head all day. Since you're experienced in that section and me not able to get my hands on the toys for the next couple days. A couple questions........

1. The bar the tie rods connect to the bellcranks with....would it be needed or could the tie rods be connected directly to the bellcranks? Probably need a longer tie rod then?

2. The adjusting bar between the servo horns would that be needed?

Just wondering if it were all separate it would let the servos function easier with less resistance and the steering would be enhanced/quicker. Did you try any of this?
    Last edited by mudbug85603; 05-13-2015 at 07:13 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Mudbug: that adjustment bar was necessary to synch the servos so they would not work against one another or independent of each other: but, assist each other. I think this is one of the main purposes of having two. Otherwise, there would be a need to upgrade to a more powerful servo. That is my opinion. I am open to more info however.
    Last edited by maximum; 05-13-2015 at 11:12 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Ok Thanks.....
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it

FLM Diffs question. What is the benefit of going with the 1/8 diff bulks rather than FLM part # 10200 and 10300 diffs which accept the stock gearing from the MAXX? Thanks for your help in advance. http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...ode=0&showt=on
    Last edited by maximum; 05-14-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Well - Got my answer from another thread. Thanks!

I have noticed different gearing in my research. When converting to 1/8 scale diffs F/R to work with FLM 1/8 hybrids, which is best Ofna Hyper 7 tq diff spur 43t - 56t etc.?
    Last edited by maximum; 05-18-2015 at 07:27 PM.

New pics of old-school bodies!
    Last edited by maximum; 06-23-2015 at 07:07 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Those babies are very nice man!
    We are all one race. The human race.

Thanks G-Rustler! I enjoy the hobby. It's relaxing!

New pictures of mods on old school bods.

I have been playing around with some body modifications to go with the updates to come for the brushless systems. I did not like the black fenders on the silver and black truck, so I made a change. I added the Axial fenders to the blue and silver truck as well. Speed without looks are conflicting to me. Hope you like the new mods on the bods!
    Last edited by maximum; 07-19-2015 at 04:51 PM.

After much research and advice from the thread; I have decided on the following brushless combos for the two trucks:
    1 Team Associated 2200 kv Dynamic 8 motor/iX8-2 ESC
    2 Team Orion Vortex VST2 Pro 690 4P 2100 kv motor/Vortex R8 Pro X Extreme ESC

I know it is a different trend, however, the fun is in the research and build. Thanks again everyone for your help.

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    dang man, more people should tune in! this is one awesome build. heck man, those bodies look absolutely greaaat. seems like you also found out about the metal geared servo mod for the 2075
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

Thanks Jelle 318. I picked up the knowledge for the metal gears, for the servos, on the E-Maxx brushless thread. Both trucks have been a work in progress and I have enjoyed the build.

i checked on another thread - does anyone know anything about the Mamba Monster X ESC? I heard there were a few upgrades.

Does anyone know anything about the Mamba Monster X ESC? I've heard there were a few upgrades. I also heard the cogging challenge was resolved. Can someone help me with this question?

I finally got my answer regarding to the above question. Castle improved the bec, and the esc can run both sensored and sensorless motors. Big improvement

Merry Christmas everyone!

Enjoy your New Year! May it be the best year - you have had - so far! By the way - still working on those ESC and motor upgrades. They are different I know and I am looking forward to discussing them on the forum. Still researching and then "The Purchase".

Okay everyone, I have a couple of questions about the drivetrains on my trucks. They were purchased in 2009. They are both E-MAXX 3095's. Are the transmissions (center diffs) and front and rear diffs on the latest brushless 3908's the same as the 2009 3905's? Thanks for your help!

As far as i know, they are all the same except for the 3906 trannies of course and none of them include center diffs from the factory. You can install a center diff in any of them as long as its a single speed.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

Thanks MaXXL! I was not sure because of the latest QUICK FEATURES ON E-MAXX BRUSHLESS EDITION (#39087-3)
    Last edited by maximum; 03-16-2016 at 08:49 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Love them tires on the silver chassis. Do you happen to know the torque and speed specs on the servos you installed?
    And thanks for the heads up on the two bellcranks. I am swapping my old 3906 chassis for the longer wheel base 3905 (was always the idea of all aluminum, but I am too harsh on my truck!) for the length and two servos and was going to use two bellcranks but thought, what the heck for. I will use the others I bought for some rear steering, maybe. Now I know for sure what for.

The servo's are Traxxas 2075s used on the Brushless Edition. They are working just fine. However, i do see a few upgrades on the threads.

Here's your specs OldMaxx!

Waterproof Digital Servo

• 125 oz-in torque
    • Transit time 0.17 sec/60

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by maximum View Post
    Here's your specs OldMaxx!

Waterproof Digital Servo

• 125 oz-in torque
    • Transit time 0.17 sec/60
    Thanks. I ended up order some that advertised something like 200oz, 0.16sec at 6.0 volts. False advertising as they sent me TowerPro MG996R and specs I found for them are far less... plus three out of yhe four I got dont work proper

No problem OldMaxx. Too bad about the false advertisement. it's refund time - yes?
    Last edited by maximum; 03-26-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Here are some pics of recent upgrades:

The black and silver Bronco was upgraded with Proline's Trencher X tires and F-11 1/2 inch offset wheels. i also polished my motor housings. The blue and silver Bronco was entered into Reader's Ride contest months ago and I was honored to win: so, I submitted the silver and black truck this month. i am still working toward my brushless systems. The fun for me is in the build!
    Last edited by maximum; 06-17-2016 at 04:52 PM.

RC Competitor
    beautiful trucks

Thanks Simonbrushless! I enjoy the hobby. It seems the EMAXX has a lot of optional parts, that's why I am grateful to have two trucks to research the various parts.
    Last edited by maximum; 06-18-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Well, it happened! The Black and Silver Bronco was selected Reader's Ride of the week here in the month of June. I am thankful to be selected for the second time. The E-MAXX has so many after-market options. Yes, I am selling the EMAXX to all the visitors of this forum. Yes, I am bias! Thank you Traxxas for this particular scale of monster truck.
    Last edited by maximum; 06-26-2016 at 04:09 PM.

It's time to start upgrading my # one truck. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I would upgrade to a FLM chassis, but went with RC Monster's V-Maxx. Long process and still having fun with the two builds.

RC Qualifier
    Love that chassis the battery box is spot on

Looks like this is going to be a fun build!
    Now it's a matter of which upgrades; with the exceptions of the former ones.

I agree with you Sypsp. It will certainly lower the center of gravity; which will help the truck's performance. I like that fact the chassis height is still the same from the ground as well. I prefer the monster truck look.

I have been researching for "THE BEST" diffs for the FLM 1/8th hybrid diffs case for my two trucks. I understand there are many options , not sure what is the best. The trucks will have 2200 Castle motor and Orion VST2 Pro 690 4P 2100 kv motor (with Mamba Monster 'X" ESC and Team Orion Vortex R8 Pro X ESC's.) What would the best diffs to match the motor and esc outputs? Side note: I enjoy the build! That's were the fun is for me. Thanks for your assistance in advance.
    Last edited by maximum; 09-07-2016 at 12:45 PM.

Is there someone that can help with the above question before I purchase the diffs. The right diffs will assure me of both trucks durability. Thank you again for your help; it is appreciated.

Just ordered the FLM Hybrid Bulks and looking for the best 1/8 differentials for this build.

RC Qualifier
    I have hpi savage diff in mine with a kyosho pinion in it, but there are others, hopefully others will write

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...psde1fd3e3.jpg

Perhpse this will work
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-09-2016 at 08:49 AM. Reason: merge

Thanks Sypsp! I was just researching spider gears!

More pics of the RCM build - so far. Researching 1/8 scale diff gears now.

Have another question. How are the 1/8 diffs gears going to affect a stock E-Maxx transmission? The transmission is from 3905, 3903 or 3908.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-09-2016 at 08:50 AM. Reason: merge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast