Thread: E-Maxx Opinions

RC Qualifier

E-Maxx Opinions

Looking at getting a brushless monster truck as my brushless Summit isn't fit for the purpose. I've looked at a few different brands and watched some reviews and brought the choices down to an E-Maxx. I plan to be running 4S.
    How durable are these cars?
    Do they need many upgrades?
    What upgrade options are available in the way of drivetrain?
    Cheers.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    Stock emaxx isn't the most durable truck but with some upgrades they can be made quite durable.
    How one holds up depends a lot on how you run it. 6s will tear up a stock maxx pretty quick if you run it hard.
    The plastic chassis braces, skid plates, and bulks are some of the weak spots.
    The rpm suspension and towers and even the rpm bulks are great upgrades.
    running 4s the stock diffs should hold up for quite a while depending on your driving.
    The traxxas cvds and center cvds are a great upgrade over the stock plastic shafts.
    flm makes hybrid bulks that allow you to use the stronger 1/8th scale diffs.
    That's a few things I can think of quick. hope this helps

Everything EMB said are very popular upgrades but if you're planning to run 4s I would highly suggest waiting to see what you break before putting a ton of money into aftermarket parts. On my EMBE I use the Traxxas alum bulks and have left the arms stock without issue, just the occasional breakage. The factory drive shafts have held up well also, occasional failure but nothing too bad.

Put the initial investment into some extra batteries.

Good advice.to the op usually weak links are chassis, bulks, shocks, driveshafts.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    Everything EMB said are very popular upgrades but if you're planning to run 4s I would highly suggest waiting to see what you break before putting a ton of money into aftermarket parts. On my EMBE I use the Traxxas alum bulks and have left the arms stock without issue, just the occasional breakage. The factory drive shafts have held up well also, occasional failure but nothing too bad.

Put the initial investment into some extra batteries.
    I only plan to use 4S, so if the drivetrain holds up as well as the ERBE then I should be alright. I already have 6x 2S LiPos..

Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    Stock emaxx isn't the most durable truck but with some upgrades they can be made quite durable.
    How one holds up depends a lot on how you run it. 6s will tear up a stock maxx pretty quick if you run it hard.
    The plastic chassis braces, skid plates, and bulks are some of the weak spots.
    The rpm suspension and towers and even the rpm bulks are great upgrades.
    running 4s the stock diffs should hold up for quite a while depending on your driving.
    The traxxas cvds and center cvds are a great upgrade over the stock plastic shafts.
    flm makes hybrid bulks that allow you to use the stronger 1/8th scale diffs.
    That's a few things I can think of quick. hope this helps
    6S power won't be used in this truck unless I buy some 3S batteries which is unlikely and if I did it wouldn't be until 1/8 scale driveline upgrades..

Thanks for the info guys.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    The maxx is a beast. 4s is all you need IMO. Love my maxx. Gear it right and watch temps.
    I run 3.2 tires and rpm stablemaxx wheels and summit axles.Geared 20/68.
    I get about 40min of run time on spc 2s 6500s.

RC poster
    Agree with EMB and I'll add: ROBINSON RACING GEN 3 slipper clutch and gears with 4s will help with torque breakage, these are fun trucks but definitely need to spend additional $300 - $500 in aftermarket parts to help bullet proof or you'll be constantly fixing broken parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC poster
    Oh...roll cage as well, these crashes and flips, the roll cage is priceless! RC raven has them for $40 cheap insurance!