RC Qualifier

1/16 Mini Maxx Build Completed Pictures

I started off this project at the end of February and did not anticipate it evolving into an undertaking of this size. With the addition of the Big Joe II 2.2’s along with the desperado wheels and Ford Raptor body not only does this 1/16 scale have the look of the Monster Truck, it’s performance is superb. I have used the Trencher tires on most of my other builds and I have become very fond of them, their performance and handling are top notch. But the new Big Joes for the 2.2’s are just amazing. They dramatically change the appearance of the truck with their shear size and the traction and overall handling characteristics are as good if not better then the Trencher tires. The people at Pro-Line definitely now what they are doing when it comes to making great products! They do require a little bit of a break in period once installed as the first couple of runs they seemed a little stiffer then anticipated and the truck had a tendency to bounce around a bit, but once they were driven for a short while their ability to absorb impacts and their handling performance is incredible. The Pro-Line Raptor body has been painted with Florescent orange paint and backed with black to tone the overall color down; on the hood and the bed area I have added Automotive Carbon fiber film, I am very happy with the outcome of the build.
    ][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG]][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Aspengt; 05-24-2014 at 06:37 AM.

RC Champion
    That's pretty cool mate. Looks great. Very nice job.You should put it beside a full scale one and take a pic to really see the size difference.

nice project.congrats, you should do a more detailed build thread, what diffs, bulks did you use..

RC Champion
    Very nice. Like EMAXXBRUSHLESS said a pic next to full size maxx would be cool.

RC Qualifier
    As requested! Here are the comparison pics of my full size E-maxx and the Mini Maxx.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    nice project.congrats, you should do a more detailed build thread, what diffs, bulks did you use..
    See the build thread here: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-16-Mini-Emaxx

That's amazing fabrication work dude and a sick little beast dude......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC poster
    I think this whole website would be blown away if you put this side by side to an X Maxx. That would be over the line awesome