RC poster

Please Help With Transmitter Menu

Ok, what are all the programming options for the aux1 and aux2 buttons. I know how to set them for single, triple, and more flips, but what are all those other numbers that show up if you keep pressing either aux switch. I've seen L1, L2, and others. Could a Traxxas rep please create a FAQ the describes ALL the settings, instead of the bare minimum? I'd love to see a thorough pdf document on the website, not just the forum.

Please help

RC poster
    Did you check out those thorough PDFs?

RC poster
    Ben, thanks for your reply.

Yes I have downloaded every PDF and the only one that mentions aux1 and aux2 are related to the number of flips. None of them tell me what L1, L2, etc. do with function. I love this quad, and I'm chicken to try them without documentation. I know how durable it is, but don't want to ruin it. I suspect L might mean lights. Thanks again.

L1 turns the LED lights on and off. L2 I believe is used for one of the accessories like the light bar or camera.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    scroll down to post #9... Propsmoke explains what every option is for
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-AUX-1-feature
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC Enthusiast
    Here ya go

RC Enthusiast

RC Enthusiast

Traxxas Employee
    L2 mode illuminates the high side of the quad based on user input.

Note that L2 is 3-state: tilt based->Press L2->all on->press L2->all off->press L2->tilt based

To see how L2 works power everything on, set an aux button for L2, and set the quad on the ground, Arm (press the left stick) the quad but give it no throttle, now move the flight (right) stick. Observe the leg lights.

The accessory is controlled by the A1 and A2 settings.

RC poster
    Everyone,

Many thanks for completely clearing this up! I now have L2 set up on Aux2 and love the toggling for the lights. I backed off Aux1 to a single flip after experimenting with the triple. I had no problems with the triple, but I felt it was a bit too much until I get more experienced. Virtually all of my flights have been with the quad facing forward, so now it's time to face the quad towards me and start getting used to reversing the stick action except the throttle, and of course, my brain!

Thanks again.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyB-Retired View Post
    now it's time to face the quad towards me and start getting used to reversing the stick action except the throttle, and of course, my brain!
    Hey Bob, You should try figure 8's. That gives you all your inputs...try it one way then the other...most of all....have fun!!!

RC poster
    Thanks Husky! It was calm enough to fly today, and it got far enough away for me to lose orientation. I simply used the throttle to keep it level and essentially did a figure 8 that was unintentional. Once I saw the blue LED I was back to normal. I'm more confident now, and will begin my brain education to start playing around with orientation.