RC Racer

First issue with my Rally

Ok actually 2 issues...

I'm using a traxxas LIPO 3s 8000 mah in my rally. After maybe 20 mins or so, full power gets cut and when I take the cover off I see the vxl3s is slowly blinking red.

2nd issue happened around same time with steering. If I accelerate without steering, it will turn on its own. But if I use remote I can turn it straight.

I was continuously spinning out for fun but would think it would be made to handle that.

Any suggestions? Hopefully nothing bad....

RC Qualifier
    Running the vxl for 20 minutes on 3s is going to be pretty tough on it, slow red is low voltage, but i'm sure the esc and motor is very hot by that point. You should be able to adjust the steering trim right from the remote, if that's not enough just remove the servo horn and re center it.

RC Racer
    Slow blinking red is low voltage detection, fast blink is thermal shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrim999 View Post
    Ok actually 2 issues...

I'm using a traxxas LIPO 3s 8000 mah in my rally. After maybe 20 mins or so, full power gets cut and when I take the cover off I see the vxl3s is slowly blinking red.

2nd issue happened around same time with steering. If I accelerate without steering, it will turn on its own. But if I use remote I can turn it straight.

I was continuously spinning out for fun but would think it would be made to handle that.

Any suggestions? Hopefully nothing bad....
    Both "issues" are normal behaviour

RC Racer
    So no one thinks I broke anything huh??

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrim999 View Post
    So no one thinks I broke anything huh??
    No. I think the esc goes into termal shutdown. Check the temps on esc and motor and get a fan for the esc and heat sink + fan for the motor if you want to stay on 3s, otherwise those parts will melt down like butter in the sun

If you accelerate hard it is also normal that the car will pull away into either direction and you have to countersteer.

RC Racer
    I can understand the esc but it turns pretty hard when I give it throttle. I'm being hopeful I didn't break anything because I don't see any damage and if I over compensate using the remote i can get it to go straight....

Remove the motor and check the hole drivetrain for binding.

Check the diffs, drive shafts, bearing, loose tires, rounded hexes...

Also check the steering for binding with servo detached.

Does is run straight when you're coasting? How about when you accelerate slowly?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...