RC poster

New Jato Owner to be.....quick question

I found a good deal on a used jato 3.3 i know its a newer model but not the newest model (at least i think so, it has the blue resonator exhaust <could be aftermarket hopup> but not the tqi tx with telemetry) the guy im buying it from says it needs "a new wire for the glow plug, the one i bought was too big, but u can get one for about $5" i kno a little about traxxas products but not much, so i was able to confirm he meant the (on a stock vehicle) the blue wire that runs from the ez start to the glow plug so i started looking online just to get a price perspective and that brought me to my question:

Do i just need the blue wire, which ive found here http://www.rcplanet.com/Traxxas_Glow...FSMQ7AodTSUAcA

Or

Do i need the entire wiring harness like this one? http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...FXRo7Aode2YAJg

I know the safest bet would be the entire wiring harness to proactively eliminate any potential problems with any of the other wires in the harness, and for $5-7 bucks thats probably what ill do but if it is possible to just buy the blue wire is it as simple as plug n go? Or would i need to solder or something else?

Thanks for any help and soon as i get my hands on her ill b sure to bring her here to show u guys wat she looks like

**Watch the language and do not use profane or offensive language here.**
    Last edited by Double G; 05-28-2014 at 10:35 PM.

It would be better to get the full harness for a few extra dollars to eliminate any other potential probs.
    I have changed just the blue wire in the past there is no soldering involved. But it's just as easy to change the whole loom at once
    Can't get enough of my Rc's

RC Champion
    Tbh, I think you should check out to make sure the yellow cable when looking at it is tightened onto the engine mount and not kinked or have any exposed wire. A new wiring harness is what I'd suggest over a new blue wire.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC poster
    Thanks for tha responses, i found a video on youtube that shows how to change the harness in its entirety and it took the guy less than 3 minutes so that made it a simple decision, i figured itd b a lot more complicated than it is! Does anyone have any advice on some mods i should look into, so far ive come across the stinger mod for the exhaust, and im def gonna put some rmp arms up front, as far as wheels n shocks go im waiting to see what he sends with the car because he listed it "with extras" but wasnt specific not looking to spend a ton on mods right out the gate but if theres something important just let me know!

RC Racer
    I like using the pro-line desperado wheels with dirt hawg tires. They come pre-assembled and balanced, just add your bearings to the front rims.They work great for an all around tire.....or badlands, but they tend to give the jato a little too much body roll during hard turns but work great for BIG jumps. Also I added a mugen air filter for better flow, and either a hump pack or lipo pack for your receiver and servos. It'll give it a little more servo authority. Oh, and most important, RPM front bumper...it has saved me a lot of grief. Good luck and have fun with it.