RC poster

Flight Problems After Crash.

Ok guys i red some old topics but i cant seem to figure out my Alias problem. Last week i had my first hard crash. And after the crash one motor stopped. Just a view seconds after that a second motor stops, and a third starts acting strange, it spins from time to time. So i thought time to buy new motors, so i bought the ones from Micro Motors. I install them but the problem was still there??

So i reset the transmitter, no effect. So i reset the accelerometer but still no effect. The Alias wont take off anymore. All four motors are spinning but not all 4 at the same time whit the same speed. One motor only starts if the throttle is around 20%. So if i take off the Alias shoot to another direction and is completely out of control. If i steer a bit the Alias reacts, but still out of control.

Another point is if i hold the Alias in my hand and slowly push the throttle to 100% the motors seems not steady. As soon if i hit the full 100% the motors seems to loose power.

Another question, how long does a accelerometer reset takes? Cause after i push the AUX2 button there is no 00 in the display. I have to pres the AUX2 button again then the 00 appears.
    Hereby i mean step 7 in the manual http://latrax.com/pdfs/6608-Alias-Ac...eter-Reset.pdf How long i have to wait after step 7?? And is the throttle set at zero while reseting?
    Last edited by Rogers; 06-05-2014 at 04:12 PM.

RC poster
    I just did the calibration, and when I press the AUX2 in the reset menu option, the two 0s appear quickly after each other. Just one AUX2 press needed. That works independent from the throttle position.
    When I do the same without plugging a battery into the copter, the two 0s keep flashing alternating.

Hope that helps..

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by benedikt View Post
    I just did the calibration, and when I press the AUX2 in the reset menu option, the two 0s appear quickly after each other. Just one AUX2 press needed. That works independent from the throttle position.
    When I do the same without plugging a battery into the copter, the two 0s keep flashing alternating.

Hope that helps..
    Hi Benedikt, nice to see you here �� and thanks for sending the motors that fast, great! Hope to fly them soon.

How was your Alias before this test calibration? I presume you didnt crash? Cause i think the calibration needs longer after a hard crash. After i pushed the AUX2 button once, nothing appears on screen.

RC poster
    Update: even after 60 minutes doing the accelerometer reset. There is no double 00 sign in the screen. I dont think this is normal??
    Last edited by Rogers; 06-06-2014 at 03:28 AM.

RC poster
    I think and i hope that i find a sollution myself. Cause when i was on the field flying my Alias, after the crash i tried to reset the accelerometer myself. I didnt had a manual whit me. So i start pushing buttons all at the same time. (yesyes im stupid i know) At some point i saw "CC"in the reset menu display. And when i pushed the AUX2 button "the "CC" switched to another position and so on. Really didnt know what it was, but that was the so calling secret stick calibration menu. So i think my sticks are all messed up at the moment. Just like me.

And to be honest i forgot i have done this. Till i red this topic on another forum:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1960

Well i have to wait till tonight after work to try this. Cause a working day when youre Alias crashed the evening before is not a working day at all!
    Last edited by Rogers; 06-06-2014 at 07:15 AM.

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogers View Post
    I think and i hope that i find a sollution myself. Cause when i was on the field flying my Alias, after the crash i tried to reset the accelerometer myself. I didnt had a manual whit me. So i start pushing buttons all at the same time. (yesyes im stupid i know) At some point i saw "CC"in the reset menu display. And when i pushed the AUX2 button "the "CC" switched to another position and so on. Really didnt know what it was, but that was the so calling secret stick calibration menu. So i think my sticks are all messed up at the moment. Just like me.

And to be honest i forgot i have done this. Till i red this topic on another forum:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1960

Well i have to wait till tonight after work to try this. Cause a working day when youre Alias crashed the evening before is not a working day at all!
    Give us a call at 1-888-TRAXXAS and we should be able to help you.

RC poster
    Well the stick calibration was the trick my Alias flies again! I have a lot learn about the tx 😊

RC poster
    Make sure you back off a little from the Alias with the transmitter. When I first tried the reset it would do anything until I moved the transmitter a few feet away from the Alais then it reset quickly. Same thing for the binding process.

Hope this helps.