RC Racer

No altitude control.

Anyone run into an issue with altitude control? Mine seems to have none. Its either climbing or falling from the sky. I give it a little throttle and it takes off and climbs. It will either climb slow with a little input and faster the more I move the stick up. But it will still climb as I slowly move the stick down. Then it reaches a point where its stops climbing and just drops. It never slowly brings down the rpm of the motors so I can bring it to a slow descent. I tried a transmitter reset and swapped transmitter batteries. No luck.

I'm kinda disappointed that my $30 cheap Chinese Alias clone actually flies better than my Alias. I started with quadcopters with a ProtoX, then a Hubsan X4. I decided I wanted to try a larger quad and bought a clone before the Alias even though I'm a fan of Traxxas and have several vehicles. I'm hoping I can get this throttle issue worked out. I'd really like to buy a second Alias for my son.
    -Mike

Two Stampede 4x4's and Two Slash 4x4's

RC Racer

No altitude control.

Nevermind.

Tried to get some video of what it was doing and lost it. It shot up and to the next couple blocks behind my house. There was little to no control. It shot up and back until is was a small dot in the sky and dropped. It was intermittently loosing front/back and side to side control as well. That might of been because of how high it was getting do to no throttle control. Went for a walk to look for it, but its either in someones back yard, tree, pool, roof or somewhere other than the street or front yards. The canopy has my phone number on it, but that is sitting in my garage on the work bench.

I did notice that the throttle would slowly rise in percentage as I would fly, but as I would try to descend, it would stay at 50%. Even with the stick all the way down. It didn't matter what percentage I was at, if I brought the stick down, it would be at 50%. So either the transmitter or main board was bad.

$149.99 Alias, $49.99 Camera and $14.99 for the SD card. All gone. $215.00 plus tax gone forever.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-19-2015 at 10:38 AM.
    -Mike

RC Qualifier
    wow... that is bad luck and sorry to hear it . I have never seen anyone report this particular issue, so cant even begin to offer any explanation why? if I had to guess... and it would only be a guess... bad speed controller on the board maybe?

it did this straight out of the box? you should really call Traxxas and tell them what happened. I don't know what they will do for you, but under the circumstances, if it did this out of the box, there is a chance for you to replace what you have lost under warranty? they wont replace the SD card obviously, but they may replace the quad and the camera?

the call is free, and you have everything to gain by trying .
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC Racer
    Yep. Straight out of the box. I'll give Traxxas a call tomorrow. I posted on our neighborhood website, "Nextdoor" to see if anyone finds it.

I didn't mention that it had a camera and memory card. I'm sure that would freak some neighbors out.
    -Mike

I feel ya. I lost my first alias on the first day. Similiar experience, it just went up and up and away.

As far as the up or down throttle, I thought it was normal. I just learned better thumb control. It levels out a lot better once your actually going forward.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !