Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: P4de build

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk411 View Post
    Are these the castor shocks you said to use fronts all the way around spennie? On page 5?
    The grey shocks are D8 shocks. The blue one is a front GTR shock. The spring on the D8 is a little stiff for the pede in one of the other pics you'll see same shock with grey springs those are the right spring rate

RC Qualifier
    And the D8's are made by who? Also do you run fronts all the way around? If you had part numbers or links that would be handy. I have troubles finding some rc stuff. So much of it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    And the D8's are made by who? Also do you run fronts all the way around? If you had part numbers or links that would be handy. I have troubles finding some rc stuff. So much of it
    Yes fronts all around. And they come off of HPI vorza buggy
    Shocks 2 sets D8-HD33
    Long rod ends HBS67820 comes in a pack of 4 only need 2 these are to make the set of shocks that you put on the rear a little longer. These shocks are 97 mm eye to eye. The long rod ends makes them around 100mm or better
    Last edited by Er33; 01-01-2015 at 01:18 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Cool. Thanks man. So thats my complete kit then. You guys are great.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Cool. Thanks man. So thats my complete kit then. You guys are great.
    Yep and some shock oil. Mine came with oil but I didn't know what weight it was so I drained it and put my own in

They are serious shocks dude and can take some crazy air time with ease if setup right...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So I'm sitting here waiting for one of my employees to show up and I'm thinking what can I do to my truck. And all kinds of things is moving around in my head So what I have is I want to do a buggy/truggy or a mini backslash lol. I came to conclusion that doing jumps at home just breaks things and since mostly what I do is race my sons trucks there's no need for a MT also I found out there's a small indoor race track in my area so I'd like to take it there a time or two. They have practice sessions and then actual race sessions. Spoke with owner asked about rules and power plants style of trucks BLAH blah blah. There's really no set rules of what can be ran there is class's though if I wanted to race. The track is small it's really not set for speed with one straight away ready is corners and jumps. I have a lot of parts already to make it stand lower. Gtr front shocks or just limit my D8 shocks. Xo1 shock towers I could convert back to tekno xo1 hybrid with protrac arms. I'd like to get a couple sets of 1/8 wheels and tires off a buggy or truggy don't know what the difference is. Hpi makes a few wheels I like for the vorza. I'd like 2 sets on road and off road. As far as bodies Im still hunting for one to make a mini backslash. Any ideas on that would be much appreciated. I took a snap shot of what it would look like with slash wheels and tires and body lowered really doesn't look to bad.
    Here's what it looks like now

And here's with slash wheels and tires

Cool idea dude it looks so much lower with those slash wheels and tireslooking forward to this new project...peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

P4de build

YES tapatalk is back no more taking pics sending it here then there then posting on the forum. Lol so I'm trying to figure how low I wanna go and the first one is as high off the ground as a 2s battery well at least front and rear bulkheads. I'm actually liking how it looks now it being this low

This one is with the handle of my hex drive a little lower

How I just need a new rims and tires

What wheels and tires do you have in mind bro or are you still doing homework on them?? Looks mean being that low....peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    What wheels and tires do you have in mind bro or are you still doing homework on them?? Looks mean being that low....peace
    Still doing homework. I like how these look I think this set is what I've seen in the slash gallery. Plus they seem to be taller then The SC wheels in the pic now and shorter then the trenchers and swampers. I think.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Big-Bloc...-/201257771279
    They have them in on road but I don't like the style tire that comes with them so on a hunt for them.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

P4de build

Finally my Xmas/bday present from my wife lol

In the picture I had the wrong balance wires connect from charger to para boards put the right ones on and everything came alive
    Now it's time to do some serious charging. This bad boy of a power supply is set up to do either 12v dc or till I get more higher cells I can switch it to 24v dc I just need to order more batteries to go with this monster of a charger
    And my new wheels and tires also came in I got 2 sets street and dirt style. Now I'm waiting on my body which should be here tomorrow I hope
    Last edited by Er33; 01-15-2015 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Finally my Xmas/bday present from my wife lol

In the picture I had the wrong balance wires connect from charger to para boards put the right ones on and everything came alive
    Now it's time to do some serious charging. This bad boy of a power supply is set up to do either 12v dc or till I get more higher cells I can switch it to 24v dc I just need to order more batteries to go with this monster of a charger
    And my new wheels and tires also came in I got 2 sets street and dirt style. Now I'm waiting on my body which should be here tomorrow I hope
    You don't mess about do you bro that charger could power my house lol and digging the trucks new shoes...peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You don't mess about do you bro that charger could power my house lol and digging the trucks new shoes...peace
    Thanks. I haven't ran them yet hopefully today or tomorrow.
    Yea I needed a charger that wouldn't take 90+ mins to charge my 3s and close to hr to charge my 2s. Total time 3.5 hrs way to long. So jimmy neutron helped me understand what I needed and what it takes to charge multiple batteries. As of now I have I have 2-3s and 4-2s. Plan on getting more 2s batteries and I dunno if I want to get 4s or 3s. I just know I'll have pleanty of batteries and plan on getting another truck for the wife she wants pink lol so I'll need batteries for it. I haven't charged a battery yet on new charger but I'm pretty sure I'll have them charged pretty fast

Nice wheels. They seem to be mounted backwards.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Nice wheels. They seem to be mounted backwards.
    Thanks. The wheels or tires?

Jimmy has a super knowledge of rc's stuff he's helped me out in the past top bloke....peace

The tires. I think the wheels have no direction.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    The tires. I think the wheels have no direction.
    Yea the tires are lol I was excited. And no the wheels don't I wish they was cause other side it's going in opposite direction

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well was able to test the tires out and lowered suspension I was doing good for awhile till it slide sideways and broke the shock shaft

I wasn't able to gps it but it's pretty fast compared to before its geared 20/38 mod1. I'm surprised on how low my temps was with this gearing. Tires was good for most part bad when I hit the sand on road

The temps being lower because less rotating mass dudewhich is always a good thing and I still say when you crash you don't mess about....peace

RC Qualifier
    i manage to bent shock shafts. stock and titanium coated but not brake like that....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by janmichael_zamora View Post
    i manage to bent shock shafts. stock and titanium coated but not brake like that....
    Yea that's first time I hit this fence and broke a shaft. Most time it bounces right off or I break an arm. Oh well I modified my d8 to keep it low Besides the springs I had on the gtrs was to stiff I need to get a set of those losi springs

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well here's how she looks now still need some more pieces to add and I need to redo the body paint

That looks fast and very cool indeed browould love to see a running video....peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That looks fast and very cool indeed browould love to see a running video....peace
    Yes it's fast. I dunno how fast though no where to mount my phone. I need a small gps. Hopefully the weather is nice next weekend I'll have my 11yr old do a video. I need to put a bumper on the front it's a little scary not having something there to give it some sort of protection.

The rpm bumper would look sweet on the front and it reminds me of jangs shape shifter projects....peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The rpm bumper would look sweet on the front and it reminds me of jangs shape shifter projects....peace
    It would look nice. My oldest son has me rebuilding his truck into a gt8. Lol he was looking at rc's on the web and saw cars he liked and I researched it and they was made out of the rally chassis. So the 9 yr old wants one too. I got one built well waiting on bodies and front bumpers. I haven't decided if I want to turn my truck into one yet either. Guess I'll wait to see how these turn out

What 17mm hex wheels you got on, and tires?, ver nice indeed.
    Do the wings really help on the down ward force, some of the guys at my track seem t think that the wings we got on the rebe and other are just too small to have eny effect at all.
    I would like to put one on every truck I got, I dig them.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    What 17mm hex wheels you got on, and tires?, ver nice indeed.
    Do the wings really help on the down ward force, some of the guys at my track seem t think that the wings we got on the rebe and other are just too small to have eny effect at all.
    I would like to put one on every truck I got, I dig them.
    The wheels and tires I found them the site I believe is the band site from China. But all I did was got on ebay and searched 1/8 buggy wheels and all kinds of stuff pops up. A week ago or so I did find these wheels on a site that isn't band and I'm trying to find it again cause they had some nice wheels and I need a few more sets. If I find them again I'll let you know. As for the wing its off a hpi vorza its a 1/8 scale wing. As for the down force I don't know lol I haven't drove my truck without it after lowering it and with this body.

RC Qualifier
    Er33. What shock springs have you tried on your D8's so far? I want to go to a longer spring in the rear for sure. I think I want to keep spring rate around the same as grey springs. I have my pre load dialed down 3/4 on the rear just to prevent bottom out at a 4 foot drop, around half down on front. Im happy with spring rate so hopefully going longer with allow me to not run my pre load so tight. I want to use less pre load for normal running but then when I need more pre load I have it. Right now I dont have much to play with. Do you order your springs through hpi?

Also I have saw someone use different spring cups. They were thinner allowing the spring to set lower on the shock end. Not sure if im spelling it Right but "koyosho"??? Anyways cant find that info now, you know what they are called?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Er33. What shock springs have you tried on your D8's so far? I want to go to a longer spring in the rear for sure. I think I want to keep spring rate around the same as grey springs. I have my pre load dialed down 3/4 on the rear just to prevent bottom out at a 4 foot drop, around half down on front. Im happy with spring rate so hopefully going longer with allow me to not run my pre load so tight. I want to use less pre load for normal running but then when I need more pre load I have it. Right now I dont have much to play with. Do you order your springs through hpi?

Also I have saw someone use different spring cups. They were thinner allowing the spring to set lower on the shock end. Not sure if im spelling it Right but "koyosho"??? Anyways cant find that info now, you know what they are called?
    I haven't ran different springs. I have the Orange, greys for the shocks that are fronts all around. Then I ordered the long 112mm shocks that can with white springs. And they are too long for the rears so I limited them to like 108mm. As for the springs I just ordered another set off ebay. I got the part number from hpi and searched on ebay. Have you looked on hpi site they have 60mm springs which is what the grey ones are then there's 68mm springs. And for the kyosho cups I haven't seen any that allows the spring to sit up more then what's already there. I have seen the lower cups that allows the spring to sit lower which was hard to find again. I also ordered a set of those

RC Qualifier
    What do think of running the 68mm springs on the 97mm shocks? Keep rates close to the 74gf.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What do think of running the 68mm springs on the 97mm shocks? Keep rates close to the 74gf.
    You could run them with no problems. Either the yellow or the red ones.

RC Qualifier
    Er33 the truck looks cool, i agree with spennie we need to see a running video.

I've seen some that use a t-bone front bumper flipped over for speed runs, it looks pretty good

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-07-2015 at 07:25 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by billyg900 View Post
    Er33 the truck looks cool, i agree with spennie we need to see a running video.

I've seen some that use a t-bone front bumper flipped over for speed runs, it looks pretty good

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Thanks bro. Weather was nice today. So I threw in 6s lol big mistake couldn't keep th effort end down. Need something to push it down plus tires balloon bad. 4s they still did but not bad. In the video you can hear the tires balloon. Third pass you can hear it really good. I need to remove tires and do the belting mod. Gorilla tape doesn't last for me. This isn't a good video I'll make another one before I transform it to a rally gt. Like what's I did to my sons slash in second video

Got close to curb

More to come

RC Racer
    I srill run the gaurds with the sway bar,i think they still provide protection.
    Hey kid that's not a toy!!

RC Qualifier
    Would you ever try a 76mm grey spring with the kyosho lowered cups? Think that would be to much? My pede is heavy with the 8th scale electronics and revo spec drive train. Im also going to run 3.8" f-11's with badlands. 3&4s 5500+ mah batteries. Heavy. Yours must be heavy too? If softer 76mm springs arent a good idea ill go with the red 68mm and play with my oil. Any idea what weight oil came in the 97mm d8's? What do you recommend for a weight oil to use as a starting point. Straight bashing

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Would you ever try a 76mm grey spring with the kyosho lowered cups? Think that would be to much? My pede is heavy with the 8th scale electronics and revo spec drive train. Im also going to run 3.8" f-11's with badlands. 3&4s 5500+ mah batteries. Heavy. Yours must be heavy too? If softer 76mm springs arent a good idea ill go with the red 68mm and play with my oil. Any idea what weight oil came in the 97mm d8's? What do you recommend for a weight oil to use as a starting point. Straight bashing
    I dunno if I'd run the 76mm springs. The orange 76mm is same rate as the 60mm greys. I'll show you a pic difference of a 76 and a 60. I have both. Once my kyosho parts tree comes in with lower shock ends and lowered spring retainer I'll see how well the 76mm springs fit. Hopefully they show up monday or Tuesday

As for shock oil I don't know what came in them to begin with I dumped it all out ran 30wt in them didn't like it so I now have 70wt. And seems better

RC Qualifier
    Are you putting this in your rocket ship pede or are off road basher?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast