Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: P4de build

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Thanks bro. Thats built with a pede chassis. The only person I know of who built a black backslash was humaray and he used the lcg chassis. And that blue and black car on the left. He cut the front end off and used it up front
    Now that I think about it, it did have a front splitter body that looks like that blue/black car on the left. Awesome looking cars you got there Er33

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Penduko View Post
    Now that I think about it, it did have a front splitter body that looks like that blue/black car on the left. Awesome looking cars you got there Er33
    Thanks.
    Hopefully I'll have my new one built next week.

RC Racer
    Thanks.
    Hopefully I'll have my new one built next week.
    That's cool, keep the build going

I found that BackSlash on-road
    http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...speedster.html

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Penduko View Post
    That's cool, keep the build going

I found that BackSlash on-road
    http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...speedster.html
    Yep that's the one. I tried to look back on his build thread in the rally section but those pics are all deleted.

RC Qualifier
    http://www.rcshox.com/losi-3-0-2-stage-trifex/

Thought id post again in your thread about shock upgrades. Was browsing rcshox web site again and saw Marcus has released a new set of pistons that we can use in our D8 shocks. They are called dual stage tri flex. Here is Marcus' s reply from when I asked him the difference between these tri flex and the 2nd gens.

"The newer ones are optimized for med to high grip where as the others are better in loose blown out conditions. The trifex do not have as much hard pack as the NG. The ones I sent you, so they have triangular cut outs in the upper piston" Marcus Williams

Might better give them a try in my 2nd set of D8's. Ill be well versed in suspension for any condition.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk411 View Post
    http://www.rcshox.com/losi-3-0-2-stage-trifex/

Thought id post again in your thread about shock upgrades. Was browsing rcshox web site again and saw Marcus has released a new set of pistons that we can use in our D8 shocks. They are called dual stage tri flex. Here is Marcus' s reply from when I asked him the difference between these tri flex and the 2nd gens.

"The newer ones are optimized for med to high grip where as the others are better in loose blown out conditions. The trifex do not have as much hard pack as the NG. The ones I sent you, so they have triangular cut outs in the upper piston" Marcus Williams

Might better give them a try in my 2nd set of D8's. Ill be well versed in suspension for any condition.

So the triangle shaped ones are new? I thought I saw those when you was talking about them awhile ago

RC Qualifier
    Just going to verify that. I did not see these when I purchased mine. And now I cant find the new gen for the losi 3.0? Email sent ill verify when I hear back. Either way im ordering the ones I dont have for the spares. Remember I said I ordered the competition suspension square v port pistons? Well my lhs messed up and never ordered them. now that ive tried these dual stage im going to stick with rcshox. Also ordered the tlr tiNi shafts today. Yee hah. Let ya know when i know

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just going to verify that. I did not see these when I purchased mine. And now I cant find the new gen for the losi 3.0? Email sent ill verify when I hear back. Either way im ordering the ones I dont have for the spares. Remember I said I ordered the competition suspension square v port pistons? Well my lhs messed up and never ordered them. now that ive tried these dual stage im going to stick with rcshox. Also ordered the tlr tiNi shafts today. Yee hah. Let ya know when i know
    Yeah my fault it was these I saw. Not the ones you posted by reading what you said it sounded like these.
    http://www.rcshox.com/srx-trifex-2-s...ons-basic-kit/

RC Qualifier
    Verified tri flex are the newest ones. Not making the new gen anymore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Verified tri flex are the newest ones. Not making the new gen anymore
    So did you order a set of the new ones also. And did you get your TiNi shafts in yet

RC Qualifier
    I just got the tri flex in the mail yesterday. I have the shafts. Im hoping to pick up the new springs today. Likely wont beable to assemble for a week or so. Trying to get my garden put in this weekend, well the early veggies anyways. Still got snow and ice in the swamps here. Crazy man

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I just got the tri flex in the mail yesterday. I have the shafts. Im hoping to pick up the new springs today. Likely wont beable to assemble for a week or so. Trying to get my garden put in this weekend, well the early veggies anyways. Still got snow and ice in the swamps here. Crazy man
    Wow snow and ice still. Looks like we'll wait and see till all that crap is gone lol

RC Qualifier
    Things have been quiet on the rc front for a few weeks. So I had few minutes here this afternoon. I took my stock D8's with red 68mm springs off the rig. I removed retainers and springs then finally I was able to hand test compare the stock d8 againts the modified d8's. I only have the rcshox white 2 stage new gens' s assembled right now. Stock shafts serpent bladders and 30/35 oil in them. Have to get a 1mm driver to tighten the cap down on the tri flex pistons, serpent bladders and tlr shaft combos so havent had them available to compare yet. So anyways about the differences between stock D8 and modified d8 #1 With no springs, just testing rebound with dual stage pistons and serpent bladders. Incredible, stock d8 felt like garbage. Felt like bladder was collapsed and took like 10 seconds to rebound. New gen dual stage pistons with stock shaft and serpent bladders. Bladder felt strong on compression and they rebounded ultra quick. Cant wait to use them. Really cant wait for the tri flex pistons/serpents/tlr tiNi shafts, better yet cant wait to test them with new springs on rrig
    Last edited by dirk411; 05-09-2015 at 06:32 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Things have been quiet on the rc front for a few weeks. So I had few minutes here this afternoon. I took my stock D8's with red 68mm springs off the rig. I removed retainers and springs then finally I was able to hand test compare the stock d8 againts the modified d8's. I only have the rcshox white 2 stage new gens' s assembled right now. Stock shafts serpent bladders and 30/35 oil in them. Have to get a 1mm driver to tighten the cap down on the tri flex pistons, serpent bladders and tlr shaft combos so havent had them available to compare yet. So anyways about the differences between stock D8 and modified d8 #1 With no springs, just testing rebound with dual stage pistons and serpent bladders. Incredible, stock d8 felt like garbage. Felt like bladder was collapsed and took like 10 seconds to rebound. New gen dual stage pistons with stock shaft and serpent bladders. Bladder felt strong on compression and they rebounded ultra quick. Cant wait to use them. Really cant wait for the tri flex pistons/serpents/tlr tiNi shafts, better yet cant wait to test them with new springs on rrig
    Yea I can't wait to see what you come up with. I thought you already had the TiNi shafts

RC Qualifier
    So got the modified D8 with tri flex dual pistons, serpent bladders and tiNi shafts put together. They rebound quicker than the new gen dual stage pistons. Both are sweet. I think I'll use the tri flex for the choppy terrain and the new gen for flat surface. Still going to tinker with springs. I think im going to use the koyosho retainers and matching shock ends. I like that the koyosho combo lets the spring set the lowest out of all the combos I tried. I didnt cut any shock ends like ive seen. I found that 76mm springs on 53 or 54mm shafts will bind the spring and cause it to rub the threaded portion of the shock body. So I think ill stay with 68mm springs on the front for the 54mm shafts. 76mm seems to be tickity boo on the rears. Lhs never did order the 83mm for me to try. Only thing left to determine is to see how I like my preload set. I will post up my length differences between the 2 sets of modified D8's when I have time

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So got the modified D8 with tri flex dual pistons, serpent bladders and tiNi shafts put together. They rebound quicker than the new gen dual stage pistons. Both are sweet. I think I'll use the tri flex for the choppy terrain and the new gen for flat surface. Still going to tinker with springs. I think im going to use the koyosho retainers and matching shock ends. I like that the koyosho combo lets the spring set the lowest out of all the combos I tried. I didnt cut any shock ends like ive seen. I found that 76mm springs on 53 or 54mm shafts will bind the spring and cause it to rub the threaded portion of the shock body. So I think ill stay with 68mm springs on the front for the 54mm shafts. 76mm seems to be tickity boo on the rears. Lhs never did order the 83mm for me to try. Only thing left to determine is to see how I like my preload set. I will post up my length differences between the 2 sets of modified D8's when I have time
    Do you think the 76mm would fit better with the lower retainer. Wait lol I have a set. I'll try it out.

I might actually get a set of those Pistons later on
    Last edited by Er33; 05-10-2015 at 09:13 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Well dont you have pictures of d8 with orange springs? The stock shafts are 53mm, I think. My front tiNi are 54mm. I only tried the orange 76mm with the 54mm shafts and koyosho retainers. And the spring was rubbing on the theaded shock body, to tight. After you mentioned it I got thinking about it and thought you had orange springs.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well dont you have pictures of d8 with orange springs? The stock shafts are 53mm, I think. My front tiNi are 54mm. I only tried the orange 76mm with the 54mm shafts and koyosho retainers. And the spring was rubbing on the theaded shock body, to tight. After you mentioned it I got thinking about it and thought you had orange springs.
    Yea I have the 60mm Orange springs. I do have the white 76mm springs.

RC Qualifier
    Gotcha. Hopefully this weekend I can get those shocks on and run a couple packs. Pretty excited to see how they preform. Also worth mentioning that the team losi racing tiNi shafts work on the D8's with no mods and no leaks.

RC Qualifier
    Mounted them shocks but didnt have time to run a pack. Initial thoughts are good. Got more ground clearance in the rear and I dont think the mip are going to bind with the higher angle, doesn't look like I crossed that threshold. I noticed the truck wont bottom out the belly pan anymore, which is cool. Had to dial down the preload in the front still, maybe 5/16 of the way down. Now just need to run it and see how it rebounds at all speeds in all conditions.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Mounted them shocks but didnt have time to run a pack. Initial thoughts are good. Got more ground clearance in the rear and I dont think the mip are going to bind with the higher angle, doesn't look like I crossed that threshold. I noticed the truck wont bottom out the belly pan anymore, which is cool. Had to dial down the preload in the front still, maybe 5/16 of the way down. Now just need to run it and see how it rebounds at all speeds in all conditions.
    Sounds awesome. Have you had time to test them yet? Depending on how my new wheels and tires makes my truck sit I may have to order some of those shafts but shorter length.

RC Qualifier
    I did today actually. I only tried the d8 set with tri flex pistons and tlr shafts. I am very happy. I was bashing in my rough yard and the truck stayed right side up more. Really noticed it jumping. The new shaft lengths and spring combos were spot on for my rig. It is impossible to bottom the belly out. Comes down within 1/4" of hitting but just wont belly pan out. id say considering I like things better than stock and like tinkering, playing with these shocks was fun and justified the costs. Now I suppose a man could take it further and get his hands on a couple sets of those pistons and drill them out to suit your compression and rebound needs further, also oil to play with. But for now im happy. Maybe fine tune them next winter. Big improvement over stock. I think for my other set of d8's with the new gen pistons I may order the same tlr shafts 54mm fronts and 59.5mm for rear. And another set of orange 76mm springs for rear.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I did today actually. I only tried the d8 set with tri flex pistons and tlr shafts. I am very happy. I was bashing in my rough yard and the truck stayed right side up more. Really noticed it jumping. The new shaft lengths and spring combos were spot on for my rig. It is impossible to bottom the belly out. Comes down within 1/4" of hitting but just wont belly pan out. id say considering I like things better than stock and like tinkering, playing with these shocks was fun and justified the costs. Now I suppose a man could take it further and get his hands on a couple sets of those pistons and drill them out to suit your compression and rebound needs further, also oil to play with. But for now im happy. Maybe fine tune them next winter. Big improvement over stock. I think for my other set of d8's with the new gen pistons I may order the same tlr shafts 54mm fronts and 59.5mm for rear. And another set of orange 76mm springs for rear.
    That's awesome. Glad you finally found the setup you like.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Are these shocks still working good for you

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    hey ER33, are the xo-1 diffs a direct fit to the MIP X duty?
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

Quote Originally Posted by Jelle318 View Post
    hey ER33, are the xo-1 diffs a direct fit to the MIP X duty?
    The XO-1 diffs have the same connections as the stock diffs. So that is a yes.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Are these shocks still working good for you
    They are working great.

Well finally got new body painted. And doing the shoo goo method. Question do you apply one coat of shoo goo then one layer of drywall tape then another shoo goo layer and done. Or is there more layers of drywall tape. I want this one strong and last longer. So when I keep attempting more of these

It doesn't break like my raptor did
    I told my some I want to break something lol and brought out the other ramp placed
    It on top of the other and tried to do as many flips as I could. Well I didn't manage to break anything serious. Only think was rod end on the shock shaft two tires broke the gorilla tape as seen in either vid above or one below also somehow my motor was stuck in forward.
    That is supr sick my friend!!! I thought my dinky little jumps were big air.... I got nothing on those!!!! What mm hex wheels are you running here?
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    That is supr sick my friend!!! I thought my dinky little jumps were big air.... I got nothing on those!!!! What mm hex wheels are you running here?
    I have ran both 12mm and 17mm. But in that video I was running the chrome revolvers and trenchers.
    You can see that big tree and there's a mail box. I can't count how many times if hitten both lol.

I have ran both 12mm and 17mm. But in that video I was running the chrome revolvers and trenchers.
    You can see that big tree and there's a mail box. I can't count how many times if hitten both lol.
    That's funny, I'll be proud if my truck hits tree branches on my tree when jumping! I played around with gluing those 14mm in my p4de thread, I feel pretty good about it so I'm going to buy some 17mm hex wheels and tires and put those 17mm adapters to use, haven't decided on which combo yet...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's funny, I'll be proud if my truck hits tree branches on my tree when jumping! I played around with gluing those 14mm in my p4de thread, I feel pretty good about it so I'm going to buy some 17mm hex wheels and tires and put those 17mm adapters to use, haven't decided on which combo yet...
    How are those 14mm wheels doin. They look pretty slick.

How are those 14mm wheels doin. They look pretty slick.
    Their great for looks but after putting them on just barely turning was flipping it on its side everytime.

I don't know if it's because cutting the tire down to fit wheel and rolling the tread more out on the sidewall was getting more grip...
    or
    because the offset was different...
    or
    just the bigger wheel diameter was causing a balance issue making it flip easier...

Any ideas???

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Their great for looks but after putting them on just barely turning was flipping it on its side everytime.

I don't know if it's because cutting the tire down to fit wheel and rolling the tread more out on the sidewall was getting more grip...
    or
    because the offset was different...
    or
    just the bigger wheel diameter was causing a balance issue making it flip easier...

Any ideas???
    I would say it's more of having less sidewall. I noticed that with my trenchers/revolvers compared to my swampers and 2.8 f-11. Yes different tire but I think the swampers has better traction over the trenchers

I would say it's more of having less sidewall. I noticed that with my trenchers/revolvers compared to my swampers and 2.8 f-11. Yes different tire but I think the swampers has better traction over the trenchers
    I could see that, with the sidewall more give with less sidewall more ridged and responsive to steering input... on those 14mm I already broke 1 of my 8 adapters lol

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112