Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: P4de build

The hexes that come with the new design mips are steel bro and as long as you use good tools and threadlock they don't come apart only when you want them to.....peace...
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yea I have both good set of hex tools and I use blue lock tight on all my other screws and haven't had a problem with loose screws. Letting the axles sit to dry won't be a problem since I'll be waiting for new rims and tires. I just need to get some different bearings now I believe 5x12x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Finally after waiting for my avid 5x12x4 bearings, mashers and desperado combo I was able to test new axles. This things is quite going done the street I was surprise. Did some speed runs hit 52mph geared 22/50 still controllable. Threw a 24 pinion speed went down to 48 hmm weird. So I went down to 19/50 hit 46 lol yea got weirder little lost on that one. Got bored of speed runs and a few jumps. So I decided to pull my 1yr old son in his wagon. Pulled my oldest sons slash out with 2650 motor in it left it geared 19/54 it struggled at first to get it going. Yea I know shoulda geared it down but it managed. Temps was up to 145 on motor so I stopped with his truck. Geared mine down to 16/50 thought I had mesh set right but it chewed the spur still pulled no problems getting started at all and temps was great. My youngest had fun he wanted more lol

Now on that speed calculator did I enter right things or did I miss something or enter wrong. The current draw might be wrong probably is.

You must select 3.7V (nominal Voltage) not 4.1

Other than that I can't see any mistakes.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    You must select 3.7V (nominal Voltage) not 4.1

Other than that I can't see any mistakes.
    Ok thanks I'll change that

How are you finding the new wheels and tyres combo dude and how come you went for zero off set...peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    How are you finding the new wheels and tyres combo dude and how come you went for zero off set...peace
    Those are the 12mm desperados not the new f11 heck I wish I was able to find the new ones. And I ordered the rear set I'll have to check the p/n on the package. The rears have more of offset then fronts right

They should have the same off set all round and the ones you should have is part number 1192-12 bro....peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They should have the same off set all round and the ones you should have is part number 1192-12 bro....peace
    That part number is them pre mounted I bought these unmounted to double tape the tires. I have the mashers on my maximizer wheels untaped and the ballooned so much I couldn't control it. And couldn't use the tires since they was cut up. I figure I can try the 12mm hexs for awhile till new rims comes out and put these on my 9yr old sons pede or go back to my maximizers.

Sorry dude part number 2729-03 but get the 17mm wheels asap bro....peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sorry dude part number 2729-03 but get the 17mm wheels asap bro....peace
    Yea I'm keeping my eye out on the new ones. First I need the adapters which I think I'll place that order tomorrow since it won't be much longer for new ones comes out

Cool man hopefully someone will get a hold of the new rims....peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well let's see I went out and got the 112mm D8 shocks and they fit good. Has the same amount of droop as when I had the 97 or 98mm front shocks with longer end rods on. So that's a plus. I also went got longer pins drilled the bulkheads where the arms mount at cut the long pins to length to get rid of the arm slop.

Cut a little long. Shoulda went a few mm longer but they still work

Here's the longer shocks

I also moved them back to the front of the rear tower maybe now I won't be putting holes in my body

Anyone know of a good chassis brace or a good role cage

Those shocks look sick dude how is that truck running I bet you're not getting any high temps anymore....peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Bashing nope 130. Pulling my son 150. I tried doing 6s lol but it wouldn't go through power up. Probably a good thing though

Even when I get the bigger leopard motor I don't think I will run more than 4s man but who knows...peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ok fellas need a little help. I have the t bone bumpers rear with wheelie bar. Does anyone or has anyone modified it to keep the driver side wheel from spinning off. I've lost one already due to when wheel spins it's basically unscrewing the wheel screw which then it rolls away. New one is doing same thing

RC Qualifier
    i got a slash 4x4 rear bumper with wheelie wheels mod and i lost 1 stockers on that side. you can put some superglue inside the thread hole or any loctite. and make sure that wheelie wheel turns without any binding. lubricate it too

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by janmichael_zamora View Post
    i got a slash 4x4 rear bumper with wheelie wheels mod and i lost 1 stockers on that side. you can put some superglue inside the thread hole or any loctite. and make sure that wheelie wheel turns without any binding. lubricate it too
    Thanks I'll try the super glue. I already tried blue loctite and it still came off. Maybe red loctite or just go with the glue. Btw how are those gtrs with the losi springs working out for you. Your running 1/8 motor right

I done it to my wheely bar wheels because once they get ripped out it's the only way that buying new parts....peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Finally they are here. Just waiting on my tires now

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Thanks I'll try the super glue. I already tried blue loctite and it still came off. Maybe red loctite or just go with the glue. Btw how are those gtrs with the losi springs working out for you. Your running 1/8 motor right
    they are working great but still not that stiff for my liking. having that 2200kv motor and alum upgrades my p4de is kinda on the heavy wt. but i already ordered the vga springs for my bigbore shocks. and its already in my mailbox. cant wait to fit it tonight.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    they are working great but still not that stiff for my liking. having that 2200kv motor and alum upgrades my p4de is kinda on the heavy wt. but i already ordered the vga springs for my bigbore shocks. and its already in my mailbox. cant wait to fit it tonight.
    I know exactly what you mean by a heavy pede. I need to put it on the scale. Yea I was thinking about putting the gtrs and using those springs on my sons slash he has my old 2650 motor. Doesn't seem to heavy. Either those or get him the d8s also

RC Qualifier
    I know exactly what you mean by a heavy pede. I need to put it on the scale. Yea I was thinking about putting the gtrs and using those springs on my sons slash he has my old 2650 motor. Doesn't seem to heavy. Either those or get him the d8s also
    havent tried running it on my slash.... but i gues all stiffer spring than the stock will work better.... but not to stiff too.... lol....

RC Qualifier
    Finally they are here. Just waiting on my tires now
    oh men you have it already? i wanted them too but its all snow here in calgary and i have my old set of 12mm desperado with masher tires and snow chains on them.... so i gues ill just make use of them. ill be getting those wheels too but that will be by summer???? nextyear.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    oh men you have it already? i wanted them too but its all snow here in calgary and i have my old set of 12mm desperado with masher tires and snow chains on them.... so i gues ill just make use of them. ill be getting those wheels too but that will be by summer???? nextyear.
    Yea it's calling for snow here this weekend. Nothing big though. I'm still waiting on the new 2.8 super swamper tires

RC Qualifier
    new tires and wheels combo for bashers.... nice......

That wheel and tyre combo will look so sick on your truck dude I am not jealous at all......peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well driving in 20* weather and when the truck does a backflip due to hiring a slight bump and truck grabs the road and cartwheels this is what happens

Yes that's a MIP male spline off my front left axle. Not good

Wow dude you don't mess about when you crash email tbone racing and see if they will hook you up and mip parts on eBay are cheap bro...peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Bad thing is it wasnt a crash. I eased in throttle on take off then gave it a little more to get up to speed and front end came up truck was on its back I hit the brake to flip it forward rear wheels grabbed pavement it danced a little before it tumbled on its front wheels then flipped forward. I think I need to add heavier oil in rear diff so it's not an open diff more or less. Same with front bumper. The rear bumper came off my sons pede he lost control tried to avoid my truck went sideways and I hit it with my front bumper at a good speed I must say. His went flying mine stayed on. My bumper came off I dunno how it came off

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well they are here. They're not glued yet just threw them on to get a feel of new stuff lol

Yes that's the stock body lol. My other two bodies are beat up
    I will say this. You can't get the outer hex but started with your fingers. Unless you have tiny fingers. As far as tread they are about the same as the trenchers. Not soft like the mashers. These closed cells makes this tire real stiff don't know if I need to do any modifying to them to keep them from ballooning. Might do it to be safe.

They look just awesome brothe closed cell foams dont allow the tyres to balloon like the standard foams just so you know man....peace

RC Qualifier
    oh woooow.......

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They look just awesome brothe closed cell foams dont allow the tyres to balloon like the standard foams just so you know man....peace
    That's what I thought since they are stiff. I might just run them with out doing anything to the tires

That's what I thought since they are stiff. I might just run them with out doing anything to the tires
    Please give us a review so that people know that they don't have to tape up and add more rotating mass bro...peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Please give us a review so that people know that they don't have to tape up and add more rotating mass bro...peace
    I plan on it. I'm waiting on my axle, a replacement esc (bec issues) and some diff rebuild kits. Then back on the road

Man those are nice tires !!

RC Racer
    Those are wicked tires. Never seen them at any of my local hobby shops ...
    MJB

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by baughler10 View Post
    Those are wicked tires. Never seen them at any of my local hobby shops ...
    Fresh off the proline tire rack lol. JK. I did order from them though

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast