Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: P4de build

RC Racer
    Can you buy them already mounted ? I hate mounting them myself (too lazy and don't know how to do it might be better to say) from what I've read on here they are a firm tire that doesn't balloon as much or is that only if you mount them yourself ?
    MJB

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by baughler10 View Post
    Can you buy them already mounted ? I hate mounting them myself (too lazy and don't know how to do it might be better to say) from what I've read on here they are a firm tire that doesn't balloon as much or is that only if you mount them yourself ?
    Unfortunately they aren't available premounted. I'm sure after they sell a lot of them they'll start having premounted options. And other wheels available with 17mm. It's not the tire that's firm. I pulled the cell out and they are as soft as the trenchers and mashers. It's the cell itself that makes the tire firm. You can probably call proline and ask if there's a way they can mount them for you. Personally I prefer to mount them myself.

RC Racer
    I'm just delaying the inevitable LOL - I need to mount a set myself. The Swampers will be my first ...
    MJB

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lol. I still need to mount mine. Cant do anything anyways since I'm waiting on my esc replacement and another male spline

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ok so after waiting on replacement esc, rebuild diffs, installed new rx with new tx. Axles, front bumper I finally got my wheels mounted and tryed them out.
    Modified rustler axles to work with stock length axles.

Here's new rx/tx

New bumper it's wide

Compared to old bumper

So after running the new wheels and tires. There is slight ballooning without taping them. That's me doing speed runs up and down the street. If you pick truck up and hold it in air well then there's ballooning. I like them how they are without tape. Their not pizza cutters like trenchers or mashers are without tape. But it's more with the closed cells that came with these tires.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Modified rustler axles to work with stock length axles.
    What is the MIP part # for the longer CVD? Those would come in handy if I ever install longer a-arms.

RC Racer
    And HOLY BUMPER BATMAN! Just noticed the difference! lol Are the tires rubbing it?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by stillsmokin875 View Post
    And HOLY BUMPER BATMAN! Just noticed the difference! lol Are the tires rubbing it?
    I didn't notice. I'll have to look more at it or try to listen for it while in a turn
    Pat number 11105 is for the protrac arms if you already have the x duties
    Last edited by Er33; 11-22-2014 at 06:41 PM.

The trucks looking better every time I see it bro keep up the awesome work...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    The trucks looking better every time I see it bro keep up the awesome work...peace
    Thanks bro. Well I finally managed to strip the servo gears. Time for something powerful I think it had something to do with the new rx I got. It has the avc option and I turned it on. Was doing pretty good with it. But I think when in got on the 2 right side wheels it kicked the steering to the right to get it back on all 4 wheels but then I think. I did the same thing with my old rx and tx. And I didn't adjust my strc servo saver since if put it in. So either it had enough or something else went wrong. So I have 2 options. Either do what humayrayakongkinaon has to offer with metal gears inside a 2075 or get a waterproof high torque servo. Other that the truck ran good changed gearing to 19/50. Outside temps is around 57*. So my motor was 95* and esc was 88*. Hmmmm kinda weird if you ask me I can't see dropping 3 truths would change the temps over 40* maybe it will. And thanks to elsob I'm now running 40k in front diff and 100k in rear diff and what a difference it has

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Tore my truck apart to do maintenance and well some was harder then other areas. Rear outer bearing right side was gone

So I fixed all the rear bearings even in the diff housing changed fluid put back together. KH mount bearing still running strong.
    Time for the front. And this is what I found pin broke for the out drive only one side

And then I noticed the front wheels would get hung up when turning the wheels by hand so I found pinion bearings seized and opened the diff and what do you know I have broken spider gears

Fixed them all up good as new for now lol. That would be the first for me to break inner gears and also the set pins for the axles.

Wow. That's some mild carnage there. I don't know if those pins are the best solution. They are free on one side,not binding anything...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioffroad View Post
    I don't know if those pins are the best solution. They are free on one side,not binding anything...
    These are the pins I use and style of pins everyone else uses in place of those small set pins that comes with the axles. Honestly I don't know what I did for this to happen. Not unless it was last weekend when I tested out the 19/54 and changed a few things that was binding to get my temps down. I did hit a parking block you find in parking lots I broke an A arm on that side right at the bulkhead.
    I was able to run a pack through and everything is smooooooooth as butter. I also balanced my tires last night man was they out of wack.

Wow bearing and spider gear meltdownbut glad you have sorted it out and back in the driving seat bro...peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Wow!! How did you manage to break the spider gears? Aren't you running XO-1 diffs?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    Wow!! How did you manage to break the spider gears? Aren't you running XO-1 diffs?
    Yep I have xo1 both front and rears that's what's weird. The outdrive gears was still good well almost. There was some chiped teeth on one side. But not missing teeth

Do you think you may have over tightened anything a bit too much...peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Do you think you may have over tightened anything a bit too much...peace
    Nope. After putting at together I always check to see if there's binding. When I rebuild it last night I even put an extra shim in on the other outdrive just to see what it feels like. It was tight. Kinda hard to explain. ( Ok have you ever pushed your pinion gear inside your diff inward more and moved the ring gear by wheel. You can feel a difference on how it grabs )

Did you put two teflon washers on each side of diff pinion output shaft? I know one side has one already. I did try putting on the other side but when put together it was tight and grinding.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Did you put two teflon washers on each side of diff pinion output shaft? I know one side has one already. I did try putting on the other side but when put together it was tight and grinding.
    Yea that's what I did just to see what it felt like. But I did this last night after finding all this and rebuilding it. I only had one washer in at time of destruction. I noticed same as what you said so I removed the one washer that isn't suppose to be there and put it back together.
    And it was one Teflon washer on each side if that's what you mean by two of them. Or two on each side then no. Just one on each side

Yea that's what I did just to see what it felt like. But I did this last night after finding all this and rebuilding it. I only had one washer in at time of destruction. I noticed same as what you said so I removed the one washer that isn't suppose to be there and put it back together.
    And it was one Teflon washer on each side if that's what you mean by two of them. Or two on each side then no. Just one on each side
    opps I meant to say one on each side lol. I did put a thin washer on each pinion gears F/R center driveshaft.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    opps I meant to say one on each side lol. I did put a thin washer on each pinion gears F/R center driveshaft.
    Really. How's that working out on the pinion's

Really. How's that working out on the pinion's
    I don't know how I have super thin washers that happen to be the right size lol but I never like the amount of play with ring to pinion gears.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I don't know how I have super thin washers that happen to be the right size lol but I never like the amount of play with ring to pinion gears.
    Did you take out all the play or some of it

Did you take out all the play or some of it
    There's still play but not as much as without washer.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    There's still play but not as much as without washer.
    That's cool. I guess if there was no play at all you'll have a chance of binding the driveline which wouldn't be good.

Nice build man! love how it's looking! wow, thats some carnage with the diffs.... what washers are you talking about? i dont have any washers/shims on my diff. i know its very sloppy but i have always thought it was supposed to do lol. i must have been lucky with the diffs (knock on wood)!
    | Slash 4x4 | Stampede 4x4 | E-Revo BL | RPM |

Are you guy's using traxxas part number 1985 by any chance....peace

i dont use them lol, didnt even know they exist!
    | Slash 4x4 | Stampede 4x4 | E-Revo BL | RPM |

I don't think these are traxxas washers, I found them from my bro old rc tool box and he has Mugen truggy.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasvxlbasher View Post
    Nice build man! love how it's looking! wow, thats some carnage with the diffs.... what washers are you talking about? i dont have any washers/shims on my diff. i know its very sloppy but i have always thought it was supposed to do lol. i must have been lucky with the diffs (knock on wood)!
    It's the washer that comes with the diff kit. There's only one washer and 2 rubber seals. But the other type of washers we was talking about are for the pinion gears of front and rear diffs

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nope not those. Those are for the stub axles

Hey Er33, I see that you too have used the long grub screws for the x duty, I am thinking of not using the orginal screws (2 for each side); are those the erevo scews that you are using or any other if so what is the part number please.

Thanks
    Live life to the fullest

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Hey Er33, I see that you too have used the long grub screws for the x duty, I am thinking of not using the orginal screws (2 for each side); are those the erevo scews that you are using or any other if so what is the part number please.

Thanks
    Yea those are part tra5145. But the tra5189 fits better they are 2mm shorter

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    proline is coming out with mounts for the pede adjustable at that.
    http://prolineracing.com/performance...-stampede-4x4/

proline is coming out with mounts for the pede adjustable at that.
    http://prolineracing.com/performance...-stampede-4x4/
    that's good find, forget telluride body post, might change direction with mine now

RC poster
    Wicked truck!! Thats the color scheme I wanna do on the 50s body. What paint did you use?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjammin5150 View Post
    Wicked truck!! Thats the color scheme I wanna do on the 50s body. What paint did you use?
    Thanks bro.
    The hummer body is a candy blue with silver back with marble effect and black bottom and silver metallic between the two. The candy blue is hard to find pactra is the paint I use to get but no longer in business.
    The 72 c10 body is a green and blue both metallics both by tamiya color

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that's good find, forget telluride body post, might change direction with mine now
    Yea don't know when they'll be out though lol

RC Qualifier

Holy crap these things are huge compared to the gtrs
    Are these the castor shocks you said to use fronts all the way around spennie? On page 5?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast