Thread: Gyro on ERBE

RC Competitor

Gyro on ERBE

I have read a few threads on opinions and thoughts of gyros in general, but nothing specific to a erbe. I just picked up a Futaba GYC430.

Anyone have one on there erbe?

I will be installing today, so I will definitely follow up with my thoughts. Looking to up the fun factor... If that's even possible with how much fun this monster already is!

RC Competitor
    SoooOOO... The gyro has turned this truck into a totally different monster. After getting it dialed in... It allows you to really drive the wheels off the truck. What I mean by that is, it adds a tremendous amount of control and stability. I find myself in the throttle a lot more!

Really it gives you a different experience. I would not say a "better" experiance, but it's almost like 2 different trucks when on or off. A lot of fun and that's what I wanted! Very happy with the purchase!

It's a tiny little thing. I mounted it just in front of the ESC.

RC Qualifier
    Great! Brushless systems need that electronic control... must have an on/off switch touhgt! Losi is coming box stock on receivers with their AVC.

Anyway... my opinion is that you must put that gyro on the receiver box... cause the sensible eletriconics are not made for dust/debris rc cars enviroment have... those come from the Helis you know? And there is a car version of that one...

Here you go:

Gyros will become a stock piece on rc's in these years to come for sure!
    And Troll speed junkies bashing will thank it for their 6s runs on dirt!

There is already to much power on ours rc's that we start to fisicly can't drive them when they are overpowered by 6s or even more.....

Even worse that traxxas stays the same with their "nimh" tecnology durability on e-revo diferencial's. They need to make a E-revo 2.0 with 1/8 diff's made specific for 6s abuse. This in stock form! And take out the flag saying it's a bullet proof differentials... could be in "nimh cells! Not on "trifasic" power.

That's my opinion, that counts only for 1 vote!

Peace!
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 06-19-2014 at 04:38 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
    Great! Brushless systems need that electronic control... must have an on/off switch touhgt! Losi is coming box stock on receivers with their AVC.

Anyway... my opinion is that you must put that gyro on the receiver box... cause the sensible eletriconics are not made for dust/debris rc cars enviroment have... those come from the Helis you know? And there is a car version of that one...

Here you go:

Gyros will become a stock piece on rc's in these years to come for sure!
    And Troll speed junkies bashing will thank it for their 6s runs on dirt!

There is already to much power on ours rc's that we start to fisicly can't drive them when they are overpowered by 6s or even more.....

Even worse that traxxas stays the same with their "nimh" tecnology durability on e-revo diferencial's. They need to make a E-revo 2.0 with 1/8 diff's made specific for 6s abuse. This in stock form! And take out the flag saying it's a bullet proof differentials... could be in "nimh cells! Not on "trifasic" power.

That's my opinion, that counts only for 1 vote!

Peace!
    I definitely agree. I had done some research on that AVC technology and that's what got me interested in the gyro for the ERBE.

Great advice on getting the gyro enclosed. I am working on a micro receiver box that I will mount in the old second servo location.

RC Qualifier
    How is it wired up? Steering servo wires into gyro then gyro to receiver?
    ERBE, LaTrax Rally, E Jato, and Spartan

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by cMc214 View Post
    How is it wired up? Steering servo wires into gyro then gyro to receiver?
    Ecactly. The set up is fairly simple.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by silveroneone View Post
    Ecactly. The set up is fairly simple.
    Nice looks good
    ERBE, LaTrax Rally, E Jato, and Spartan

RC poster
    I plugged in my ESky gyro to channel 1 running one servo, and the yellow wire into channel 3. The light comes on, but it doesn't sync and no steering. Any thoughts on this?

Thanx in Advance

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo_Repo View Post
    I plugged in my ESky gyro to channel 1 running one servo, and the yellow wire into channel 3. The light comes on, but it doesn't sync and no steering. Any thoughts on this?

Thanx in Advance
    Wait what?
    Anyway you have to remember that not all helicopter gyros will work on rc cars!
    From what i remember if want to use helicopter gyros on rc cars it should be the tail ones... but i could be wrong!

As for wiring a gryo is simple as this....

Every Gyro will have a "in" and a "out" 3 wire slot or plug.

Do we need to say more? I think it's selfexplain....

RC poster
    We plugged the Esky heading gyro into my buddies buggy and it seems to initiate and maybe help with heading but we havn't got it to adjust steering. I was just going to order another one for my ERBE but it handles so well I may not need it. However the 6s batteries show up today or tomorrow so I may change my mind at that point. Hehe

RC Qualifier
    This is awesome work!

Are you guys using the stock 2.4 GHz Transmitters for these gyros or do you have to upgrade your transmitter to use gyros?

Thanks a milli!
    Last edited by Ray00Ray; 06-23-2014 at 09:47 AM.
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC Qualifier
    Gyros are universal's "gizmos". 2.4ghz, AM 27mhz, FM 40mhz doesn't matter. They are all wired to a receiver and a servo!

There is one brand that incorpate a gyro on the receiver and callet it "AVC" - that's LOSI (Horizon Hobby), but "Sanwa" is doing it to.... Remember that incorporating gyros on receivers it's all new, cause the brushless power took over and win over the combustion motor's, noise, yah, noise!! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ray00Ray View Post
    This is awesome work!

Are you guys using the stock 2.4 GHz Transmitters for these gyros or do you have to upgrade your transmitter to use gyros?

Thanks a milli!
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 06-23-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Wow interesting. I have been looking at that one for a while but not too sure what to make of it and how the truck will handle. I recently started getting used to the erbe, so will have at the setting now and definitely try this later.

What is the effect on gyros on the servos, especially on these high powered and stressed steering vehicles. Definitely need a good servo set up for that matter.

Very nice indeed
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Gyro will do only one thing... and one thing only regardless is if is a high dollar servo or a china cheap one... doesn't matter!

Track straight by switching direction faster then humans...

That video show it all, first seconds...
    Gyros are not new news.. it's and oldschool gizmo from rc helis! What brought it to life was the fact a RC company made it incorporated on receivers.
    Speed freaks with abusive overkill powered systems need to at least use half the power... so gyros will help to drive the car at full max.....some people like it... some don't.... but that's just LIFE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Wow interesting. I have been looking at that one for a while but not too sure what to make of it and how the truck will handle. I recently started getting used to the erbe, so will have at the setting now and definitely try this later.

What is the effect on gyros on the servos, especially on these high powered and stressed steering vehicles. Definitely need a good servo set up for that matter.

Very nice indeed
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 06-23-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
    Gyro will do only one thing... and one thing only regardless is if is a high dollar servo or a china cheap one... doesn't matter!

Track straight by switching direction faster then humans...

That video show it all, first seconds...
    Gyros are not new news.. it's and oldschool gizmo from rc helis! What brought it to life was the fact a RC company made it incorporated on receivers.
    Speed freaks with abusive overkill powered systems need to at least use half the power... so gyros will help to drive the car at full max.....some people like it... some don't.... but that's just LIFE!
    Thanks, so that been said I probably will not need it as I am on the track most of the time. I imagine people who race do not use them.
    From the video, handling does look great.
    Live life to the fullest

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Thanks, so that been said I probably will not need it as I am on the track most of the time. I imagine people who race do not use them.
    From the video, handling does look great.
    you are right, it is good for straight speed runs, other than that it won't be fun if it will be doing all the job.

RC Competitor
    For me it's more of an rc novelty, Deffenetly not "needed", but something fun. Because you have the ability to set it to 0 and essentially turn it off, it makes it even better. Best of both worlds.